PayPal Refund Problem

edited July 2011 in Site Support
I didn't really know where to post this so i'll try it here.

Yesterday i got the message that the JP pre-order was refunded (service@paypal.com).

Now if i look at PayPal itself i can see the refund transaction been made. However there is no money on my PayPal for some reason. it just shows 0.00. Is this a delay between TellTale and PayPal or something else?
26 Apr 2011 Refund Completed ... $29,99 USD
26 Apr 2011 Currency Conversion Completed Details -$29,99 USD
26 Apr 2011 Currency Conversion Completed Details €21,05 EUR
26 Apr 2011 Temporary Hold Placed Details -€21,05 EUR

Now the last part i don't really understand "Temporary Hold" :confused:

Comments

• edited April 2011
    If the funds were withdrawn from a bank account, it takes 3-4 business days for the funds transfer to be complete. If the transaction is cancelled or refunded before the transfer is complete, the funds will be on hold. When the transfer from the bank account is complete, the funds will be credited to your PayPal account balance.

source:
    https://www.paypal-community.com/t5/How-to-use-PayPal/Temporary-Hold/m-p/593#M196
  • edited April 2011
    Check Paypal's help system for "on hold", its there for a reason :)
  • edited April 2011
    Its more confusing to me then it really gives me an answer..

Well its like this when i pre-ordered JP i had no balance on my PayPal it was directly taken from my bank-account (bank <> Paypal are connected in my case).

So what do i do now? just wait or something? Is the money going to be placed on my Paypal or do they put it back on my Bank Account? i just dont really get it.

And when i see the comments it seems that more people have that problem even longer then months!

Now worst case scenario for me i'll lose 21 euro's , no fun but no big deal either.. But just imagine people that get failed refunds of 1000's of dollars! wow.
  • edited April 2011
    UPDATE : i sended PayPal an email concerning this matter, it's solved now.

The problem was they were still in the process of getting the money of JP-PreOrder in the first place (because PayPal pays it for me at first and then they take the money from my bank) , that can take a few workdays.

After that the "Temporary Hold" will be gone and i will get the refund.
  • edited April 2011
    Do we know how long it will take for everyone to start getting refunds? Mine still hasn't happened yet.
  • Macfly77Macfly77 Moderator
    edited April 2011
    mateo360 wrote: »
    Do we know how long it will take for everyone to start getting refunds? Mine still hasn't happened yet.
    Amy is taking care of the refunds manually one by one, so you just have to be a little patient.

Source:
    Amy Lukima wrote: »
    Just wanted to give everyone an update on the processing of Jurassic Park refunds. I'm handling each one of these individually so it's going to take a little bit of time to get to refund everyone and email you with your gift code. If you've already gotten a refund but haven't received an email just yet don't worry. I have to take my time with each order to make sure your refund completes and you're properly assigned a gift code. It takes a little longer this way but we want to get it right for everyone the first time around.
  • edited July 2011
    Trackah123 wrote: »
    UPDATE : i sended PayPal an email concerning this matter, it's solved now.

The problem was they were still in the process of getting the money of JP-PreOrder in the first place (because PayPal pays it for me at first and then they take the money from my bank) , that can take a few workdays.

After that the "Temporary Hold" will be gone and i will get the refund.

Yes. Cuz its really works for the paypal but you can show the credit card numbers at http://www.darkcoding.net/credit-card-numbers/
This discussion has been closed.