Walking dead no account

edited September 2013 in Game Support

So I bought the walking dead and finished the game. I wanted to play again so when I restarted, I got a message stating no account has been found for this game. I logged on to tell tale. Restarted the game and still got the same message "no account found for this game". I checked my account and it shows I bought the game. Also, I looked during game startup if there was link to sign in. Nope

Comments

• Ditto for me. I last played in January. Tried again today and I get the same message.

• edited September 2013

found an answer to this. GO to start and type regedit.
    1.open up regedit
    2.do a search for telltale, keep pressing F3 (find next match) until you hit a key that looks like: Computer\HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Telltale Games
    3.in there you'll see a sub folder called Launcher
    4.within that are two keys named "login" and "pwd". delete these
    5.relaunch the app, re-enter your user and pass and be happy

OR GO TO HKEY/CURRENT USER/SOFTWARE/TELLTALE GAMES/ LAUNCHER..AND DELETE THE TWO FILES

ear8dmg posted: »

Ditto for me. I last played in January. Tried again today and I get the same message.

• DjNDBDjNDB Moderator
    edited September 2013

Here's an easier method:

First, open a command window.
    Windows XP: Go to your start menu and click on run. Type in "cmd" and press enter
    Windows Vista / 7: Press the Windows key. Type in "cmd" and press enter
    Windows 8: At the start screen, type in "cmd" and press enter

Then copy the command line below and paste it into the command window, press enter, and confirm the question:
    REG DELETE "HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Telltale Games\Launcher"

esco92 posted: »

found an answer to this. GO to start and type regedit. 1.open up regedit 2.do a search for telltale, keep pressing F3 (find next match) unt

This discussion has been closed.