TFTB returning to stores on February 17th for PC, PS4 and Xbox One - rated for Switch in Taiwan

Comments

• i’m just expecting disappointment... : (

dojo32161 posted: »

Hmmmmm.... https://twitter.com/geoffkeighley/status/1334897083526967296

• Would be cool if he actually was there to announce Tales but realistically he is probably there for tlou2 or probably Fortnite seeing how he is a big part of the new season.

• edited December 2020

Finally, the TGAs Batman: Shadows Edition announcement we've all been waiting for!

@Poogers555
    It could be for Tales, but I don't see why Telltale would want to get such a high-profile person to announce a relatively small thing (re-release with possible small new content)
    Highly betting its for some Fortnite promo, or whatever his next project is.
    Or, he's just there to present an award, as he always is...

• Yeah I think it’s more so to do with it’s Troy Baker. I mean who knows, maybe they are doing bonus content and him being Rhys again may mean he is connected and blah blah and I do think he will be in Wolf 2 so he’d have a current Telltale connection but really end of the day here- Troy is probably there because tlou2 or simply because he is Troy Baker.

AChicken posted: »

Finally, the TGAs Batman: Shadows Edition announcement we've all been waiting for! @Poogers555 It could be for Tales, but I don't see w

• Bros...

More language editing...

Dec 10th... We're coming home...

ʸᵉˢ ᵗʰᶦˢ ᵖᵒˢᵗ ʷᶦˡˡ ᵃᵍᵉ ᶦⁿᶜʳᵉᵈᶦᵇˡʸ ʷᵉˡˡ

• edited December 2020

so actually other games like got and gotg got this same update, so this is probably some steam thing, but neither got the more important update from yesterday.

So yes this comment aged really well as you can tell.

Poogers555 posted: »

Bros... More language editing... Dec 10th... We're coming home... ʸᵉˢ ᵗʰᶦˢ ᵖᵒˢᵗ ʷᶦˡˡ ᵃᵍᵉ ᶦⁿᶜʳᵉᵈᶦᵇˡʸ ʷᵉˡˡ

• check yo' self before you hype yo' self

so actually other games like got and gotg got this same update, so this is probably some steam thing, but neither got the more important update from yesterday. So yes this comment aged really well as you can tell.

• me irl

BigBadPaul posted: »

check yo' self before you hype yo' self

• edited December 2020

Weird, at first I thought it was nothing because the depot that got changed was the DirectX2010 Depot, ("DirectX Jun 2010 Redist") but it was only changed for TFTB and not every DirectX2010 game like most DirectX steam updates...

Edit.) nvm read poogs reply

Bros... More language editing... Dec 10th... We're coming home... ʸᵉˢ ᵗʰᶦˢ ᵖᵒˢᵗ ʷᶦˡˡ ᵃᵍᵉ ᶦⁿᶜʳᵉᵈᶦᵇˡʸ ʷᵉˡˡ

• got and gotg got this same update

I shouldn't but I want to believe

so actually other games like got and gotg got this same update, so this is probably some steam thing, but neither got the more important update from yesterday. So yes this comment aged really well as you can tell.

• Unlikely, it seems every non-currently owned Telltale game was given this update, while Tales was the only one given the "added supported languages"

Also, I wonder if Telltale owns Poker Night again. They bought back Texas Hold Em for whatever reason and we know they have it because recently Telltale changed their games currently on Steam to just say Developed and Published by Telltale when all others say Telltale Games. Hold Em now just says Telltale while PN still says Telltale Games so I assume that means they dont own it, but it seems so weird they would skip out on The Poker Night IP to get the Texas IP and not put it back on shelves. (Like yeah, I dont think anyone is buying it but still a bit weird, makes me wonder if Telltale Poker in general is the actual IP, but that wouldnt explain why PN hasnt been updated)

got and gotg got this same update I shouldn't but I want to believe

• edited December 2020

It is safe to assume some licenses (eg: Poker Night) night have not been sold to anyone during the initial auction and are just being held by the Sherwood Partners holding company

Unlikely, it seems every non-currently owned Telltale game was given this update, while Tales was the only one given the "added supported la

• edited December 2020

Nah, still weary on if it's really for Fortnite, or just the usual awards stuff.

Other, prominent members of people who play Fortnite have also been getting these bags. It contains clues for future skins being added to this season.

Kratos was just announced and released, and while Troy is related to Fortnite as a VA, I don't know of any other incoming crossovers that he would be there to announce on behalf of.
    Rumors/leaks of a Master Chief skin and item set are floating around, that might get released on the night of the TGAs, a week after Kratos, but again, I don't see why Troy could be 'the guy' to announce that.

4k60fpsHDR posted: »

troy is there for fortnite not tales https://twitter.com/geoffkeighley/status/1335314523557773312

• Currently "Agent Jones" is the guy who is announcing all these crossover characters in Fortnite and he is voiced by Troy Baker.

That said, I dont really think he is there for Fortnite as it is his character in the Fortnite universe, not literally Troy Baker making the announcements. I also wouldnt say its super likely he would announce anything Tales related (even if it does show up there) as its probably because he plays Joel. Cant have Ashley Johnson or Laura Bailey because they are both nominated. So its probably just because his tlou2 connection plus being a well known member of the industry. (I mean I think this will be his 3rd time on stage at the awards so- not really a shocker to begin with.)

Nah, still weary on if it's really for Fortnite, or just the usual awards stuff. Other, prominent members of people who play Fortnite hav

• So its probably just because his tlou2 connection plus being a well known member of the industry. (I mean I think this will be his 3rd time on stage at the awards so- not really a shocker to begin with.)

Yep. Well said.

Currently "Agent Jones" is the guy who is announcing all these crossover characters in Fortnite and he is voiced by Troy Baker. That said

• new vtest update 2 hours ago

• edited December 2020

"As for questions about other Telltale titles, some games reverted back to the IP owners and their fate is not currently in our hands."

BUT I am happy that they're taking their time with TWAU2, not showing too much too early. Hopefully that means there'll be minimal crunch during development. I wouldn't want TWAU2 to be another mass effect andromeda. Still. Release TFTBL from Gearbox jail please.

• if referring to people always asking about TWD S5

If referring to Tales from the Borderlands

"As for questions about other Telltale titles, some games reverted back to the IP owners and their fate is not currently in our hands."

• bruh bruh bruh bruh

• cap

LET'S GO!!!

• hyped af for the next vtest update tomorrow lets fuckin get it gamers!!

• Late but where in the world is this gif from. Looks good.

LET'S GO!!!

• edited December 2020

From what I could find of movies directed by Ben Stiller and written by Justin Theroux, my best guess is credits from the film Tropic Thunder.
    ...And that looks about right to me judging by this clip!

(now I gotta see this movie, not only for that wacky dancing but I've heard there's a lot of wacky acting)

Late but where in the world is this gif from. Looks good.

I just realized that's the reference poogers put in his TftB S2 trailer.

A few months late, but I finally got it, @Poogers555.

From what I could find of movies directed by Ben Stiller and written by Justin Theroux, my best guess is credits from the film Tropic Thunde

• You are now a 100% certified cool guy.

Pipas posted: »

... I just realized that's the reference poogers put in his TftB S2 trailer. A few months late, but I finally got it, @Poogers555.

• Whoa. Can you loan me your crystal ball, Poogs? Gotta see when my amazon package is going to arrive.

Gamers!!!

• Just pulled it up, and I deleted it from the system. That’s the benefit of working at Amazon, I can fuck with people’s orders.

Whoa. Can you loan me your crystal ball, Poogs? Gotta see when my amazon package is going to arrive.

Just pulled it up, and I deleted it from the system. That’s the benefit of working at Amazon, I can fuck with people’s orders.

• edited December 2020

Thanks Dave Grohl’s Satan from The Pick of Destiny, that means a lot coming from you.

lupinb0y posted: »

• me when vtest updates tomorrow but still nothing happens

• The cycle will never end.

• Sister recently played Tales from the Borderlands. She made this.

Happy holidays everyone!

• We will never learn what any of this was ever about.

4k60fpsHDR posted: »

bump

• edited December 2020

Lol. God, I hope you're wrong.

We will never learn what any of this was ever about.

Sign in to comment in this discussion.