Life Is Strange - True Colors Out Now, Bonus Episode "Wavelengths" September 30th

Comments

• Watched the gameplay-demo from start to finish. It was better than the trailer, but i'm still not convinced. It's kind of baffling to me that after the big success of the first game, they still seem to completely lack good VO direction and proper facial animations. Everything sounds and looks off. Even Telltale can manage to do both better with their ancient engine than DontnoD with Unreal Engine 4.

I'm also afraid that DontnoD still can't direct more escalating or action-heavy scenes. I mean, yeah, they stated in the video, that they sped-up certain scenes - mostly the end - but it still feels and looks like their usual work in that regard. No real punch to anything; no feel of weight or impact.

I'm sure it'll be alright, but i expected more. I just hope they finally find a way to end the story strong, unlike LiS1 and BTS, which both suffered from being egregiously rushed in their last episode.

• i liked the last episodes. i didn't realize how much ppl hated the nightmare part in LiS1 until i started watching reviews. it seemed so original and fun to me but a lot of ppl were calling it lazy or whatever. idk i don't play many games so maybe my expectations aren't as high as everyone else. all i rly want is a good story and both LiS and BTS had that so yah i'm happy.

GSSalvador posted: »

Watched the gameplay-demo from start to finish. It was better than the trailer, but i'm still not convinced. It's kind of baffling to me tha

• Here's the documentary:

• edited September 2018

I don't know if I should pre order the game... Should I ?

• I’d just wait, it comes out in two weeks anyway.

I don't know if I should pre order the game... Should I ?

• I hope the first episode is at least a separate purchase. I think that's how season 1 worked. I really don't want to pay 40 for a season I'm not feeling too hot on currently.

• In case any of you are interested and haven't seen them yet, under the spoiler tag I have the links to a preview of episode 1 that's roughly 90 minutes long. It seems to be the first chapter in its entirety without the cuts from the official gameplay video.

• edited September 2018

If they cut over 70 mins of footage don't ya think its a bit dumb to showcase the events at the end with Shaun's dad getting shot in the preview dontnod shared. It kinda takes away from all this development he gets that's actually in the episode. I understand they wanted a hook but the 20 mins of the actual first episode are solid enough, but again gotta have that hook to make people interested so I can kinda see why they cut so much.

MichaelBP posted: »

In case any of you are interested and haven't seen them yet, under the spoiler tag I have the links to a preview of episode 1 that's roughly

• New thing

• Launch trailer is out, and it’s a damn good one. Way better than the first trailer. I’m actually hyped now.

• I'm not really feeling much hype for this season. In fact, I haven't looked at much of it. Captain Spirit, a few teasers, but no gameplay or interviews for that matter.

Looks sort of interesting, but I won't be picking this up on launch, no way in bulk full-season wise... That 50$ price tag does not sit well with me.

• edited September 2018

A launch trailer and we still know absolutely nothing about the main plot. Ooof.

• I mean, the main plot is just the two brothers trying to get to Mexico, I don't think it's more than that.

A launch trailer and we still know absolutely nothing about the main plot. Ooof.

• So what episode 1 is just hometown, forest/woods, smaller town with kooky old man "I know you boys ooohahah and i will turn you in". The only new thing in that trailer was the phonecall, and 2 characters. "Chrysalis" had more going on in its launch trailer like come on.

dojo32161 posted: »

I mean, the main plot is just the two brothers trying to get to Mexico, I don't think it's more than that.

• edited September 2018

Life is Strange was never heavy on plot, but I do think Chrysalis had more intentional mystery to it. LiS2, right now, seems a little ... broad ... to me. We now the story, but it still could go in any possible direction. You could say "aimless", but i'm sure they have something in mind for the overarching narrative.

But I also think knowing next to nothing helps immersing yourself into the world and the story, because that sense of not knowing what could happen next is exactly what the main characters will ultimately and constantly feel the moment they're on their own.

So what episode 1 is just hometown, forest/woods, smaller town with kooky old man "I know you boys ooohahah and i will turn you in". The onl

• Fair enough. I dunno I just feel that I haven't seen anything that warrants the 40 dollar price tag. I really liked captain spirit but I dunno I guess we'll see how it all fares next week.

GSSalvador posted: »

Life is Strange was never heavy on plot, but I do think Chrysalis had more intentional mystery to it. LiS2, right now, seems a little ... br

• LiS1 was literally twin peaks + butterfly effect with a bit of donnie darko thrown in. can't rly tell what they used to inspire LiS2.

• The only thing twin peaks about life is strange was the anomaly that was Samuel, and the disappearance of a teenage girl.

sarahsenpai posted: »

LiS1 was literally twin peaks + butterfly effect with a bit of donnie darko thrown in. can't rly tell what they used to inspire LiS2.

• LiS1 rachel was literally laura palmer. and the small town vibe. and two whales diner = double R diner. there's a ton of similarities there.

The only thing twin peaks about life is strange was the anomaly that was Samuel, and the disappearance of a teenage girl.

• edited September 2018

I liked the first life is strange but this one just looks..boring sorry.

also looooool 40 fucking dollars no thanks.

• If you want a literal Laura Palmer play Deadly premonition.

sarahsenpai posted: »

LiS1 rachel was literally laura palmer. and the small town vibe. and two whales diner = double R diner. there's a ton of similarities there.

• looks interesting but im not too crazy about survival games.

If you want a literal Laura Palmer play Deadly premonition.

• We met Daniel, now meet Sean.

• Max killed Telltale confirmed.

This is too coincidental.

Happy birthday to Max Caulfield.

• ALL THE MORE REASON TO HATE HER

AChicken posted: »

Max killed Telltale confirmed. This is too coincidental.

• So will it be possible to buy episode one? Because the playstation store only has the season pass atm

• Im not familiar with LiS episode releases schedules. Can someone tell me. Is it every month or?

• Generally it's been around two months between episodes, though it was a bit less than 3 months between episodes 4 and 5 of the last season.

Bruno113 posted: »

Im not familiar with LiS episode releases schedules. Can someone tell me. Is it every month or?

• edited September 2018

I'm highly betting that it will be avaliable separately on day one. They just aren't letting you pre-order the game right now unless you give them all the moneys.

So will it be possible to buy episode one? Because the playstation store only has the season pass atm

• No! Those are my moneys.

Nah I'm not pre ordering for digital stickers for imaginary backpacks.

AChicken posted: »

I'm highly betting that it will be avaliable separately on day one. They just aren't letting you pre-order the game right now unless you give them all the moneys.

• The release dates NAJanuary 30, 2015[1](Episode 1) (PC)
    NA January 29, 2015[1] (XBox)
    NA February 3, 2015 (PlayStation Network)
    NAMarch 25, 2015 (Episode 2)
    NAMay 19, 2015 (Episode 3)
    NAJuly 28, 2015 (Episode 4)
    NAOctober 20, 2015 (Episode 5)

I can't believe it was so long ago... It will probably be smoother this time since they (should) know what they're doing now.

Bruno113 posted: »

Im not familiar with LiS episode releases schedules. Can someone tell me. Is it every month or?

• I love those fan art drawings of Lyla & Sean. :) If Lyla becomes a romance option, I'm definitely going for her.

MichaelBP posted: »

Fans are pretty quick to start making fanart. Source: https://mobile.twitter.com/VideoGames_ART/status/1032614000117407744 Source: h

• I just finished the episode. Took me about 4 hours, but I was a bit too thorough with exploring I think. That wasted a good chunk of the time.

I liked it. I´m not in love with the game just yet, but that can still happen in the episodes to come.
    A bit too soon to start posting spoilers, so I´ll shut up now. :)

• Took me about 4 hours,

Damn. That’s a lotta hours!

Onmens posted: »

I just finished the episode. Took me about 4 hours, but I was a bit too thorough with exploring I think. That wasted a good chunk of the tim

• Yeah, and I didn't even find all of the collectibles. So now I have to do it all over again! Glad I have no life. :)

Took me about 4 hours, Damn. That’s a lotta hours!

• i still haven't played captain spirit ?

Sign in to comment in this discussion.