The Thread of general TWD-related questions

Comments

• They could have had max accidentally kill mariana, and feel really guilty for it. That could give him tons of character potential later on.

Fangirl101 posted: »

As for another character killing her, I kinda get the feeling they may have considered Max briefly This is what I was thinking while

• lawdy I miss the old art style.

I do too.

I tend to forget that Michonne had a good version of it.

What's that supposed to mean?

Louche posted: »

lawdy I miss the old art style. I tend to forget that Michonne had a good version of it.

• That kinda raises the question of why the hell he'd be , tho.

With that said, I kinda imagined the original, apparently fully animated death scene for her was caused by Javier tussling with Lonnie.

and feel really guilty for it. That could give him tons of character potential later on.

I kinda got something already matriculating with that. Stay tuned...

They could have had max accidentally kill mariana, and feel really guilty for it. That could give him tons of character potential later on.

• edited April 2018

I'm no writer, but you could come up with some scenarios that make sense. Whereas Badger was clearly hiding in that bush, saw the little girl and was like "ha! this is going to be sweet! can't wait to see the looks on their faces!"

With that said, I kinda imagined the original, apparently fully animated death scene for her was caused by Javier tussling with Lonnie.

Oh, I like that. More bitter punished Javier. You're referring to her being shot in the neck?
    Also I find it weird that the dialogue in the game kinda makes it sound Javier was supposed to kill Lonnie in the junkyard.

DabigRG posted: »

That kinda raises the question of why the hell he'd be , tho. With that said, I kinda imagined the original, apparently fully animated de

• edited April 2018

Just that each season, they were subtly enhancing and and improving it, (michonne had her moving dreadlocks) until they suddenly took a flying leap with ANF's art style. (and that ugly filter didn't help as we know)

I get that they wanted to make it look grittier and more realistic, but that style was iconic to me. I suppose they might have assumed changing the art style would reach a wider audience. (for some people probably thought season 1 looked too cartoony)

lawdy I miss the old art style. I do too. I tend to forget that Michonne had a good version of it. What's that supposed to mean?

• Oh shit, I forgot to finish that first sentence! :confounded:

I'm no writer, but you could come up with some scenarios that make sense.

I suppose.

Whereas Badger was clearly hiding in that bush, saw the little girl and was like "ha! this is going to be sweet! can't wait to see the looks on their faces!"

To be fair, I was under the impression that was his own little sting operation that Mariana was so "helpful" in kicking off with a pop.

Oh, I like that. More bitter punished Javier. You're referring to her being shot in the neck?

Also I find it weird that the dialogue in the game kinda makes it sound Javier was supposed to kill Lonnie in the junkyard.

(U serious?)...I honestly forgot about that for a second.
    Nah, I'm talkin bout what was referenced in one of the AMAs.

That's because he was: he could end up shooting Lonnie in either the ear or the neck, depending on the QTE.

I'm no writer, but you could come up with some scenarios that make sense. Whereas Badger was clearly hiding in that bush, saw the little gir

• edited April 2018

To be fair, I was under the impression that was his own little sting operation that Mariana was so "helpful" in kicking off with a pop.

Did you forget his gloating about shooting her to Max and Lonnie later on?
    "I'd do that little bitch again just to see her head pop"
    I mean, Jesus. I'm not against having such an evil character, but he needed more screentime and some character development at least.

That's because he was: he could end up shooting Lonnie in either the ear or the neck, depending on the QTE.

First I've heard of this.

Nah, I'm talkin bout what was referenced in one of the AMAs.

Wasn't that the same thing? She gets shot in the neck so she reanimates as a walker, and later on Javier has a choice to put her down.

Oh shit, I forgot to finish that first sentence! I'm no writer, but you could come up with some scenarios that make sense. I

• Did you forget his gloating about shooting her to Max and Lonnie later on?

He's a wild dick. Simple as that.

"I'd do that little bitch again just to see her head pop"

...Wait, wut.

mean, Jesus. I'm not against having such an evil character, but he needed more screentime and some character development at least.

Eh, I can take im or leave im, really. Preferably the latter, but hey.
    Still, they did apparently say something about his character changing a lot during development as well, so who knows what that supposedly entailed.

• Just that each season, they were subtly enhancing and and improving it, (michonne had her moving dreadlocks) until they suddenly took a flying leap with ANF's art style. (and that ugly filter didn't help as we know)

Yeah, that's fair enough.

I get that they wanted to make it look grittier and more realistic, but that style was iconic to me. I suppose they might have assumed changing the art style would reach a wider audience.

That's exactly why they did it--to make it look more like every other realistic game out there.
    Too bad they ended up having some awkward wax dummies with questionable detailing/lighting and a dusty ass filter instead.

(for some people probably thought season 1 looked too cartoony)

Really now? I assume that's mostly in reference to Larry and the St. Johns.

Regardless, wooh, them graphics haven't aged too well.

Just that each season, they were subtly enhancing and and improving it, (michonne had her moving dreadlocks) until they suddenly took a flyi

• edited April 2018

Regardless, wooh, them graphics haven't aged too well.

mfw playing season 1 on ps4, and seeing blurry textures on some of their clothes that look like they were printed off a computer :lol:

Still, they hold a charm to them, they don't ruin my enjoyment of season 1 when I replay it. (some of the animations though, ehhhh. I've mentioned before how Kenny's acting is so good that his expressions tend to underplay it)

Really now? I assume that's mostly in reference to Larry and the St. Johns.

Yes definitely, but also Lee and his big emotive eyes. He probably would look much different now in the new art style.

Just that each season, they were subtly enhancing and and improving it, (michonne had her moving dreadlocks) until they suddenly took a flyi

• edited April 2018

...Wait, wut.

That's what he said. When was the last time you played ANF? He's a little more than a "wild dick."
    Then Max tells him he sure is stupid.

Eh, I can take im or leave im, really. Preferably the latter, but hey. Still, they did apparently say something about his character changing a lot during development as well, so who knows what that supposedly entailed.

Right, well I'm not talking about Badger being Rufus. I'm talking about the role that Badger fills (an antagonist that kills a loved one and you have multiple choices of dealing with), maybe Max was in that role at one point.

Did you forget his gloating about shooting her to Max and Lonnie later on? He's a wild dick. Simple as that. "I'd do that litt

• mfw playing season 1 on ps4, and seeing blurry textures on some of their clothes that look like they were printed off a computer :lol:
    (some of the animations though, ehhhh. I've mentioned before how Kenny's acting is so good that his expressions tend to underplay it)

Ch'yeah, pretty much--without the HD. :lol:

Still, they hold a charm to them, they don't ruin my enjoyment of season 1 when I replay it.

True.

Yes definitely, but also Lee and his big emotive eyes.

Oh yeah, the good ol bug eyes.

He probably would look much different now in the new art style.

I remember someone suggesting they just reused Conrad's model if that Season 1 flashback ever got made.

Regardless, wooh, them graphics haven't aged too well. mfw playing season 1 on ps4, and seeing blurry textures on some of their clot

• That's what he said. When was the last time you played ANF? He's a little more than a "wild dick."
    Then Max tells him he sure is stupid.

No, I definitely remember the exchange.
    I just really thought about what that line is saying.

Right, well I'm not talking about Badger being Rufus. I'm talking about the role that Badger fills (an antagonist that kills a loved one and you have multiple choices of dealing with),

I know. I just don't know what else was considere beyond him wearing his
    enter image description here

maybe Max was in that role at one point.

That's my guess as well. Particularly given that one retail trailer.

...Wait, wut. That's what he said. When was the last time you played ANF? He's a little more than a "wild dick." Then Max tells him

• Am I the only one not getting notifications for the Meme thread?

• No you're not,this is happening with the "Whatever's on your mind" thread too.
    I really hope they fix this.

Am I the only one not getting notifications for the Meme thread?

• Actually I'm going to slightly alter my previous response to this question. If you tell off David in the episode 2 flashback, he says that Javi has to move out in 3 days. So either David changes his mind/forgets or the episode 4 and 5 flashbacks are within 3 days of the episode 2 flashback.

When and/or how far apart do the Javier flashbacks take place in relevance to each other?

• Clearly.
    I do like that one meme, now that you mention it. :lol:

Well, we don't see her do so.
    Kate The Drama Queen meme? Yeah, I like it too.

Well, they do have signs of reinforcement and a few bullet holes on the van

Huh, I didn't notice them. Good eye.

and Gabe noticeably carries a holstered gun on him at all times,

I know about this. And apparently he has an axe which he doesn't use. Except for when he was taking out his anger in Episode 2. And on the thumbnail for Episode 1.

so they definitely went through something.

I would like to know what it is.

Same here.

That's nice. Having both Javier and Kate playable would be interesting. Or maybe only Kate.
    Never knew you would want a DLC about Javier and the Garcias.

Kate could handle way worse things than swinging across a helicopter blade. Clearly. I do like that one meme, now that you mention

• Hmm, there was a time when I thought that we would have a Dwight type of character in ANF. I kinda hoped that Badger would feel regret for what he did, but nope. That dickhead even said that he would shoot her again if he could. When he determinately called himself a man(if you let Conrad kill him) I was like: "LOOOL!"
    I really love how Javier hits him with a mug that says "The Coolest Uncle" or something like that.

They could have had max accidentally kill mariana, and feel really guilty for it. That could give him tons of character potential later on.

• ...Wait, wut.

Badger says this about Mariana in Above The Law when you hear him, Max and Lonnie in the garage.

Did you forget his gloating about shooting her to Max and Lonnie later on? He's a wild dick. Simple as that. "I'd do that litt

• Nope. That Whatevers On You Mind thread And the Vent/Help thread are also giving problems. Don' understand ?

Am I the only one not getting notifications for the Meme thread?

• Eh, not really.

Not "really"?! Haha, you gave yourself away!

I don't understand you.
    Sarah going through a trauma is a nono, but when it comes to Mariana going through a trauma - fuck yeah!
    Like, I know you love Sarah and "hate" Mariana, but no one, especially a child, deserves to go through such horrors. Don't get me wrong, I love Sarah a lot, she is my favourite character of Season 2.
    Since you posted a gif of Mariana getting punched by David I am not surprised.

Really? Cause you seem to be a fan of the idea Mariana going through traumas Eh, not really. I was just acknowledging so many people's desire for her to be another Clementine(past Season 1). receiving mental damage. Uh...what?

• What do you think Javi ends up doing if he didn't accept the leadership position in Richmond?

• What are some foods that would be inherently common/reliable after the outbreak?

• edited April 2018

@Zombiekiller3121 Nope. That Whatevers On You Mind thread And the Vent/Help thread are also giving problems. Don' understand ?

Eh, for a certain meaning of "fix."

But knowing that, I wonder if it has something to do with the frequent and large amount of posting that happens there.

iFoRias posted: »

No you're not,this is happening with the "Whatever's on your mind" thread too. I really hope they fix this.

• Hm...interesting.
    I kinda feel like Part 2's flashback would've been after Thicker than Water's and From the Gallows' would've been before all of them.

About a week between episode 2 and episode 4 A day or two between episode 4 and episode 5 Maybe a month between episode 5 and episode 1 3 months between episode 1 and episode 3

• But the thing is, I believe David treats you slightly differently in episode 4 depending on the episode 2 flashback. And in the episode 5 flashback Javi teases David about not being good at baseball which shows it's after episode 4.

Hm...interesting. I kinda feel like Part 2's flashback would've been after Thicker than Water's and From the Gallows' would've been before all of them.

• As in before?

Actually I'm going to slightly alter my previous response to this question. If you tell off David in the episode 2 flashback, he says that

• Wat

As in before?

• Sorry--I was asking if you meant that the last two flashbacks toward before the one in Part 2.

So either David changes his mind/forgets or the episode 4 and 5 flashbacks are within 3 days of the episode 2 flashback.

Wat

• I believe David treats you slightly differently in episode 4 depending on the episode 2 flashback.

Really now? I didn't know. Is it about Kate?

But the thing is, I believe David treats you slightly differently in episode 4 depending on the episode 2 flashback. And in the episode 5 flashback Javi teases David about not being good at baseball which shows it's after episode 4.

• I forgot the details but I'm pretty sure that a line changes depending on if you told him off or let it go. I could be wrong.

And yeah, it goes episode 2, episode 4, and then episode 5

I believe David treats you slightly differently in episode 4 depending on the episode 2 flashback. Really now? I didn't know. Is it about Kate?

• ...That's probably accurate. :grimace:
    Though I honestly had to backtrack to get an idea of what I did this time.

Well, we don't see her do so.

Not much at all, I know, and that sucks.

.Huh, I didn't notice them. Good eye.

Thanks! I totally didn't just mention a detail thread post.

I know about this. And apparently he has an axe which he doesn't use. Except for when he was taking out his anger in Episode 2. And on the thumbnail for Episode 1.

Ya HEAR THAT, TELLTALE--HE HAD AN AXE!

I would like to know what it is.

Yup.

That's nice. Having both Javier and Kate playable would be interesting. Or maybe only Kate.
    Never knew you would want a DLC about Javier and the Garcias.

I'm pretty sure I said it a couple of times in relevant threads. I recall having trouble figuring out if anyone beside Javier would work as a PC.

Clearly. I do like that one meme, now that you mention it. Well, we don't see her do so. Kate The Drama Queen meme? Yeah, I lik

• Hmm, there was a time when I thought that we would have a Dwight type of character in ANF.

In what sense? And do you mean Max or Badger?

I kinda hoped that Badger would feel regret for what he did, but nope.

Well, considering he secretly(?) set up the sting personally and had Roxanne clip Francine...

That dickhead even said that he would shoot her again if he could.

Boy, he sure was stupid, wasn't he?

I really love how Javier hits him with a mug that says "The Coolest Uncle" or something like that.

Ch'yeah.
    Which I remember thinking was actually his from the trailer, believe it or not.

Hmm, there was a time when I thought that we would have a Dwight type of character in ANF. I kinda hoped that Badger would feel regret for w

• I remember the line, I just didn't really think about it.

...Wait, wut. Badger says this about Mariana in Above The Law when you hear him, Max and Lonnie in the garage.

• Not "really"?! Haha, you gave yourself away!

Okay, let me rephrase that: No, I don't like that idea, whether for it's own sake or more importantly in the context of the story.
    Generally speaking, a character experiencing trauma or considerable misfortune should have some sort of point, causality, or relevance within the story.

I don't understand you.

Yeah, welcome to the club, amiga.

Sarah going through a trauma is a nono, but when it comes to Mariana going through a trauma - fuck yeah!

I never said that.

no one, especially a child, deserves to go through such horrors.

Agreed.

Since you posted a gif of Mariana getting punched by David I am not surprised.

That was something from the Screenshot thread that I used to satire the fact that David is abusive to Javier.
    And acknowledge my mixed impression of @RavenSnowstorm 's theory.

Eh, not really. Not "really"?! Haha, you gave yourself away! I don't understand you. Sarah going through a trauma is a nono, but

• What states would you have wanted to see in TWDG?

• States that aren't just countrysides or farmlands yet again.

Clemenem posted: »

What states would you have wanted to see in TWDG?

• Texas.

Clemenem posted: »

What states would you have wanted to see in TWDG?

• So, more woodlands or the dreaded cities people are scared to visit?

States that aren't just countrysides or farmlands yet again.

• edited April 2018

Okay, let me rephrase that: No, I don't like that idea, whether for it's own sake or more importantly in the context of the story.
    Generally speaking, a character experiencing trauma or considerable misfortune should have some sort of point, causality, or relevance within the story.

Ah, I understand and agreed. We should also see how the trauma affects the character.
    Example: Ben seeing what happened to his classmates made him more scared. We actually see how it affected him. I am glad he didn't turn out like Jolene. Poor him. :pensive:
    Example 2: Sarah witnessing her dad's death. Gosh, when she was in the trailer not wanting to leave, traumatized it broke my heart.

Yeah, welcome to the club, amiga.

No thank you, Dabie. I ain't joining this club.
    You speaking Spanish = my skin is clear, my depression is gone~.

That was something from the Screenshot thread that I used to satire the fact that David is abusive to Javier.

I bet he blames him for natural disasters. David's logic: Something happens - it's Javi's fault. :unamused: If he was like that to him when they were kids, I swear...

And acknowledge my mixed impression of @RavenSnowstorm 's theory.

What theory?

Not "really"?! Haha, you gave yourself away! Okay, let me rephrase that: No, I don't like that idea, whether for it's own sake or mo

Sign in to comment in this discussion.