TFTB returning to stores on February 17th for PC, PS4 and Xbox One - rated for Switch in Taiwan

1234568»

Comments

• Phew. Okay. It's not like they've been completely removed from the game. Still pretty sucky, but I understand from a legal perspective.

Poogers555 posted: »

The credits intro and regular still credit Telltale and they are still listed as the devs. But when you boot up the game nothing Telltale sh

• Maybe I'll try to download the re-release and see if I can spot some different stuff. Even if I can't, it still gives me a good excuse to replay this game.

• DeltinoDeltino Moderator
    edited February 2021

If any of you on here decide you want to download an older version of the game from before the Gearbox patch, download this file and put it in C:\Documents\Telltale Games\Tales From The Borderlands (or whatever your equivalent is, if you aren't using Windows)

That'll let you see choices, since Gearbox nuked the original file in the update. Like I said on the last page, this single file is literally the only thing keeping choices from appearing. Telltale's choice data is stored locally, if you can believe it. The problem is, ever since they went under, the games stopped automatically downloading the file containing that data. Meaning you have to do it manually.

Oh, and just a warning: if you do download an older or non-Steam version of the game, you might need to delete your existing save data to make it work. Seems all versions of the game use the same directory for save/choice data, and the Gearbox version does not seem to like the older versions. If there's a better way, I haven't quite figured it out yet.

And since I'm mentioning all this, let me do some shameless self promoting and post this Steam guide I made about this issue, including choice.prop files for TWD S3, S4, and Michonne, if anybody on here may need them.

Really, I still can't believe that choices being fucked was this easy to fix. One file, man. One file.

• Ok, maybe I am just deaf but is there a video that shows the difference of Zer0's voice between episode 1 and 5? Because after all these years, I still don't notice a difference.

Holy shit. Zer0's voice has been "fixed." Its still not correct but they lowered the pitch. Def an improvement. Actually its kind of h

• Zer0 in Episode 1:

Episode 5 before fix:

Zer0 in Ep 5 with fix:

AronDracula posted: »

Ok, maybe I am just deaf but is there a video that shows the difference of Zer0's voice between episode 1 and 5? Because after all these years, I still don't notice a difference.

• Ok, now I notice the difference. Maybe the reverb effect made it unnoticeable for me. Then again, I do not consider myself a Borderlands fan despite loving this game.

Zer0 in Episode 1: Episode 5 before fix: Zer0 in Ep 5 with fix:

• So... You say that TFTB has been updated, all Telltale logos and references in the main menu have been removed, and the credits have been altered?
    Can anyone confirm that this was pushed out to PS4 as well?

Because it hasn't for me. My game is still on 1.06, and there have been no new updates at all since I downloaded it back on in December.

• Alright, here. On initial boot up of my copy, as you can see, Telltale's logos are still intact, and the credits don't seem any longer than usual. (no updated copyrights either.)

I've mentioned this before, but for some reason my PS4 version of the game is different. For the longest time, even after Telltale closed, I was unable to re-download TFTB.
    I lost the picture, but my game icon showed up as the TFTB logo with an IGN accolade in front of it, with no option to redownload it. Most other people's icons were just the normal logo and were perfectly fine.
    I regained access to download it, (and the IGN logo was removed) sometime in December of last year. No idea why.

I guess this means I'll always have the broken Zer0 dialogue in Ep5 :cry:

AChicken posted: »

So... You say that TFTB has been updated, all Telltale logos and references in the main menu have been removed, and the credits have been al

• edited March 2021

@4k60fpsHDR
    was the switch seriously not able to run a 2014 telltale tool game?

Yikes. I feel like it definitely, definitely should, since I don't remember hearing of any similar issues with the Walking Dead S4, Batman and later Telltale titles ported to the Switch.

Maybe this is stemming from Gearbox/third-party port devs not understanding the Telltale Tool at all?
    Maybe they just ported over the Mobile version instead lol?

Alright, here. On initial boot up of my copy, as you can see, Telltale's logos are still intact, and the credits don't seem any longer than

• Think of it as a collector's edition :P

Alright, here. On initial boot up of my copy, as you can see, Telltale's logos are still intact, and the credits don't seem any longer than

• I think a full reinstall would probably fully update the game? Seems like you may be having some weird kind of account ownership problem though which may be why its only updated to the most recent Telltale patch. I mean might as well keep it this way as a relec.

• Maybe? Searching for a new update doesn't bring up anything. And like I said, my copy was in this weird unique limbo state. I must have a slightly different SKU of the game.
    (I got access to it through the Telltale Mega Bundle in early 2014 -- came with the Walking Dead S1+2, the Wolf Among Us, and Season Passes for Game of Thrones and TFTB, that had only just released.) Weird though, since my copy of the game still got updates at the same time as everyone else and I was always able to download new episodes on-time.

I'll try re-installing it again, but I doubt it'll do anything. I feel like if there was a way to force an update, I would have already triggered it. Anyway, this is a neat thing.

I think a full reinstall would probably fully update the game? Seems like you may be having some weird kind of account ownership problem tho

Sign in to comment in this discussion.