Gearbox hosting “Future Of Borderlands and Gearbox Publishing” panel on September 12th

edited September 2020 in General Chat

Tales From The Borderlands rerelease will probably get revealed here, considering it’s already been sent to ratings boards.

Comments

• edited September 2020

Oh hell yes this sounds like the perfect place for a TFTB re-release.

Unfortunately it sounds like Gearbox is going to be re-publishing it (finally) and not Telltale re-acquiring the license, but it is what it is...

• How do we know it went to ratings? Did it already leak?

• edited September 2020

When was Tales from the Borderlands sent to ratings boards other than like a year and a half ago when Australia re-classified it (still under Telltale Games) I guess there is that Steam Database thing but who really knows what's that for.

I do wonder what's going to be there as it seems like they are gonna announce something Borderlands. Also really wondering if TFTBL is gonna get bonus content or something after all these Steam updates. Because Redux is 100% fake unless Gearbox saw it and was like "lmao lets just do that."

If there is bonus content, really hoping AdHoc is involved or at the very least Telltale will have the rights but Gearbox is going to publish the game now.

(also also worth mentioning is that theres a chance Tales wont be there at all. Borderlands stuff could easily be a Borderlands mobile game or announcement of doing more DLCs which we already do kinda know will happen.)

• I'm not really sure where Borderlands is going as a franchise... or what they could even announce. It's in this really tough spot where it's hard to expand the universe due to its genre... maybe they'll try another spinoff like Tales but with a different studio? I think it's a year or two too soon to announce a Pre-Sequel style game with reused assets and the foundations of the BL3 UE4 engine.

Poogers555 posted: »

When was Tales from the Borderlands sent to ratings boards other than like a year and a half ago when Australia re-classified it (still unde

• May Sept 12th bring us a blessed timeline, not a cursed one.

• edited September 2020

Director's Commentary DLC announced.

It's Randy Pitchford, Director of Gearbox.
    (I mean CEO but whatever)

May Sept 12th bring us a blessed timeline, not a cursed one.

• Man imagine if this ends up being nothing but replacing Rhys and Claptrap's voice for no reason but Zer0's ep 5 voice still doesn't have the filter. And thats it.

Top 10 cursed timelines.

AChicken posted: »

Director's Commentary DLC announced. It's Randy Pitchford, Director of Gearbox. (I mean CEO but whatever)

• Zer0's ep 5 voice still doesn't have the filter

Ah shit I forgot about that flub

Ah shit I still hate it. How'd they forget to filter his voice? He sounded badassly-robotic in Episode 1.

Man imagine if this ends up being nothing but replacing Rhys and Claptrap's voice for no reason but Zer0's ep 5 voice still doesn't have the filter. And thats it. Top 10 cursed timelines.

• TFTBL Rerelease but they remove Rhys from the game. It's now Tale from the Borderlands. How did they get to Helios? Figure it out yourself.

• edited September 2020

Huh, if all scenes with Rhys were removed, then he'd just look like some guy with increasingly worse schizophrenia throughout the game (mostly), if viewed through Fiona's story.

TFTBL Rerelease but they remove Rhys from the game. It's now Tale from the Borderlands. How did they get to Helios? Figure it out yourself.

• I forgot this thing was today.

No news about Tales coming back, is there?...

• Lol just watched a man get banned for saying “Travis Scott Burger” during the burger gun dev story, rip

• That was bullshit. They said it would be an hour-long and ended after 40 minutes. 20 minutes of that presentation was just an advertisement for merchandise. Fuck that, wasted my time.

Sign in to comment in this discussion.