The Thread of general TWD-related questions

Comments

• Might as well re-ask this here where people can actually see this:

How you think Kenny would've fared and/or been received/viewed if the Wellington ending wasn't a thing?

• If I'm not mistaken, Tiny Carlos is the guy that Shel's group holds prisoner and decides whether to kill or not.

DabigRG posted: »

So apparently Tiny Carlos is listed in the credits. Who is the claimed voice actor and what was the character's likely role?

• Why does @DabigRG change his avatar every 17.5 hours?

• That's Roberto.
    Tiny Carlos is just some guy pothead Eddie says not to fuck with.

If I'm not mistaken, Tiny Carlos is the guy that Shel's group holds prisoner and decides whether to kill or not.

• It's a habit I picked up in response to having stored so many of them during the periods where they wouldn't show up due to a caps sensitive email address. Now I just do it for fun.

Why does @DabigRG change his avatar every 17.5 hours?

• I know right?! It makes me dizzy. I miss last year when he would put a good avatar and keep it for months. :(

Why does @DabigRG change his avatar every 17.5 hours?

• I think it's cool,keeps the forums "interesting".

Fangirl101 posted: »

I know right?! It makes me dizzy. I miss last year when he would put a good avatar and keep it for months.

• BUT why is gamora?
    Oh shit sorry wrong reality.

• Where was Joan in Clementine’s Episode 3 flashback?

• Separated from David and Lingard's factions. Apparently with Clint either in tow or off on his own business, as it turns out.

But yeah, I was expecting some significant [back]story reason for why she just happened to not be there during Clementine's time with the New Frontier. Possibly negotiating with other settlements and camps to join her and the Council's cause and maybe even singling out locations to potentially uphold.

Where was Joan in Clementine’s Episode 3 flashback?

• Who was living in New Richmond before the New Frontier took over

• Jeez, it took 36 minutes for the connection to allow me to post?

Anyway, apparently friends of Blasphemous Kung-Fu Hobo Knight'.

Who was living in New Richmond before the New Frontier took over

• Repeats

Pointless question, but does anyone else find yourself namedropping Joan/Jane when you're actually talking about the other?

@MRSHYGUY45 What do you guys think? (This was in the latest issue 175 in TWD comic). https://i.imgur.com/H3dalPH.jpg

When Clementine and Luke are approaching the bridge and have to take out the two walkers, is it possible for Luke to cut down his walker first?

@VengefulKenny In s2e5, Kenny asks Clem what Lee would say. Clem has 3 dialogue options, and then she adds in whatever advice Lee gave her as he was dying.

I was wondering if anyone has researched all of Kenny's reactions to what Clem can say? What choices make him happy and which don't? Also, does Clem's second advice change his reaction at all?

My Clem said "He would tell us not to trust anyone, and to stay away from cities" and Kenny kind of makes a face at her.

Which one/two of the Four/Five Philosophies do you think each character operates by?

• Is it possible to get your [gr]avatar to be transparent?

• edited May 2018

Oops, it's Hershel. I recently checked.

If I recall correctly, it's Glenn.

• Use .png files dude. Make sure that when you get done editing a pic that it both saves and uploads as a .png file

Is it possible to get your [gr]avatar to be transparent?

• edited May 2018

Okay, thanks!

EDIT: Didn't work, lol. :confused:

Use .png files dude. Make sure that when you get done editing a pic that it both saves and uploads as a .png file

• Weird question: does Luke have a special texture for when he determinately drowns?

• Can someone write up quotes for most of Kenny's comments on Wellington?

• Oh yeah, the good ol bug eyes.

Flashbacks to the creepy staring at Carley "bug"

I remember someone suggesting they just reused Conrad's model if that Season 1 flashback ever got made.

What, all black people look the same? Das racist, yo.

True.

I wonder if any textures or animations are improved in the collection? I mean to buy it if it ever goes on sale.

mfw playing season 1 on ps4, and seeing blurry textures on some of their clothes that look like they were printed off a computer (some o

• I just really thought about what that line is saying.

What the heck did you think he was saying?
    Right, well I'm not talking about Badger being Rufus. I'm talking about the role that Badger fills (an antagonist that kills a loved one and you have multiple choices of dealing with),

I know. I just don't know what else was considered beyond him wearing this

and then I'd have to deal with you talking about a "shades dude" all the time as well

That's my guess as well. Particularly given that one retail trailer.

I don't watch the trailers to avoid spoilers, so pls elaborate

That's what he said. When was the last time you played ANF? He's a little more than a "wild dick." Then Max tells him he sure is stupid.

• Flashbacks to the creepy staring at Carley "bug"

enter image description here

What, all black people look the same? Das racist, yo.

I know, right? :joy: :

I wonder if any textures or animations are improved in the collection? I mean to buy it if it ever goes on sale.

Maybe, maybe not.
    Then again, considering Season 2

Louche posted: »

Oh yeah, the good ol bug eyes. Flashbacks to the creepy staring at Carley "bug" I remember someone suggesting they just reused

• What the heck did you think he was saying?

I definitely know what he meant, but--let's just agree that he could've worded that better.

and then I'd have to deal with you talking about a "shades dude" all the time as well

Oh, you mean Coon?
    enter image description here

I don't watch the trailers to avoid spoilers, so pls elaborate

I'd have to track it down, but there was a trailer that started with Javier, Eleanor, and the others being ambushed in the Junkyard(Marianna is not shown, iirc) and Max rather than Badger can be heard in the distance, telling them to come out.

I just really thought about what that line is saying. What the heck did you think he was saying? Right, well I'm not talking about

• edited May 2018

Oh, you mean Coon?

...is that his real name or a name you made for him?

Either way that’s a really bad name for someone.

What the heck did you think he was saying? I definitely know what he meant, but--let's just agree that he could've worded that bette

• ...is that his real name or a name you made for him?

Nah, it's just the nickname I gave him. His real name, Chris, was suggested by Deltino.
    I'm assuming he isn't actually named/titled in the game's file, though I am operating under the assumption that he is Raider 3(Mark Barbolak).

Either way that’s a really bad name for someone.

...The connotation/association is unfortunate, I suppose. But it's actually meant to hint as his allegience.

MRSHYGUY45 posted: »

Oh, you mean Coon? ...is that his real name or a name you made for him? Either way that’s a really bad name for someone.

• If I recall correctly, Deltino said that he looked like a Chris, not that this was his real name.

...is that his real name or a name you made for him? Nah, it's just the nickname I gave him. His real name, Chris, was suggested by

• Oh, well, Alliteration for the win either way.

If I recall correctly, Deltino said that he looked like a Chris, not that this was his real name.

• What?

Oh, well, Alliteration for the win either way.

• Alliteration-the occurrence of the same letter or sound at the beginning of adjacent or closely connected words.

What?

• I was asking about the relevance, but I think I got it.

Alliteration-the occurrence of the same letter or sound at the beginning of adjacent or closely connected words.

• ... I think I know what you were thinking now :flushed:

What the heck did you think he was saying? I definitely know what he meant, but--let's just agree that he could've worded that bette

• Uh, I'm not really sure if anything is improved. I do think it would look better if the brightness was turned down.
    Also, there's a moment that could have had more impact (ha!)
    Kenny elbows Clem right in the nose and it doesn't even leave a mark or a bit of blood.
    That's the closest the game gets to Kenny being physically abusive towards her, unless you count him threatening to slap her for what she can say in the truck.

Flashbacks to the creepy staring at Carley "bug" What, all black people look the same? Das racist, yo. I know, right?

• Were we supposed to like Gabe?

• I do think it would look better if the brightness was turned down.

Uh, maybe. There's this one image with this uncanny valley background effect in the Self-take Images thread, if that counts.

Also, there's a moment that could have had more impact (ha!)
    Kenny elbows Clem right in the nose and it doesn't even leave a mark or a bit of blood.

Yeah, I noticed that.
    Honestly, it barely looks like he bumped her.

That's the closest the game gets to Kenny being physically abusive towards her, unless you count him threatening to slap her for what she can say in the truck.

Which I consider worse, honestly.

Uh, I'm not really sure if anything is improved. I do think it would look better if the brightness was turned down. Also, there's a moment

• :grimace:...

... I think I know what you were thinking now

• I was honestly not gonna say anything tonight, but what the hell.

Were we supposed to like Gabe?

In the first three episodes, yes, to some degree.
    The team that took over Thicker than Water seemed to both have other ideas/priorities in mind and be more than a little "confused" in working.
    Meanwhile, From the Gallows was rushed out the gate in general, so no comment there.:expressionless:

Clemenem posted: »

Were we supposed to like Gabe?

• edited May 2018

I do wonder if they thought about making him overtly abusive to her at some point in the writing phase.
    remember, he pretty much implies his dad beat him.

anyway, I was looking at some more of the walking dead collection, and I kinda like the way it looks. Colors pop a little more, textures aren't so blurry. Some of the lighting effects are neat, like with Kenny and Lee's fight on the train, looks a lot more dramatic.
    But I've also heard about glitches, and things (like violence and combat options) being removed so I'm hesitant. So, I'm still waiting for a big sale.

I do think it would look better if the brightness was turned down. Uh, maybe. There's this one image with this uncanny valley backgr

• I do wonder if they thought about making him overtly abusive to her at some point in the writing phase.

Honestly, I remember thinking they were setting up an abusive subplot..but with Sarita instead.

anyway, I was looking at some more of the walking dead collection, and I kinda like the way it looks. Colors pop a little more, textures aren't so blurry. Some of the lighting effects are neat, like with Kenny and Lee's fight on the train, looks a lot more dramatic.

Really now? Neat to hear then.
    I remember the collection caught a bit of derision when announced a while back.

But I've also heard about glitches, and things (like violence and combat options) being removed so I'm hesitant. So, I'm still waiting for a big sale.

Yeah, I do know some of the gore was toned down. Also, No Time Left also apparently has the Stranger's station wagon removed from in front of the Marsh House and the shot of Lee squeezing the shard is gone completely, for some reason.

I do wonder if they thought about making him overtly abusive to her at some point in the writing phase. remember, he pretty much implies hi

• Do you think that playtesters had very much influence on the released versions of later installment's episodes' content, much like what happened with Ben in Episode 4?

• I'm sorry, but I have to ask this while it's on my mind: Which would you say has the better writing--Fallout 4 or ANF?

Sign in to comment in this discussion.