The Thread of general TWD-related questions

Comments

• edited May 2018

Do Season 1 have a big dumb ship besides Carlee ala Season 2 and ANF?

• Is it possible to retrieve an overwritten/deleted draft?

• Larry + Mrs. St John. That was doomed from the start.

DabigRG posted: »

• edited May 2018

Oh yeah, that was a thing. Shame really.
    It's Brenda.
    I was mostly referring to OoU though.

Larry + Mrs. St John. That was doomed from the start.

• Ben x Travis is dumb, in my opinion.

• Huh. Never really heard of it.
    Doesn't surprise me that much, though.

Fangirl101 posted: »

Ben x Travis is dumb, in my opinion.

• Sarita. Yeah, they definitely had something planned. When she says Kenny trying to be a gentleman after he aggressively pulls that box out of her arms. That was some heavy juxtaposition. Irony, such as it were. But again... dropped.
    Which reminds me, Sarita gets really fucked over because her little speech about not being able to save kenny (which kinda completes her arc, what little there is) is only said if you don't stay to watch carver die. And most people watched him die, IIRC.

Really now? Neat to hear then.

Judge for yourself:

I remember the collection caught a bit of derision when announced a while back.

Yeah, I derided it since I JUST bought all the games on ps4. Literally like a week before it was announced.
    Some of the screenshots looked awkward, but over all I didn't see that much negativity. It's just too expensive. Also they were lazy, they could have really improved animations and fixed the many problems with ANF, but I hear they didn't aside from a few textures here and there. Still, "something is better than nothing" as Kenny said. What worries me is that the saves might fuck up.

Also, No Time Left also apparently has the Stranger's station wagon removed from in front of the Marsh House and the shot of Lee squeezing the shard is gone completely, for some reason.

That actually makes sense. Lee didn't even think about driving it out of that mess. I think they realized that was a potential plot hole. Though I'm not sure how the stranger would have gotten to savannah without it. Also I never considered before that he may have used it to kidnap clementine.
    (this is here showing another character's perspective would be very helpful. Imagine if we got a DLC showing the stranger's side throughout season 1 :flushed: )

Sucks about the glass shard and the missing blood effects, though. Weirdly enough, I was just replaying season 1 on ps4 and it glitched out so lilly was all clean when they were walking back the motor inn.

I do wonder if they thought about making him overtly abusive to her at some point in the writing phase. Honestly, I remember thinkin

• No, but I'm just gonna go out and say that lee and Lilly had much more chemistry

• Sarita. Yeah, they definitely had something planned. When she says Kenny trying to be a gentleman after he aggressively pulls that box out of her arms. That was some heavy juxtaposition. Irony, such as it were. But again... dropped.

My point exactly.

Which reminds me, Sarita gets really fucked over because her little speech about not being able to save kenny (which kinda completes her arc, what little there is) is only said if you don't stay to watch carver die. And most people watched him die, IIRC.

Huh. I don't think I really thought about it that way.
    Damn, poor...Indian...lady.

Judge for yourself:

I love how it looks like someone cut on a spotlight between seconds/angles.

Yeah, I derided it since I JUST bought all the games on ps4. Literally like a week before it was announced.

Oh damn, that's gotta hurt! :lol:

Some of the screenshots looked awkward, but over all I didn't see that much negativity. t's just too expensive. Also they were lazy, they could have really improved animations and fixed the many problems with ANF, but I hear they didn't aside from a few textures here and there. Still, "something is better than nothing" as Kenny said.

Yes, yes they did. Other screenshots and videos I've seen can attest to that.
    Fortunately for me, I had little to no interest in buying the Collection.

What worries me is that the saves might fuck up.

Uuuh, maybe? I know with Colllections on the 360(in this case, Arkham Asylum, iirc), the system distinguished them as two separate games and thus refuses to show/load old saves. But idk, maybe that changed, especially with Telltale's carryover data.

That actually makes sense. Lee didn't even think about driving it out of that mess. I think they realized that was a potential plot hole. Though I'm not sure how the stranger would have gotten to savannah without it.

Honestly, I just assumed it may have been on it's last legs anyway.
    And it's not like Lee was in any condition to risk driving.

Also I never considered before that he may have used it to kidnap clementine.

Yeah, me neither. Though probably because him driving around a friggin station wagon unnoticed, in a city flooded with walkers and no other moving vehicles, is silly.

(this is here showing another character's perspective would be very helpful. Imagine if we got a DLC showing the stranger's side throughout season 1 :flushed: )

That would indeed be interesting. That'd be a perfect excuse to draw upon Season 1's puzzles and collectible based gameplay while also telling a story without as many characters to juggle.

Sucks about the glass shard and the missing blood effects, though.

Eh.

Weirdly enough, I was just replaying season 1 on ps4 and it glitched out so lilly was all clean when they were walking back the motor inn.

Huh. That is weird.

Louche posted: »

Sarita. Yeah, they definitely had something planned. When she says Kenny trying to be a gentleman after he aggressively pulls that box out o

• I believe that's because there really was gonna be a tragic romance angle to them.

No, but I'm just gonna go out and say that lee and Lilly had much more chemistry

• You think Max was supposed to be an actual soldier as well?

• Agreed.

No, but I'm just gonna go out and say that lee and Lilly had much more chemistry

• I like to think that he was always an important character.

You think Max was supposed to be an actual soldier as well?

• Not what I meant. :lol:

I like to think that he was always an important character.

• ... OH! You meant a soldier from David's unit?! Hmm, it is possible.

Not what I meant.

• I know he mentions them being a unit when David surprises them at the Warehouse, so I was wondering if he meant in the context of David's personal caste or in their backstory/history together.

... OH! You meant a soldier from David's unit?! Hmm, it is possible.

• Maybe? I dunno, it took me many playthoughs to even pick up on it, because it was very subtle.
    I wish Lilly hadn't been disposed of so quickly in long road ahead. Her accidentally killing Doug was okay, but killing Carley felt a liiiittle forced to me. Not game-breakingly bad, but they could have showed the two arguing more beforehand.

I believe that's because there really was gonna be a tragic romance angle to them.

• Maybe? I dunno, it took me many playthoughs to even pick up on it, because it was very subtle.

Until Larry says something, anyway.

I wish Lilly hadn't been disposed of so quickly in long road ahead.

Interestingly enough, that was seemingly always the plan, albeit with her breaking with remorse instead of aggressively raving.

Her accidentally killing Doug was okay, but killing Carley felt a liiiittle forced to me. Not game-breakingly bad, but they could have showed the two arguing more beforehand.

Indeed. Though the way the scene plays out, I always just took it as Carley speaking up too boldly at the wrong time in a long escalating conflict.

Maybe? I dunno, it took me many playthoughs to even pick up on it, because it was very subtle. I wish Lilly hadn't been disposed of so qui

• Why did the Remasters remove the highlights in at least the Season 2 character's eyes?

• edited May 2018

Damn, poor...Indian...lady.

:persevere:

I love how it looks like someone cut on a spotlight between seconds/angles.

Also Lee goes from staring blankly face to serious mode.

Uuuh, maybe?

It's been reported that they do.

And it's not like Lee was in any condition to risk driving.

And so we would have had a qte teaching clementine how to drive. Big deal.

Yeah, me neither. Though probably because him driving around a friggin station wagon unnoticed, in a city flooded with walkers and no other moving vehicles, is silly.

Well, his vehicle didn't teleport to the city so obviously he drove through, in fact he seemed to arrive in savannah before they did. Somehow.

That would indeed be interesting. That'd be a perfect excuse to draw upon Season 1's puzzles and collectible based gameplay while also telling a story without as many characters to juggle.

Somebody should really bring up the potential of character-based DLCs to them personally...
    They said final season, not final episode

Sarita. Yeah, they definitely had something planned. When she says Kenny trying to be a gentleman after he aggressively pulls that box out o

• edited May 2018

Until Larry says something, anyway.

eh wut?

This was always the plan

Yeah, but she was also supposed to be Lilly from the comics. So, context was different.

Indeed. Though the way the scene plays out, I always just took it as Carley speaking up too boldly at the wrong time in a long escalating conflict.

I don't think it's too bad, but when you're friendly with Lilly the whole time, is there really enough reason for her to get so pissed off she'd shoot Carley like that?
    What makes sense is if the writers intended you to side against her, Carley's line "take a page from Lee's book and try helping someone" would make sense in causing her to snap.
    They should have found a way to alter it for the pro-Lilly player, is what I'm saying. Not sure how, though. Maybe follow up more on Lilly actually thinking Carley might have been related to the bandits, so more paranoia, less fits of rage.

Maybe? I dunno, it took me many playthoughs to even pick up on it, because it was very subtle. Until Larry says something, anyway.

• :persevere:

She, like many of the Season 2 cast, deserved better.

Also Lee goes from staring blankly face to serious mode.

Almost like he's about to kill Kenny.

It's been reported that they do.

Oh, I'm sure that do.

And so we would have had a qte teaching clementine how to drive. Big deal.

That'd be some Mood Whiplash for ya.
    "Hey-Heyyy! It's time to make some CUH-RAY-ZAY MON-ay!"

Well, his vehicle didn't teleport to the city so obviously he drove through, in fact he seemed to arrive in savannah before they did. Somehow.

I realize that.
    He probably floored it to that area since he'd already know their lookin for a boat.

Somebody should really bring up the potential of character-based DLCs to them personally...

Seriously.

They said final season, not final episode

I know.

Damn, poor...Indian...lady. I love how it looks like someone cut on a spotlight between seconds/angles. Also Lee goes

• eh wut?

Larry asks Lee if he likes Lily and tells him to fuck off after getting a positive answer.

Yeah, but she was also supposed to be Lilly from the comics. So, context was different.

Right.

I don't think it's too bad, but when you're friendly with Lilly the whole time, is there really enough reason for her to get so pissed off she'd shoot Carley like that?

...Idk.
    I was mostly referring to the Kenny.

What makes sense is if the writers intended you to side against her, Carley's line "take a page from Lee's book and try helping someone" would make sense in causing her to snap.

Probably.
    There does tend to be some semblance of overlooking or author intent muddling things a bit.

They should have found a way to alter it for the pro-Lilly player, is what I'm saying. Not sure how, though. Maybe follow up more on Lilly actually thinking Carley might have been related to the bandits, so more paranoia, less fits of rage.

Funnily enough, the audition page claims she would kill Ben, but the dialogue actually has her refer to a "she" being a traitor.

Until Larry says something, anyway. eh wut? This was always the plan Yeah, but she was also supposed to be Lilly from

• Who had a deeper relationship with Clementine. Lee for all of Season 1 or Kenny from Season 1 to the beginning of ANF?

• I wanna say Lee just on instinct, since he made a huge difference in her life despite the relatively short amount of time they spent together.

Clemenem posted: »

Who had a deeper relationship with Clementine. Lee for all of Season 1 or Kenny from Season 1 to the beginning of ANF?

• Oh right. I love his reaction though when Lee says she's okay.
    "Just okay?! Fuck you!" There's no pleasing him.

Funnily enough, the audition page claims she would kill Ben, but the dialogue actually has her refer to a "she" being a traitor.

I wouldn't look too hard into that. Either the names were switched at some point or perhaps the thing was a rushjob to give an actor a quick runthrough, and they didn't bother to tell them that the character would optionally kill two different people.
    But I remember that the audition page emphasized her rage and paranoia, whereas in the game she pretty much shuts down after shooting doug/carley

eh wut? Larry asks Lee if he likes Lily and tells him to fuck off after getting a positive answer. Yeah, but she was also supp

• Almost like he's about to kill Kenny.

Also totally uninteresting trivia time: the remaster version has Lee's shirt a shade of blue closer to the concept art whereas the original game it had a purple-ish hue to it.

"Hey-Heyyy! It's time to make some CUH-RAY-ZAY MON-ay!"

No, seriously though. How is trying to drive crazier than walking through an entire town filled with walkers. How much time did Lee THINK he had? Man, episode 5 is frustrating. It has some of the best moments and some of the most disappointing.

She, like many of the Season 2 cast, deserved better. Also Lee goes from staring blankly face to serious mode. Almost like he'

• Oh right. I love his reaction though when Lee says she's okay.
    "Just okay?! Fuck you!" There's no pleasing him.

:lol: That's dads/Larry for ya.

I wouldn't look too hard into that. Either the names were switched at some point or perhaps the thing was a rushjob to give an actor a quick runthrough, and they didn't bother to tell them that the character would optionally kill two different people.

Probably so.

But I remember that the audition page emphasized her rage and paranoia, whereas in the game she pretty much shuts down after shooting doug/carley

Yeah, that's what I was alluding to a post or two ago as well.
    It was probably meant to sell her later identity as a villain(?) better, but they decided to actually play it for the tragedy it is.

Oh right. I love his reaction though when Lee says she's okay. "Just okay?! Fuck you!" There's no pleasing him. Funnily enough, the

• Also totally uninteresting trivia time: the remaster version has Lee's shirt a shade of blue closer to the concept art whereas the original game it had a purple-ish hue to it.

Sounds about right. The original game also had something of a filter to it.
    Plus, the Stranger being a white guy with an orange shirt complements blue ever better.

No, seriously though. How is trying to drive crazier than walking through an entire town filled with walkers. How much time did Lee THINK he had? Man, episode 5 is frustrating. It has some of the best moments and some of the most disappointing.

Considering those undead bastards mostly react to sounds and smells, it's kinda hard to image them just getting in and cranking up the potential running on fumes station wagon to drive their way out without attention.
    I can see your point, thouhg.

Almost like he's about to kill Kenny. Also totally uninteresting trivia time: the remaster version has Lee's shirt a shade of blue c

• Yes, the original game has sort of a subtle sickly greenish tint to it, unless I'm mistaken.
    Not sure about Season 2.

Also totally uninteresting trivia time: the remaster version has Lee's shirt a shade of blue closer to the concept art whereas the original

• I forgot, Katjaa flat out says Lilly's probably in shock.
    Which makes me feel like Lilly's character was wasted even more, now that I think about it.

Oh right. I love his reaction though when Lee says she's okay. "Just okay?! Fuck you!" There's no pleasing him. That's dads/Larr

• I wanna say not. Everything seemed much clearer/brighter, with the different settings, lightings, and weathers helping.

Yes, the original game has sort of a subtle sickly greenish tint to it, unless I'm mistaken. Not sure about Season 2.

• When?
    And yes, she was.

I forgot, Katjaa flat out says Lilly's probably in shock. Which makes me feel like Lilly's character was wasted even more, now that I think about it.

• Can someone link me to a video/image where Edith is, ahem, in other places?

• What color is Rebecca's text supposed to be?

• edited May 2018

Of you had creative control of every season following 400 Days, how would you implement the characters of Nate, Molly and Lily in future installments?

• edited May 2018

Molly and to an extent Nate are kind of no-gos from my position. One's better off getting her own little spin-off or popping up in a 400 Days styled game as one scenario, while Nate is less an issue of clashing too much with Clementine's Story so much as fitting him in a setting where he could actually travel.

As for Lily, I would've either had her turn up in Wellington as a significant figure or turn up as a supporting character in at least one Season. By that token, I guess it's technically possible to simply slide her into Kenny's position in Season 2, but that's not really a priority.
    Also, I had an interesting idea to use her as a quasi-anti-hero alongside Arvo, but that would've required fitting them into the earlier versions of "Season 3", since ANF doesn't really allow room for the subplot.

On the general prospect, though, I kinda think this question could flow better in a creative thread. See either dan's thread or my Failed Aspirations thread.

Clemenem posted: »

Of you had creative control of every season following 400 Days, how would you implement the characters of Nate, Molly and Lily in future installments?

• Any hint/context to who/what the people Paul were looking for in Richmond were?

• Telltale just updated A New Frontier on Steam. 35mbs.

• edited May 2018

Ooh, that's odd. I wonder what that could involve.
    Also, how much does a basic episode take up?

EDIT: Do'h, wrong place! Try the detail thread.

patrickrc95 posted: »

Telltale just updated A New Frontier on Steam. 35mbs.

Sign in to comment in this discussion.