Anyone else wish we had less radio silence from New Telltale?

edited June 2020 in General Chat

Obviously I'm thrilled TTG is back, some employees who got laid off from old TTG are working again, and I'm thrilled that we're getting Wolf 2 and Shadows Edition was cool.

• However, I really wish we heard more from new-Telltale about updates. Two days ago, they gained the rights to Monkey Island again and put it back on stores. However, they gave no Tweets about it or anything in the news tab.

• We don't know where Wolf 2 is in development when we can expect to see it, or anything. While not an issue anymore, we never really heard anything about if the employees were working from home on Wolf 2 for a few months.

• They never even tweeted ONCE about Batman Shadows Editions reveal. It's no wonder if you look in SteamCharts Player Count stats that not many people bought it. There was zero awareness. No marketing aside from a Youtube Trailer and News Post. Old Telltale was known for their abysmal marketing post-MCSM/Batman. They just started shadow dropping stuff like GOTG and MCSM s2 with zero marketing until Hawley stepped in and they did stuff for TWD season 4. I hope that LCG stops repeating old Telltales mistake here.

• No Telltale employees or contractors have commented on the forums in six months In addition, nobody from new Telltale has done any interviews or had any public presence since Wolf 2's reveal.

I'm as thrilled as anyone Telltale is back, but I really wish they would stop being radio silent for months on end. They said that they were working on acquiring new IP back in August when LCG acquired the studio, but we had to wait 10 months for any IP to be acquired.

I am in no means discrediting the hundreds of pages of legal documents and negotiations regarding publishing rights, but I really wish we'd hear more about the other IP's such as Minecraft, Game of Thrones, Guardians, Back To The Future, Jurassic Park, and most of all Tales From The Borderlands (although who knows if LCG is involved with Borderlands)

This whole reboot feels unprofessional and half-assed, with the CafePress shop with 0 followers, to the fact that the forums are broken and log you out after you move two pages, and how we haven't had any announcements in six months.

But hey, at the end of the day, I am thankful for Jamie, Bryan, and the team for reviving the studio and Wolf 2, and I wish them the best in the future. :)

`

Comments

• edited June 2020

CONTINUED

Here are just some suggestions I have for LCG

1.) Add Steam Trading Cards, Badges, and Emotes to supported games

Really easy, literally easy passive income for LCG, since they make 10% proceeds on all Steam Marketplace sales. I ironically mention this because I think it would earn more money than Shadows Edition ever did for waaaaaay less budget since all you have to pay for is a few hours worth of labor.
    2.) Fix the small things on your website that make you look unprofessional.

Tidy up the CafePress profile, make it so that the pictures for some games like Monkey Island on the home page don't get cut off on mobile, change it so that the copyright info on the Epic store page for TWAU is actually for Wolf and not Batman's information, change the player support page so that it actually has the correct title for Batman season one, instead of it calling it "Batman:A Telltale Story." Also man PLEASE fix the forums so we don't get logged out every two seconds. Is that redesign still coming?

3.) Be more active on Social Media

It creates impressions with fans and keeps your company relevant despite having no announcements in six months. Maybe give away Steam Keys through Humble Bundle or Twitter to create impressions. Everyone on the forums here was worried that the deal might've blown up in LCG's face after they would go months without saying anything from August up until December.

• I think we all obviously wish there was a bit more info about what's going on at Telltale and Wolf 2's development but this is kinda expected and it will still probably be a good while until something "news worthy" happens.

We do gotta remember how these guys are basically re-constructing a building on top of the torn down foundation with overall not that many hands on deck. They're still in a position where most (if not all) of the people working for them were hand picked rather than a general application because they want to make sure they are building the company back up correctly, they are very much still in the early stages of rebooting. And because of that, it means the staff they are hiring are a lot more "key" to the reboot. Right now there isnt a big reason to shift focus on making sure the forums get that redesign until they do something that would drive people to the forums. Right now they arnt focuses on having someone be their social media guy until it makes sense to want people to be looking at their social media.

That said, why someone doesnt hop on twitter to make an announcement like "Tales of Monkey Island is back," or making a promo tweet for Shadows Edition Im not sure. Obviously your entire marketing campaign isnt reliant on just making a tweet, but it is pretty odd they've not done stuff like this seeing how its something that doesnt specifically require a social media team member to do.

And I do think adding Steam Trading Cards is probably a good idea overall. Personally Im not really into the Steam badge crafting and all that but there are a lot of people who are. It was always kinda odd Telltale never did it besides Walking Dead S1 as like you said, it isnt that hard to do and does give passive income. (Obviously you arnt rolling in cash by making Steam Cards but its still something simple to add.)

I still have a lot of faith in these new people. As long as everything is running smoothly behind the scenes (theres nothing to suggest otherwise) I'm ok without having updates. And truth is it probably will be a good while until we do hear anything so we just gotta be patient. News will come when its ready, and I'd much rather hear that news after they take their time to share it than just sharing something that isnt ready to be shown.

• edited June 2020

Agree i'm kinda getting tired and worried about this radio silence like i understand but it's frustrating and your suggestions are pretty good hopefully they see this.

• I still have a lot of faith in these new people. As long as everything is running smoothly behind the scenes (theres nothing to suggest otherwise) I'm ok without having updates. And truth is it probably will be a good while until we do hear anything so we just gotta be patient.

100% agree. Jaime has left a really good impression on all of us with his interviews with IGN and at the Michael Futter interview. The Batman Shadows Edition Credits has tons of recognizable names from old Telltale and it shows that they care with how they got AdHoc to do Wolf 2. I really do have faith in the new team.

Poogers555 posted: »

I think we all obviously wish there was a bit more info about what's going on at Telltale and Wolf 2's development but this is kinda expecte

• I don't mind getting no updates about Wolf, kinda got used to that with the old Telltale lol. And I doubt they have much to say about it anyway.

But yeah, that they didn't bother to write a tweet from here and there about Shadows edition release and such is pretty weird. It'd take a few minutes max, like come on.

Also it'd be nice if we finally got that long promised forum update, haha. And personally I find it ridiculous that we still can't access the forums directly from the main Telltale page. Honestly, if I was a first time visitor on the Telltale site, I'd have no idea this place even existed.

• Personally I'm not fussed, they are still in the process of rebuilding, I'd say when The Wolf Among Us: Season Two furthers into development and the release date lingers closer, the marketing will pick up, but at the moment, it just appears they are laying secure foundations to work on ahead of the future. They'll tick all the right boxes when the time is right, but for now, all we can really do is let them do their thing and trust in what Jamie is doing, I know I certainly am

• And personally I find it ridiculous that we still can't access the forums directly from the main Telltale page.

Because of this, i'm surprised we're still getting new members that pop up every once in a while.

Pipas posted: »

I don't mind getting no updates about Wolf, kinda got used to that with the old Telltale lol. And I doubt they have much to say about it any

• The forums are still promoted in the actual games through in-game adds.

lupinb0y posted: »

And personally I find it ridiculous that we still can't access the forums directly from the main Telltale page. Because of this, i'm surprised we're still getting new members that pop up every once in a while.

• Ah you're right, I forgot about those!

4k60fpsHDR posted: »

The forums are still promoted in the actual games through in-game adds.

Sign in to comment in this discussion.