The Thread of general TWD-related questions

Comments

• Clementine probably had second thoughts once she actually saw the stranger in person, but by that point she was already outside by herself so he probably just grabbed her and ran away.

Louche posted: »

Do you have any proof of that? Why would the other walkie talkie get left on the ground? Also Clem dropping her hat and not picking it up seems extremely unlikely since it's her dad's

• It feels confusingly written to me. They could have had it so kenny and the others were already out looking for clem because they heard a noise or something, but instead they're just inexplicably outside for some reason.

Clementine probably had second thoughts once she actually saw the stranger in person, but by that point she was already outside by herself so he probably just grabbed her and ran away.

• What do you think the questions Fern asked the group were/involved?

• What do you think Huh-Chick's name was?

If Eli had a sister, what would her name be?

What do you think Shades-Chick's name is?

• She probably asked them if they had encountered walkers recently and whether any of them were bitten. The quarantine seemed designed to make sure they weren't infected as opposed to vetting them for the community, which seemed to be the 4 leaders job.

DabigRG posted: »

What do you think the questions Fern asked the group were/involved?

• That is indeed a good question.

She probably asked them if they had encountered walkers recently and whether any of them were bitten. The quarantine seemed designed to make

• Do Christa and Omid ever find out about Lee's Past?

• Would you say the extensive last minute rewrites of episodes are a good thing or bad thing and do you think it will occur in TFS?

• Bad thing, as what we got from the rewrites of A New Frontier. Look how that turned out like.

Clemenem posted: »

Would you say the extensive last minute rewrites of episodes are a good thing or bad thing and do you think it will occur in TFS?

• Depends on whether the rewrite improves the original concept or alters it entirely. Ideas need time to truly flourish and if you're constantly scrapping those ideas right up to the last minute before the deadline you're most likely going to present something half baked in some way. Expanding an idea can definitely be beneficial but it depends on where exactly the creator decides to go with it.

I'd like to think Telltale is aware of the faults in A New Frontier and are working on avoiding them in The Final Season. Not sure if that means they'll tone it down on the rewrites but I do hope so if it means a higher quality Final Season.

Would you say the extensive last minute rewrites of episodes are a good thing or bad thing and do you think it will occur in TFS?

• Are Howe's Hardware and Wellington in Part 1 ripped straight out of Season 2?

• edited April 2018

Amid the Ruins should be more than enough to answer the first half of your question. As for the second...

• One of the first things you can say to Omid is that you were on your way to prison.
    He says, "sick, got any prison tats?"

Do Christa and Omid ever find out about Lee's Past?

• Okay, just checking.

One of the first things you can say to Omid is that you were on your way to prison. He says, "sick, got any prison tats?"

• In the stay with Kenny ending, do you think they had any interactions with other people while living out in the woods?

• Ah, look at that render of kate? Without the ugly filter?
    Looks pretty nice doesn't it.

Sorry this took so long to be posted. what [crucial] information about the characters involved is given that and what is the relevance

• I think it's a mix of two things, remastering messing up the textures and the uploader has the video's gamma/brightness over-exposed

Why do the textures look cloudy as shit here?

• Dangit, I was waiting on it. Yes, yes it does. :lol:

Ah, look at that render of kate? Without the ugly filter? Looks pretty nice doesn't it.

• Should we bring back the Photoshop thread?

• If the Michonne DLC was an origin/inroduction story for Javier(as it was apparently planned), would have the reaction towards him in Season 3 been more positive?

• Probably so. Though I suppose part of that would also depend on how the miniseries itself was generally received.

Fangirl101 posted: »

If the Michonne DLC was an origin/inroduction story for Javier(as it was apparently planned), would have the reaction towards him in Season 3 been more positive?

• Most likely. It’s probably just people looking for some food or a place to stay. Knowing Kenny, he probably sent them away.

In the stay with Kenny ending, do you think they had any interactions with other people while living out in the woods?

• Tbf in the second flashback he says that he could use the company of another group

MRSHYGUY45 posted: »

Most likely. It’s probably just people looking for some food or a place to stay. Knowing Kenny, he probably sent them away.

• Yeah, you are right.
    It was supposed to be about him running from TNF/The Marauders, so that means the organisation was supposed to introduced then and the main theme was Slavery.
    I have a feeling that originally Javier was a prisoner and branded by force.
    This sounds much more engaging than what we got.. There was most likely more to his character, too.
    Dammit, Javier! What a character you could have been! [clutches a tissue box]

Probably so. Though I suppose part of that would also depend on how the miniseries itself was generally received.

• If my source is correct then Javier and Clementine were going to team up to rescue Kate, Eleanor, AJ, and whoever Clem stayed with at the end of s2. There were different factions you could appeal to for help, and siding would one would make the other one hostile. The episode 4 twist was Clementine finding out that Javier's story was a lie, that he was actually the leader of TNF and Kate and Eleanor were actually his prisoners. The finale was going to be Clementine going after him.

Yeah, you are right. It was supposed to be about him running from TNF/The Marauders, so that means the organisation was supposed to introd

• If my source is correct then Javier and Clementine were going to team up to rescue Kate, Eleanor, AJ, and whoever Clem stayed with at the end of s2.

Actually, it was Gabe, David, and Mariana. At least initially.

There were different factions you could appeal to for help, and siding would one would make the other one hostile.

That sounds really interesting. Why did they fail to actually do anything like this?

The episode 4 twist was Clementine finding out that Javier's story was a lie, that he was actually the leader of TNF and Kate and Eleanor were actually his prisoners. The finale was going to be Clementine going after him.

Where in the world did you here THAT?

If my source is correct then Javier and Clementine were going to team up to rescue Kate, Eleanor, AJ, and whoever Clem stayed with at the en

• Well like I said I have no idea if the source is correct, but from what they said it was Kate and Eleanor who were prisoners and David/Gabe/Mariana weren't mentioned. And supposedly after you sided with certain factions there were missions to steal/intercept firearms and such for your rescue mission.

If my source is correct then Javier and Clementine were going to team up to rescue Kate, Eleanor, AJ, and whoever Clem stayed with at the en

• Huh. What's extra weird about that is that Kate was a significantly different character at first. So on the off chance that has any truth, that'd be a really odd mythology gag.

Well like I said I have no idea if the source is correct, but from what they said it was Kate and Eleanor who were prisoners and David/Gabe/

• I think the problem with Javier is that he was planned to be the good boy in any situation, which ended up with an ambiguous character without salt. In fact, if he had been introduced in some way to Michone, it would have been another prospect for his development.

Yeah, you are right. It was supposed to be about him running from TNF/The Marauders, so that means the organisation was supposed to introd

• an ambiguous character without salt.

"Without salt?"

You know that's not true. :p

Firefox1972 posted: »

I think the problem with Javier is that he was planned to be the good boy in any situation, which ended up with an ambiguous character witho

• Putting on a avatar of a character you dislike? Hmmm.. :confused:

an ambiguous character without salt. "Without salt?" You know that's not true.

• edited April 2018

It wouldn't be the first time.

enter image description here enter image description here enter image description here enter image description here enter image description here enter image description here
    I legitimately like the middle one, tho

Also, how did you know that was her? :lol:

Putting on a avatar of a character you dislike? Hmmm..

• I have a feeling that he was an anti-hero sort of character in the original. It would have been great of he differed from the traditional hero, yes. @Deltino had a theory about Javier and David being the same character before they were separated in two characters. I imagine Javier having some of David's characteristics, but I can't see him being as aggressive as him.

Firefox1972 posted: »

I think the problem with Javier is that he was planned to be the good boy in any situation, which ended up with an ambiguous character witho

• Yeah, that was my thought as well. Possibly thanks to gaslighting from people demonizing him off the bat because he hands Clementine ammo with an interesting expression.

I have a feeling that he was an anti-hero sort of character in the original. It would have been great of he differed from the traditional he

• Because I know this fanart. I remember you making fun of it. Aaand reposted it in the meme thread. :unamused:

The memorial picture of Gabe and Mariana is great.

It wouldn't be the first time. I legitimately like the middle one, tho Also, how did you know that was her?

• Because I know this fanart. I remember you making fun of it. Aaand reposted it in the meme thread. :unamused:

What can I say? It looks NOTHING like Mariana. :joy:

The memorial picture of Gabe and Mariana is great.

And adorable.

Because I know this fanart. I remember you making fun of it. Aaand reposted it in the meme thread. The memorial picture of Gabe and Mariana is great.

• Well, the artist said that her and Gabe are older on the fanart. It didn't give you the right to post it in the meme thread. Way to respect someone's art skills. :unamused:
    Jerk.

And adorable.

At least you admit it.

Because I know this fanart. I remember you making fun of it. Aaand reposted it in the meme thread. What can I say? It looks NOTHING like Mariana. The memorial picture of Gabe and Mariana is great. And adorable.

• edited April 2018

Well, the artist said that her and Gabe are older on the fanart.

I get that...but she just looks like Mari:Jack&Jill Edition.

It didn't give you the right to post it in the meme thread. Way to respect someone's art skills. :unamused:

Yeah...Yeah.Perhaps the joke/humor wasn't really worth it there.
    :frowning: I hope I didn't hurt their feelings.

Well, the artist said that her and Gabe are older on the fanart. It didn't give you the right to post it in the meme thread. Way to respect someone's art skills. Jerk. And adorable. At least you admit it.

• Here's a question I've thinking about for a while: If 2+ characters with the same font color between installments/seasons were to appear together, how would their colors change/mix to accommodate each other?

Sign in to comment in this discussion.