Unable to Run Monkey Island

edited September 2013 in Game Support

I just downloaded Tales of Monkey Island from Steam after noticing that all 5 chapters were on sale. I got real excited, I haven't played these yet, all my friends and several reviewers swore by them, and I was looking forward to them. But for some reason after downloading and installing, the game simply wont run. I've tried different ways of startup and yet nothing, not a blip. I'm running a windows 8 I seriously hope that's not the issue. Any advice?

Comments

• I'd like to note that it appears to be working now, im not sure what changed, but its working.

• Ok i was wrong it worked for a little over an hour, then i logged off, now it wont start up again. I can't do what I did before because I did nothing that i can recall to make it work. I get no error messages, it wont start up when i try to launch it again a notification from steam pops up saying its already running. I check my active programs and apps from my task manager and nothing affiliated with the game or company name appears. Can i please get some help understanding this?

Diamon_Sven posted: »

I'd like to note that it appears to be working now, im not sure what changed, but its working.

• DjNDBDjNDB Moderator

Please post your dxdiag info.

dxdiag
    Windows XP: Go to your start menu and click on run. Type in "dxdiag" and hit enter
    Windows Vista / 7: Press the windows key on your keyboard or click on the start menu. Type in "dxdiag" and hit enter.
    Windows 8: At the start screen, type in "dxdiag" and hit enter

Now click on the button that says "save all information".
    It will prompt you to save a file. Save it where you can find it, and upload it to an instant filehoster and post the download link.

• DjNDB posted: »

Please post your dxdiag info. dxdiag Windows XP: Go to your start menu and click on run. Type in "dxdiag" and hit enter Windows Vista / 7

• DjNDBDjNDB Moderator

Please try unplugging your gamepad or any other non essential USB devices.

Diamon_Sven posted: »

can be found here http://wikisend.com/download/202070/DxDiag.txt

• that worked thanks for the help. i dont get why my gamepad interfered with it but its not as if i was using for MI any how thanks for the help

DjNDB posted: »

Please try unplugging your gamepad or any other non essential USB devices.

This discussion has been closed.