Life Is Strange - True Colors Out Now, Bonus Episode "Wavelengths" September 30th

Comments

• Here we go ladies and gentlemen!!!

• http://lifeisstrange-blog.tumblr.com/post/174764161880/announcing-the-awesome-adventures-of-captain

"You read that right - you won’t have to pay anything at all to get this stand-alone adventure that will also give you glimpse into Life is Strange 2’s brand-new story… but only if you’re clever enough to piece the clues together!"

"While this demo is designed in the usual Life is Strange way and allows you plenty of time to explore everything, it is at the same time structurally different to previous entries. You will most likely see and discover new content on subsequent playthroughs which you might have previously missed. And there are some secrets that may very well take a coordinated group of fans to unravel…"

"We can’t wait for you to uncover the secrets of this adventure together as a community, and we’re really looking forward to reading all your theories about The Awesome Adventures of Captain Spirit and how it might relate to Life is Strange 2."

• I am so much more into this than Max/Chloe. One episode is a bit of a shame, but it being free is huuuge. I hope its more story oriented than farewell if its gonna be around the same length.

• dojo32161dojo32161 Moderator

The Steam page announcement has some interesting stuff. It honestly has me very interested.

Over the past few years, ever since the release of the first game, DONTNOD have been quietly working on the next mainline entry in the Life is Strange universe. During this time we not only observed what these games truly meant to our fans, but we also put that in the context of what the series means to us and our ambitions for it. For us, Life is Strange is so much more than a single set of characters, places, themes or scenarios - Life is Strange is an entire universe of storytelling founded upon relatable characters facing real world issues, but always with "a twist of the strange" and we have many more stories we want to tell.

The Awesome Adventures of Captain Spirit is the first step towards showing you the true potential of Life is Strange, and the possibilities of a diverse universe filled with interesting characters and stories to tell. With it, we have created a self-contained narrative experience that’s brimming with content – the deeper you dig, the more you will discover. While this demo is designed in the usual Life is Strange way and allows you plenty of time to explore everything, it is at the same time structurally different to previous entries. You will most likely see and discover new content on subsequent playthroughs which you might have previously missed. And there are some secrets that may very well take a coordinated group of fans to unravel...

We can't wait for you to uncover the secrets of this adventure together as a community, and we're really looking forward to reading all your theories about The Awesome Adventures of Captain Spirit and how it might relate to Life is Strange 2.

I am so much more into this than Max/Chloe. One episode is a bit of a shame, but it being free is huuuge. I hope its more story oriented than farewell if its gonna be around the same length.

• edited June 2018

I am so much more into this than Max/Chloe.

I'm with you on that. I am very intrigued.

Edit: Just saw the dev blog. Man, this looks cute. Also cool to see a bit of what went into making this game.
    And we get this in end of June?! Awesome!

I am so much more into this than Max/Chloe. One episode is a bit of a shame, but it being free is huuuge. I hope its more story oriented than farewell if its gonna be around the same length.

• My first thought of "The Awesome Adventures of Captain Spirit" is "the innocence of childhood".

"This stand-alone adventure will also give you a glimpse into what the brand-new story and characters of Life is Strange 2 will be... but only if you're clever enough to piece the clues together!"

That's interesting. While we go on imaginary adventures, we also get to piece together on what the sequel's story will be about, and who we will encounter along the way.

• dojo32161dojo32161 Moderator

Steam page is up
    https://store.steampowered.com/app/845070/The_Awesome_Adventures_of_Captain_Spirit/

Have you ever dreamt of being a superhero? Meet Chris, a creative and imaginative 10 year old boy who escapes reality with fantastical adventures as his alter ego, the Awesome Captain Spirit!

Return to your childhood and play a touching and heart-warming one-of-a-kind narrative experience from the directors and development team behind the BAFTA award winning game Life is Strange.

Captain Spirit is a free demo set in the Life is Strange Universe that contains links to the brand new story & characters of Life is Strange 2.

KEY FEATURES:

• An original narrative experience set in the Life is Strange universe
    • Play as Chris and his super-hero alter-ego, Captain Spirit
    • Complete a series of missions as Captain Spirit and discover secret unlockable content.
    • Some choices and actions will link to your Life is Strange 2 experience.
  • I'll be honest with you, my hype is not really high for this. I mean it looks cool and surely it will be an awesome little free experience, but I kinda excepted they'd show LiS 2 itself, with this as well why not. I just hope we'll see LiS 2 soon enough and that the story will be good as the Max and Chloe one. Let's see... nice job to DONTNOD anyway for these masterpieces <3

• Yay, LiS 2 is getting closer. So Captain Spirit is a one episode game that will tie into LiS 2? That's cool. The new character, Chris, looks similar Max. Maybe they're related?

• Hey check this out. It gives a lot of cool insight to the game. It's going to take place in Oregon again and 3 years after the first LiS game.

• So from what I can tell the save Arcadia ending in LIS is the canon ending and will be somewhat followed up in this and LIS 2, whilst the LIS comic will follow up the save Chloe ending...

• So it boggles me a bit why people directly come into this thread and kind of shit all over the game. I mean it's fine to not like it and all the criticisms I see are super valid, but what's the point of coming into a thread of something you know you absolutely loathe and constantly posting how much you loathe it in the comments? I'm not a big fan of LiS but I mean maybe tone it down a bit?

That being said this new Captain Spirit thing looks really cute and I like the idea of other "super powers" existing than time travel in this universe. I also love the idea of tackling different themes and situations. I'm not particularly excited for the game but it's nice to see that Dontnod understands the potential of a universe like this.

• but what's the point of coming into a thread of something you know you absolutely loathe and constantly posting how much you loathe it in the comments?

That's a really good question.

So it boggles me a bit why people directly come into this thread and kind of shit all over the game. I mean it's fine to not like it and all

• Exactly, they could be toying with the concept of a kid who has the ability to bring his imagination to life, sort of a space or reality control power instead of a time based one. What interesting is who you might be playing in LIS 2 based on this. I have a sneaky suspicion they might have the twist of the kid being the 'villain' in the main game or something, since they said whilst we can impact stuff in LIS 2 via this there is supposed to be just one ending to Captain Spirit...

So it boggles me a bit why people directly come into this thread and kind of shit all over the game. I mean it's fine to not like it and all

• Sorry, the last episode and Before The Storm completely killed any care I had for the series at all. Maybe I'll watch a play through, I don't know

• edited June 2018

Looks like dontnod has conformed this new episode’s choices will impact season 2

If that’s true maybe in season 2 we will play Chris as a teen or young adult.

• I loved LiS, but this looks much more interesting to me.

• KaelthasKaelthas Banned
    edited June 2018

Same reason you came into the thread to shit over them for shitting over the game, is called making your opinion known, same as me answering to you about you shitting on them for shitting on the game, the whole thing about everyone here is that we all just crave for attention.

Anyway, Jesus Christ this Captain Spirit game looks amazing, hope is not as short as it seems to be, and I didn't quite like what was said about LiS 2, a lot of different playable protagonists or just a lot of characters well developed an one single playable character? Because unless they do it like GoT from Telltale is going to be hard getting invested in so many playable characters, that I will assume all will have "unique and different" personalities, IMO they should stick to 1 character per game.

• They've confirmed Chris isn't the main protagonist of season 2 but he'll likely be a major character

Umbassabro posted: »

Looks like dontnod has conformed this new episode’s choices will impact season 2 If that’s true maybe in season 2 we will play Chris as a teen or young adult.

• I wasn't really shitting on them so much as I was questioning why they felt it important to visit the thread daily to make their thoughts known.

Kaelthas posted: »

Same reason you came into the thread to shit over them for shitting over the game, is called making your opinion known, same as me answering

• I'm looking forward to Captain Spirit, it reminds me a lot of when I was young, lonely and only playing with myself. That got depressing real fast.

• Captain Spirit will be released soon.

• Alrighty! Nice of them to give us this whole schedule of the different timezones' simultaneous release.

Captain Spirit will be released soon.

• edited June 2018
  • Well, that announcement came out of the blue. Not that I'm complaining!

• edited June 2018

:smiley: I've been waiting for this. :smiley:

MichaelBP posted: »

https://twitter.com/LifeIsStrange/status/1010175578811625472 The thread title should be updated.

• Woaaah that's...a lot sooner than I was expecting. I hope it doesn't focus on time travel but a new ability. Also an adult would be such a good protag.

• edited June 2018

Is there any power in particular you are hoping for in the sequel?

(The Time-Rewind power was fun while it lasted. To this day, I still wish to have that power. But, that's just me.)

Woaaah that's...a lot sooner than I was expecting. I hope it doesn't focus on time travel but a new ability. Also an adult would be such a good protag.

• Wowie! That's unexpected but cool.
    I wonder who our new protagonist/power might be?

https://twitter.com/LifeIsStrange/status/1010175578811625472 The thread title should be updated.

• Not sure honestly. Maybe something like telekinesis or reading minds. That be fun to mess around with in such a narrative focused game.

Is there any power in particular you are hoping for in the sequel? (The Time-Rewind power was fun while it lasted. To this day, I still wish to have that power. But, that's just me.)

• Cool. It looks like LiS 2 may take place again at a school because there's a backpack. I wonder what powers the protagonist will have?

• Okay, well we might know what the style of Season 2 is.

Season 1's menu, concept art/key art and look of the powers was polaroid mania, with flashes and saturation across the board.

In these promotional images, it looks like the logo is embroidered? (I don't know the term, I don't know fashion. Is it just "sewing"?) So... Something that looks like stitching? ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

• Also an adult would be such a good protag.

I wouldn't count on that honestly. The little teaser shows the logo embroidered in a black backpack, so that probably indicates a school (maybe even college?) setting. Of course it could be looking too much into it.

Woaaah that's...a lot sooner than I was expecting. I hope it doesn't focus on time travel but a new ability. Also an adult would be such a good protag.

• So... Am i supposed to be able to install captain spirit now?

• I don't think you will until the specified time of release.

zeke10 posted: »

So... Am i supposed to be able to install captain spirit now?

• edited June 2018

Oh shoot today's the 25th, so Captain Spirit comes out today...
    Cool!

• OMG...sooo pissed!

Newspaper article on a photographer who slit her wrists while taking a bath...her last message written in blood..."Alone is the saddest word."

• Anyone noticed that the pre-order for Season 2 is already up on the PS Store? It costs 40€ and the pre-order bonuses are a Captain Spirit theme and in-game items for the player to customise their bag and apparently a keychain? Hopefully the price tag means the episodes are extra long.

• edited June 2018

Oh cool!
    Playstation Store Link for Season 2
    So, it's 50$ CAD. Maybe 40$ U.S. for you others down there? (Wow. 10$ Episodes. Hope it's worth it.)

And yeah, for the pre-order...:

Pre-Order Life is Strange 2 Complete Season and receive:

• The 'Mascot bundle': customize your backpack with patches and keyring based on the Life is Strange universe.
    • The Awesome Adventures of Captain Spirit PS4 theme.

No other details on what to expect yet. Just that there'll be 5 episodes.

EDIT: Try as I might, I can't seem to find Captain Spirit in the normal "New Games section".
    As it turns out, it's classified as the demo on Season 2's page, and is also filed under the demo section as Captain Spirit (but boasting an {Episode 1} blank title card.)
    Captain Spirit PS Store Link

Anyone noticed that the pre-order for Season 2 is already up on the PS Store? It costs 40€ and the pre-order bonuses are a Captain Spirit th

Sign in to comment in this discussion.