Game literally will not run on macbook pro, but did before

edited September 2013 in Game Support

So i purchased this game on steam for $24.99, installed it and fired it right up. It ran fine but at certain spots would just freeze up for no reason, sometimes it would fix itself and run again, other times I would have to close the game and restart. So I thought maybe I'd try to uninstall it and then install it again. So I did that, and then when I try to start the game again it just brings up either my desktop background all jumbled up, or the steam library all jumbled up, but I can still hear the walking dead menu screen music in the background. I get no response no matter how long I wait, so I hit the escape key to close out, and at that moment, you can perfectly see the menu screen as it should be right before it closes. WTF!!!! help?!

Comments

• I should also add that my macbook has no problem running games like Left 4 Dead 2, The Witcher 1 and 2, Team Fortress 2, Psychonauts, Brutal Legend, Call of Duty, etc. Which leads me to believe it's something with the game but I don't know where to go to fix this. And I'd rather not just "not play" it considering I spent 25 bucks on it like 3 days ago.

• DjNDBDjNDB Moderator

Please try switching the game to windowed mode by pressing Command + F while the screen is jumbled up.

jahostetter posted: »

I should also add that my macbook has no problem running games like Left 4 Dead 2, The Witcher 1 and 2, Team Fortress 2, Psychonauts, Brutal L

This discussion has been closed.