The Thread of general TWD-related questions

Comments

• I have nothing left but little details to obsess over

DabigRG posted: »

And then Jane quick-heals like Wolverine between appearances? lol I just meant that her only having one scene left meant giving her

• Little details Telltale should've obsessed over?

Louche posted: »

I have nothing left but little details to obsess over

• That's a good point that I never really thought about.

It's perfectly reasonable for one to just assume it's a sign of the bond formed between all of them since they've been surviving and relying on each other for years without David. And, given that they've lost not only Javier&David's parents but Mariana as well, it'd make perfect sense that they'd cherish each other's safety in the face of danger that much more.

However, on the chance that she did put 2&2 together, I'm honestly not sure what she'd have done in regards to David. She'd have known him long enough to know he's got an inferiority complex towards his brother and that he'd flip the fuck out, but she'd also potentially know how to break it to him in the least igniting way.

Most likely though, she'd probably just give them the room and time to sort that shit out among themselves.

If you stuck to David's plan then Ava is at the apartment at the beginning of episode 4. She sees Kate, Gabe, and Javi all embracing and gi

• edited March 2018

David's. Was gonna show him getting branded. There mighta been others but I forget.

@Dont_Look_Back Back in January of last year, you said there were signs of other flashbacks besides Clementine and Javier's. What were they?

• Yeah, Fergie said that's probably one of the things you meant. Thanks!

David's. Was gonna show him getting branded. There mighta been others but I forget.

• well, yeah.

Little details Telltale should've obsessed over?

• What do you think the other Campman's looked like before things started going to shit?

• Do you think the repeated/recycled character points are generally initial or not?

• Has a Walker ever ate one of their own? In the games, TV show or comics?

• I don't read the comics, but I'm sure it's never happened in the show or the games. Walkers are naturally only interested in living things. This is why the guts trick can easily fool them.

Has a Walker ever ate one of their own? In the games, TV show or comics?

• Not that I've seen. If they only smell the stench of their brethren, they're pretty docile and would stay that way up to the point they're bodies become too deteriorated to function.

Unless they find an animal to munch on.

• Mission for Final Season: Cover Walker in Human guts.

• But where would the human guts come from?

(Don't tell me it's AJ)

Mission for Final Season: Cover Walker in Human guts.

• How exactly did the stranger abduct Clem without the others noticing?

• edited March 2018

He contacted her on the walkie saying he was there to take her to her parents, she slipped outside without the others noticing, and then they took off on foot, with Clementine dropping her hat in the dash.

How exactly did the stranger abduct Clem without the others noticing?

• edited March 2018

Do you have any proof of that? Why would the other walkie talkie get left on the ground? Also Clem dropping her hat and not picking it up seems extremely unlikely since it's her dad's

He contacted her on the walkie saying he was there to take her to her parents, she slipped outside without the others noticing, and then they took off on foot, with Clementine dropping her hat in the dash.

• Do you have any proof of that?

Not really. That's just the vibe I got from the precedence and what Clementine said.

Why would the other walkie talkie get left on the ground?

Oh yeah, I forgot she dropped that too, somehow.

Also Clem dropping her hat and not picking it up seems extremely unlikely since it's her dad's

Either she was to focused on the destination to stop for it or the Stranger simply told her they didn't have time to stop.

Do you have any proof of that? Why would the other walkie talkie get left on the ground? Also Clem dropping her hat and not picking it up seems extremely unlikely since it's her dad's

• I'm wondering if it was supposed to be a deliberately set trap for Lee, but then they decided to make the stranger less of an "obvious villain making evil plans" sort of thing?
    It feels very odd. What were Kenny and the others doing outside of the house anyway? How did they not see or hear anything?

Do you have any proof of that? Not really. That's just the vibe I got from the precedence and what Clementine said. Why would

• I'm wondering if it was supposed to be a deliberately set trap for Lee, but then they decided to make the stranger less of an "obvious villain making evil plans" sort of thing?
    It feels very odd.

Hmm...perhaps. I mean, he was right next to Lee at one point, staring him down.
    ...Which is harsher in hindsight, now that I've said that. O-O

What were Kenny and the others doing outside of the house anyway? How did they not see or hear anything?

...Good question. They might've been checking out the boat and installing the engine.

I'm wondering if it was supposed to be a deliberately set trap for Lee, but then they decided to make the stranger less of an "obvious villa

• Any idea who voices the Angry Family Woman from the Wellington Flashback dialogue?

• edited March 2018

Hmm...perhaps. I mean, he was right next to Lee at one point, staring him down.

Yes, that part used to confuse me a bit, but I think I figured it out. Obviously the stranger was checking up on them to see if they (or rather clementine) were safe after molly alerted all the zombies with the bell tower. Now, an interesting thing is what if the Stranger saw Lee burying Fivel, and got so close because he was checking to make sure the dead child wasn't Clem? I think the scene makes sense, which is hardly something I usually get on my own.

...Which is harsher in hindsight, now that I've said that. O-O

How so?

...Good question. They might've been checking out the boat and installing the engine.

Didn't they come from around the front of the house?

I'm wondering if it was supposed to be a deliberately set trap for Lee, but then they decided to make the stranger less of an "obvious villa

• How so?

You touched on it in the first part: him seeing Lee bury Fivel might've ticked off the wrong neuron and reminded him of losing track of Adam.' And seeing Lee--a murderer who had allowed Clementine to be put in danger numerous times--burying him, well....

Didn't they come from around the front of the house?

...Maybe. Idfk!

Hmm...perhaps. I mean, he was right next to Lee at one point, staring him down. Yes, that part used to confuse me a bit, but I think

• edited March 2018

I feel like they could have done a "talk him down" ending. Lee convinces the stranger he's not bad/that the stranger himself is crazy and unfit for Clem. And so the Stranger willingly lets him take Clem.
    And then in the hallway, you hear a single shot ring out from inside the room.

That would have been another optional ending that wouldn't have baggage attached, like with season 2's clusterfuck. After all, the stranger's story was done.

How so? You touched on it in the first part: him seeing Lee bury Fivel might've ticked off the wrong neuron and reminded him of losi

• DANG IT! FUCK! That's a really good idea...why didn't they think of that?!

I feel like they could have done a "talk him down" ending. Lee convinces the stranger he's not bad/that the stranger himself is crazy and un

• edited March 2018

Because season 1 wasn't perfect, and the ending was pretty weak IMO. As I've already explained. No time left is really short, as well.
    See, I do respect season 2 for giving us proper different outcomes. Yeah, of course they mattered little in season 3 but I always knew that would be the case anyway.
    What I didn't expect was how retarded Kenny and Jane's deaths would be. You can cheat us of having a season with them, but you could at least imply something satisfying happened in between (especially for the punished Jane fans)

DANG IT! FUCK! That's a really good idea...why didn't they think of that?!

• During the argument on the roof by the Bridge, Conrad says they wouldn't even be in this mess if it wasn't for you. What exactly is this about and is it determinant?

• It's not determinant. And I did wonder about this. Probably he was referring to Clementine telling them to go to Richmond.

During the argument on the roof by the Bridge, Conrad says they wouldn't even be in this mess if it wasn't for you. What exactly is this about and is it determinant?

• Oh yeah, she did. I thought about it and was wondering if it's a holdover from the fact that Badger was supposed to be after her originally.

Fangirl101 posted: »

It's not determinant. And I did wonder about this. Probably he was referring to Clementine telling them to go to Richmond.

• edited March 2018

Most likely. Now that you mention it. There's also Tripp's line: "Don't be stink-eyeing me! You're just lucky I didn't hang you!"
    Honestly, them looking for Javier is stupid. Over a cup of pudding? Pfft. Killing Badger's friends? Lol, what? Javier can kill one of the ambushers, determinately. Not canonly. I understand if Lonnie died in the trailer, but this is too much. Clementine being chased by TNF would be more understandable. She was probably supposed to commit a crime that is deemed betrayal.
    According to that audio interview with Melissa Hutchison, Clementine was supposed to escape willingly. She didn't say it directly, but I could tell. Meli said something like "Clementine reached the point where she was like: This is fucked I am leaving."

Oh yeah, she did. I thought about it and was wondering if it's a holdover from the fact that Badger was supposed to be after her originally.

• Killing Badger's friends? Lol, what? Javier can kill one of the ambushers, determinately. Not canonly.

Yeah, I saw that the other day. I was like, "Waitaminute...?!"

Clementine being chased by TNF would be more understandable. She was probably supposed to commit a crime that is deemed betrayal.

Yeah, that what it seemed like it had transpired in Part 2 proper. Or at least, what I ultimately settled on at the time.

According to that audio interview with Melissa Hutchison, Clementine was supposed to escape willingly. She didn't say it directly, but I could tell. Meli said something like "Clementine reached the point where she was like: This is fucked I am leaving.

Oh really? Not too surprising.

Man, that cutting room floor must be decorated in at least thirty pages worth of content and scenarios.

Most likely. Now that you mention it. There's also Tripp's line: "Don't be stink-eyeing me! You're just lucky I didn't hang you!" Honestly

• In the final chapter of Part 2, Javier asks Gabe to help him lift Kate up out of the car. The boy motions to help her (seemingly by the hand) and then the next shot has Javier(and Kate, for that matter) suddenly flipped to be cradling her and Gabe is seemingly getting up from either crouching or stepping out of the car.
    What happened here?

• edited March 2018

Hm, didn't think of that one. Javi didn't need help after all, haha.
    Btw, the previous scene, Kate sitting up to hug Gabe happened a bit suddenly.
    However, it is shown that Javier helps her sit up only on PlayStation(? I am not sure).
    59:05

In the final chapter of Part 2, Javier asks Gabe to help him lift Kate up out of the car. The boy motions to help her (seemingly by the hand

• Hm, didn't think of that one. Javi didn't need help after all, haha.

True. I just think it's odd they would've left that line in if they weren't gonna properly animate that. Or Kate shifting angle/direction, for that matter.

Btw, the previous scene, Kate sitting up to hug Gabe happened a bit suddenly. >However, there is a scene where Javier helps her sit up that is shown only on PlayStation(? I am not sure).
    59:05

What the hell? What kinda exclusivity BS is this?

Hm, didn't think of that one. Javi didn't need help after all, haha. Btw, the previous scene, Kate sitting up to hug Gabe happened a bit suddenly. However, it is shown that Javier helps her sit up only on PlayStation(? I am not sure). 59:05

• edited March 2018

Javi: Help me lift her up.
    Gabe: Okay. :)
    Javi: Nah, I got it.
    Gabe: Okay... :(

Our boy wants to feel useful! He should have helped!
    Agreed, though, it is weird that they kept it.

My edited version sounds better, you should have quoted that. :D Anyway, I have no clue. It's confusing. Maybe it was deleted from the other consoles by accident? Or kept in this one by mistake?

Hm, didn't think of that one. Javi didn't need help after all, haha. True. I just think it's odd they would've left that line in if

• Do you think Episode 401 is finished/nearly finished?

• Nearly, yes

Do you think Episode 401 is finished/nearly finished?

• Why do the textures look cloudy as shit here?

• Is this from the remaster? The animation looks alot more smooth than I remember.
    And the shading...
    In that case, I wouldn't expect anything less from them. :unamused:

Why do the textures look cloudy as shit here?

• edited March 2018

Yeah, its the remastered collection.

You know, it really says something that Arvo, Jane, and Bonnie look far paler than already were.

I earnestly hope this is just the hardware the Uploader used to run this.

Is this from the remaster? The animation looks alot more smooth than I remember. And the shading... In that case, I wouldn't expect anything less from them.

• Sorry this took so long to be posted.

what [crucial] information about the characters involved is given that and what is the relevance to what actually happens within the episode?
    ...None to the both questions.

Exactly.

Generally speaking, Divided We Fall's flashback establishes that Kate started developing feelings for Javier because his easygoing attitude borne from the freedom involved with being able to travel and indulge was tempting compared to having to deal with David's intolerant fundamentalism. This, in turn, sets up a so-called "love triangle" between the three when David returns at the end of the episode.

Do you see any problem involved with that?

Yes, because that "love triangle" pretty much became the centre of the story WHEN we are supposed to be focusing on more important stuff!!

Did it? Cause I was always under the understanding that a love triangle involves tense interactions between two people and their love interest. And a moment in Episode 3 aside, you’d be forgiven for assuming David only cares about Kate because of the bonds of marriage. Not to mention that the tension is really just David being thickheaded and Javier and Kate being afraid of him.

Like - who is Javier really and what has he been through, Clementine and Ava's history, where is AJ, why did Clementine not trust Eleanor, how did the Prescott trio form, why did Tripp kill people in the first years of the apocalypse, who was Max before the apocalypse and how did he end up in TNF, where is Max, our group's backstories, why did Kate marry David - these things.

Yeah, I know. Season 2 wasn’t much better about this either, but you’d think ANF’s more streamlined storytelling would’ve fixed that problem.

Also
    Divided We Fall
    I see what you did there.

:grin:

Well, I liked that we got to see the father alive. I like him. He never implied that he and Hector don't get along.

Huh. I could've sworn he implied that while talking about David and Javier's births, but I think you're right. My bad.

That sounds about right. She was clearly intended to be a main character in her right, even being on the cover of the damn game.
    She looks pretty cool on it, not gonna lie. Looks kinda different on it, but it's probably just the hair.

It is.
    enter image description here

Yeah, no kidding. While Gabe definitely had seeds being planted while biding his time, Kate was easily my favorite new character in Part 1 primarily because there seemed to be a lot of breadth to her character.
    Mine were Eleanor and Max. I liked Javier, too. Kate was also kinda cool in Part 1.

Oh yeah, Max was the closest to a second at the time for me as well.
    Meanwhile, Eleanor is one of those characters I want to like more than I actually do and Javier is okay start to finish.

I remember being slightly annoyed at Gabe at first, but it passed quickly and started liking him.

I remember back when people were complaining about him so much in Part 1 by itself and just kinda scratched my head considering one could almost forget about him outside of the first few scenes.

I feel like that in Part 1 everyone was in character. And then the future episodes came out and they felt different. I don't know if this makes sense.
    It seems like special plotlines were planned for all the characters - males and females.

It does. And it's the first episode: it's job is to establish who the main characters are and set up what the main plot will involve. The later episodes were clearly written and directed with significantly differing staff members and/or objectives than what is originally intended.

But they never came true. I wonder what Brad Kane had planned for A New Frontier/Season 3...

Was he the person in charge of coming up with the premise and initial story?

Huh. That's an interesting conclusion to come up with so early, considering the commonality involved in what we got among each of them. How did you reach it?
    It's just a theory I came up with in February I think. I don't remember how, though. >Probably because Clementine was wearing Kate's shirt(from the cover) on her waist in the promotional pictures... It's dumb, anyway.

...Was she? :open_mouth:

They should have had interactions, though. More than the off-screen talk about Clementine's womanly problem.

Oh yeah, that did happen. :lol: "Oh shit, I'm stuck!"

But yeah, that's something I wouldn't have minded seeing.

Hey, Lilly and Jane are nothing alike and shouldn't even be compared. Lilly is much better, you hear me?

Unfortunately, they definitely have been after No Going Back. In fact, there was a recent thread along that line.

HOW?

Essentially, a brain-fart/logic-fail that lasted a good couple of minutes. :lol:
    Remember that by the time we first got the game's cover art, the only news and information we had to go on was the E3 teaser of the original premise and an Amazon description implying a revenge story on Clementine's end.
    So when I saw Kate with this calm "we mean business" type pose as the third largest of the four living characters on the cover, I just assumed it was Jane after having grown her hair a bit.

Our hero. He needed to be more active as a character.

Active in what sense(s) exactly?

The one time he had to be angry and he wasn't. Disappointment.

You can never rely people when you actually need em, no? :lol:

Also, why didn't Dr Lingard's vote count? He voted for Javier and the group to stay. At least, Eleanor got to stay safe and sound.

Ch'yeah, I know, right?! :joy:
    The only logical explanation I can come up with is that David being kicked off the Council meant it was 2 against 1 on the matter.

I am glad that they gave more to his character, too.

I'm glad they made him a fresher character than the one his model was designed for likely would've been.

That's true. However, Gabe's development was rushed.

Yeah. Then again, what isn't these days?

His change of heart about David happened too fast, in my opinion, after putting him on a pedestal for almost the entire game(four episodes) and doing everything--even risking his life to save him.
    Gabe realized just now that he was too good for this.

If you mean him finally having to deal with what a petty, violent jackass his dad is, I'd say that was apppropriately timed.
    What wasn't paced well was him pretending to decide to leave with him. While it speaks for just how far he'd come since Part 1, I just don't really see where he would've decided that that was necessary to make the family ultimately stick together.

Conrad deserved more focus, too. What made him interesting is that he was anti-Clementine and wanted us to betray her. I did so, lol. I expected to see more of him in the future... but it seems that our hopes are too good for this game... Anyway, Conrad is one of my favourite characters.

Yeah, while I definitely appreciate his self-reflection, I remember being really hype for what kind of developments and scenes would transpire with him still in the group as the TEK and with the exposed ANF!Clementine's history with the New Frontier being revealed.

Mhm, the 4th episode being dedicated on saving him and we don't really get a choice -- we HAVE TO save him. We don't get a choice [Listen to Kate and get the fuck out] or [Trust Eleanor and let her talk to Joan/go with her to Joan] and that's lame.

Yeah, I did eventually notice that.
    Which speaks for how I saw David throughout most of the game: a character that was inherently necessary to have the other Garcia's character arcs make sense, but otherwise not really worth caring too much about.

The 5th is about the bromance - but it was an abusive relationship. David always blamed him for everything, attacked him, took his anger out on him. Even in the 1st episode he said "I am not giving you shit, okay?" when they were talking on the phone aaaand he did just that - gave him shit and punched him. He fights us even when we side with him on everything, tctc.

Self explanatory.

what [crucial] information about the characters involved is given that and what is the relevance to what actually happens within the episode

Sign in to comment in this discussion.