Life Is Strange - True Colors Out Now, Bonus Episode "Wavelengths" September 30th

Comments

• it's a better ending for the fans than episode 3

I guess you can say that.

citadel dlc which was pure fan service and everyone loved it so fan service

There weren't any questionable plot points that you wanted to be answered in the DLC, is it?

iFoRias posted: »

I think it's okay this was pure fan service and it's a better ending for the fans than episode 3,and i think you just hate the game complete

• Yeah i still wanted to know a lot of things but the damage is already done so i guess they did that last episode for the fans of Chloe and Max we'll never see them again.

AronDracula posted: »

it's a better ending for the fans than episode 3 I guess you can say that. citadel dlc which was pure fan service and everyone

• There is a few determinant things to do in "Farewell".

-You can fully learn about Chloe's situation at Blackwell with Marisa Rogers after looking at the acceptance letter, trying to save Chloe's favorite hoodie, reading the email in the parents' bedroom and then listening to the voicemail in the living room.

-In the attic, after pulling the dresser out of the way, you can find Long Max Silver's pirate gear and wear it.

-You can place a flower on Bongo's grave in the backyard after looking at it and then picking a flower from the tire garden. If you do, Chloe's scratch art picture will show Max hugging Bongo. If you don't, then the picture will be Chloe giving Max a tattoo, which she says would be a heart with her initials.

-While looking through the time capsule stuff, you can tidy up in the kitchen and put all the dishes away.

-There are five photos to take while going on this pirate adventure.

• edited March 2018

I bawled my eyes out, now I feel empty inside.

• Just got done playing the episode. Let me just say, that was fucked up. Poor Chloe.

• LiS 2 has been in development since early 2016.

AChicken posted: »

Started Episode 3 recently. Can't wait to see how this all ends. I don't even know how, where, or when it'll end... The story and conflict a

• I played the episode and when Chloe said "I don't know, they (her parents) should be home by now" I knew that was the day of her dad's death. I felt so sad.

• Just finished Farewell. It was a pretty good episode. Max and Chloe playing pirate together one last time was great and funny. The ending was so sad. And that Max had to leave right away was messed up.

It's crazy that the Season 1 storyline is over now. We'll probably never get to see Max, Chloe, and Arcadia Bay again. The episode's title, Farewell, is not only about Max leaving Chloe, but also a goodbye from the developers to Season 1 and its world...

• edited March 2018

Hannah Telle, the voice of Max Caulfield, sings a "Farewell" inspired song.

• Happy birthday to the hella hardcore rebel, Chloe Price.

• I just finished playing through the game and I never felt so downbeat for making a choice in a game. I started tearing up as I made the choice. This is one of the greatest stories in a video game. This felt like a well realized world and I ended up loving spending the time with max and chloe. The characters were engaging and they were deeper as it progressed.

• This is a good edit

• I dont't know if this is weird or not but I find myself dwelling on the game over and over. It makes me think of my own friendships long past. It feels like I really experienced the game while playing it, not sure how to explain it but the game moved me in ways that I never really felt while playing one or after.

I love RPG games loved season one of the walking dead but I never really dwell on them after. I really came to care about max and seeing the game through her eyes. I didn't care for chloe at tirst but I grew to live the character and really felt a genuine friendship between the two, it felt real. I find myself thinking about that and I felt real remorse.

• Don't worry, it's not weird. I totally felt the same way after playing LiS back in 2015 and still do now. Life is Strange has a sentimental, immersive quality to it that's rare to find in games. I think it all has to do with the depth of Max and Chloe's friendship. It's a friendship that probably everyone can relate to or would like to have. And the indie music and peaceful atmosphere just adds to the experience. The developers, DONTNOD, really did create something special.

Acehunter posted: »

I dont't know if this is weird or not but I find myself dwelling on the game over and over. It makes me think of my own friendships long pa

• edited March 2018

DeckNine made Before The Storm not DONTNOD.
    But if you're talking about the first game then yeah it's DONTNOD.

Don't worry, it's not weird. I totally felt the same way after playing LiS back in 2015 and still do now. Life is Strange has a sentimental,

• Haha, yeah, I was talking about the first game and the world DONTNOD created.

DeckNine made Before The Storm not DONTNOD. But if you're talking about the first game then yeah it's DONTNOD.

• Looks like LiS is getting its own comic miniseries:
    https://www.gamespot.com/articles/life-is-strange-comic-series-announced/1100-6457809/

"Launching with a four-part miniseries in 2018, Titan Comics' Life Is Strange returns readers to the setting of Arcadia Bay, offering fans the opportunity to dive back into the story of its beloved characters,"
    In addition to Life Is Strange, Titan has published comics based on Assassin's Creed Origins, Wolfenstein II, and Bloodborne. Most recently, Titan released a comic inspired by Sea of Thieves, and one based on Dark Souls is slated to debut in May ahead of the game's Remastered edition.

• First TV adaptation and now the comics too?

In addition to Life Is Strange, Titan has published comics based on Assassin's Creed Origins, Wolfenstein II, and Bloodborne. Most recently, Titan released a comic inspired by Sea of Thieves, and one based on Dark Souls is slated to debut in May ahead of the game's Remastered edition.

Wait, there is a comic book based on Bloodborne?

MichaelBP posted: »

Looks like LiS is getting its own comic miniseries: https://www.gamespot.com/articles/life-is-strange-comic-series-announced/1100-6457809/

• Yup. At least this comic miniseries is bound to come out. Not sure about the live action series. Last time there was any official news was back in 2016.

There should ve 2 issues out online currently, they should be pretty easy to find online.

AronDracula posted: »

First TV adaptation and now the comics too? In addition to Life Is Strange, Titan has published comics based on Assassin's Creed Origi

• I'm currently reading Jordan Peterson's new book "12 Rules For Life: An Antidote for Chaos." Peterson is a clinical psychologist and professor at the University of Toronto. One of the rules in the book is "Make friends with people who want the best for you," and in it there is a section called "Rescuing the Damned." Just pulling some select passages from the reading:

But not everyone who is falling is a victim, and not everyone at the bottom wishes to rise, although many do and many manage it. Nonetheless, people will often accept or even amplify their own suffering, as well as that of others, if they can brandish it as evidence of the world's injustice.

It's the easiest path to choose, moment to moment, although it's nothing but hell in the long run.

Are you so sure the person crying out to be saved has not decided a thousand times to accept his lot of pointless and worsening suffering, simply because it is easier than shouldering any true responsibility? Are you enabling a delusion? Is it possible that your contempt would be more salutary than your pity?

You're associating with people who are bad for you not because it's better for anyone, but because it's easier. You know it. You're friends know it. You're all bound by an implicit contract - one aimed at nihilism, and failure, and suffering of the stupidest sort. You've all decided to sacrifice the future to the present.

Before you help someone, you should find out why that person is in trouble. You shouldn't merely assume that he or she is a noble victim of unjust circumstances and exploitation.

If you buy the story that everything terrible just happened on its own, with no personal responsibility on the part of the victim, you deny that person all agency in the past (and, by implication, in the present and future, as well). In this manner, you strip him or her of all power.

It is far more likely that a given individual has just decided to reject the path upward because of its difficulty.

Maybe your misery is the weapon you brandish in your hatred for those who rose upward while you waited and sank. Maybe your misery is your attempt to prove the world's injustice, instead of the evidence of your own sin, your own missing of the mark, your conscious refusal to strive and to live. Maybe your willingness to suffer in failure is inexhaustible, gives what you use that suffering to prove. Maybe it's your revenge on Being. How exactly should I befriend you when you're in such a place?

If I stay in an unhealthy relationship with you, perhaps its because I'm too weak willed and indecisive to leave, but I don't want to know it. Thus, I continue helping you, and console myself with my pointless martyrdom.

If you surround yourself with people who support your upward aim, they will not tolerate your cynicism and destructiveness.

Reading some of these, I'm sorry, I can't help but think of Max, Chloe, and their relationship.

• So back in March we got an announcement that Titan Comics would be releasing a comic series based on Life Is Strange later this year. No other details about the comics were announced, other than that they would take place in Arcadia Bay.

However, now, leaked product listings for a collected edition of the comics on websites such as Amazon and Barnes & Noble, reveal what appear to be the first details of the series:

A thrilling, time-twisting game-changer; an unexpected, emotional rollercoaster ride!
    A brand new comics story in the beloved Life Is Strange universe - following Max and Chloe into a bold potential future!

In the videogame Life Is Strange, aspiring photographer Max Caulfield returned to her hometown of Arcadia Bay in order to attend the prestigious Blackwell Academy.
    There, in response to a shocking and violent event, Max developed superhuman time travelling powers.
    Powers that brought her back into contact with her former best friend, Chloe Price.
    Powers that thrust her into conflict with all manner of threats - personal, parental, and supernatural.
    Powers that led to a final, fatal decision with epic consequences - an impossible hurricane that swept into the Bay, as Max's temporal tinkering with cause and effect bore deadly fruit!

Following on from one of two possible endings of the game, Life Is Strange: Dust takes the saga of Max and Chloe into a new and uncertain future, in an all-new comic strip adventure.

No matter which ending you chose, this deep dive into Max and Chloe's potential future will thrill, shock, and surprise you all over again.

You thought Max and Chloe's story was over? Their trials are only beginning!

And in the end, dust will be all that remains...

So it seems like the comic series will take place following the"Sacrifice Arcadia Bay" Ending. Maybe. Take this information with a grain of salt.

https://www.amazon.com/Life-Strange-Collection-Emma-Vieceli/dp/1785866451/ref=sr_1_12?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1525222462&sr=1-12

https://www.barnesandnoble.com/w/life-is-strange-collection-emma-vieceli/1128234547;jsessionid=50F578E03C0D6F75DEAB416CCA504B0E.prodny_store02-atgap10?ean=9781785866456&pcta=n&st=AFF&2sid=Price Network Incorporated_4005042_NA&sourceId=AFFPrice Network Incorporated

• So i know a lot of people are gonna be upset (if that's true) but i think that's actually a great idea,the "sacrifice Arcadia Bay" ending was really rushed in the game (for budget issues probably).
    So yeah i hope it's gonna be good.

So back in March we got an announcement that Titan Comics would be releasing a comic series based on Life Is Strange later this year. No oth

• I was thinking the same thing. This gives them a chance to expand on that ending, seeing as it really needed it compared to the"Sacrifice Chloe" one which ultimately had a better closure, even it hurt me right in the feels in the one playthrough I chose it. Of course this all depends on the leaked info here being legit.
    Here's hoping this will be a good little comic series regardless.

So i know a lot of people are gonna be upset (if that's true) but i think that's actually a great idea,the "sacrifice Arcadia Bay" ending was really rushed in the game (for budget issues probably). So yeah i hope it's gonna be good.

• Dontnod revealed some time ago that they have a 3rd unannounced game in development alongside Life is Strange Season 2 and the game they're working on with Bandai Namco, along with two other games that are still in the concept phase.
    And the graphic they put up would at least imply that Life is Strange Season 2 Episode 1 will come out some time this year, so we'll probably get an E3 reveal, much like Before the Storm at last year's E3. Hoping we might also get some info on the Bandai Namco game at E3 or Gamescom.

• So a Life is Strange Comic Book 4 parter is coming this year from Titan comics and follows the aftermath of S1....some speculation that it goes with the sacrifice Arcadia Bay...and that Max will attempt to go back and fix it...the whole collection is called Life is Strange: Dust The listing since edited down ended with these words....In the end..all that is left is Dust. And it does seem that S2 will be at E3...Look for an Aug or Sept release of Ep 1.

• Yep, that's what the leaked listing would suggest. I personally think it's a good idea, since between the two endings, the Sacrifice Arcadia Bay ending felt more lacking and rushed compared to the Sacrifice Chloe ending, so this would be an opportunity for them to expand on it.
    Maybe LiS2 will be revealed at one of the press conferences, like how Before the Storm was officially revealed (since it had already been leaked at the time) at Microsoft's conference. Perhaps it'll show up at the Square Enix one, on the 11th, considering they're the ones who own the IP.

So a Life is Strange Comic Book 4 parter is coming this year from Titan comics and follows the aftermath of S1....some speculation that it g

• Just wanted to say:

Life is Strange is love.

Life is Strange is life.

Can't wait for S2 <3

• edited May 2018

Soon... Hopefully! E3 is just a couple of weeks away now, and from some tweets I've seen from team members like the producer, throughout the year, they didn't seem shy about teasing that they're working hard on it and are cooking someone up. And it seems like a reasonable amount of time between the end of LiS1 and a reveal for 2, since its production supposedly started back in early 2016, so that's already 2 years of development for it (plus Vampyr is out next month too).
    I'm all in day 1. Or maybe day 0, if pre-ordering counts as that :smiley:

Salvy posted: »

Just wanted to say: Life is Strange is love. Life is Strange is life. Can't wait for S2

• Me too, don’t really get why people hate season one, I mean it’s not perfect but nothing ever is.

Just wanted to say: Life is Strange is love. Life is Strange is life. Can't wait for S2

• That's because people always have to find smthg to complain about, it's in our nature. Sure it's not a perfect game, and has clearly some moments that could be used better, but tbh I found it as one of the best videogame experiences in my life, and Chloe kinda changed me.

You know, when you play games like LiS or TWD or any other Graphic Adventure, you don't really focus on gameplay and on "try to find some weakness on the game", you just play it and enjoy as much as you can, without caring about other people opinions but just what the game gives to you. If you really can't play these kind of games where lore and characters ARE the game, then it's just not for you and you can't judge it in every way.

Umbassabro posted: »

Me too, don’t really get why people hate season one, I mean it’s not perfect but nothing ever is.

• I hope so... they didn't released anything about it yet, E3 could be a good moment, even because I don't think they could have other things to present, since Vampyr comes out the 5th of June

Soon... Hopefully! E3 is just a couple of weeks away now, and from some tweets I've seen from team members like the producer, throughout the

• Here's hoping, it seems like a good time to reveal it, since as you said Vampyr will be out on the 5th, and Before the Storm was revealed at the MS conference last year, so either there, the Sony one or maybe SE's own.
    And about Vampyr, it seems like it has at least one Life Is Strange easter egg, based on the trophies and I think what the devs showed during a recent stream.

I hope so... they didn't released anything about it yet, E3 could be a good moment, even because I don't think they could have other things to present, since Vampyr comes out the 5th of June

• Oh god!
    Okay DONTNOD, you convinced me... I will buy Vampyr just for the sake of doing that achievement. It'll be hella worth the money!!

Here's hoping, it seems like a good time to reveal it, since as you said Vampyr will be out on the 5th, and Before the Storm was revealed at

• Dontnod's master plan all along, they're sure this would be enough to get us Life Is Strange fans onboard. They need

I was going to buy it regardless since the atmosphere really looks on point and to support Dontnod. Atmosphere and the general art direction and environment design is something they really nailed in both LiS and Remember Me imo, and Vampyr looks to continue that.

Oh god! Okay DONTNOD, you convinced me... I will buy Vampyr just for the sake of doing that achievement. It'll be hella worth the money!!

• Combat System and atmosphere is actually very similar to TW3 as I saw on a video, and TW3 is one of my most fav RPGs so I'm all in.
    Plus... I need this on my keyboard...

Dontnod's master plan all along, they're sure this would be enough to get us Life Is Strange fans onboard. They need I was going to buy i

• Hopefully it'll be fun to play. At least I still enjoyed RM's combat enough for the most part, in spite of some clunkiness, and Vampyr's looks better than that. No kill runs should be interesting!

Hella should be in as some kind of easter egg, even something like the initials of an npc's full name spelling hella.

Combat System and atmosphere is actually very similar to TW3 as I saw on a video, and TW3 is one of my most fav RPGs so I'm all in. Plus... I need this on my keyboard...

• You're hella right! I'm hella convinced that Vampyr is going to be hella good, and I can't hella wait to play it!

Hopefully it'll be fun to play. At least I still enjoyed RM's combat enough for the most part, in spite of some clunkiness, and Vampyr's loo

Sign in to comment in this discussion.