Game Choices Don't Carry Over

edited October 2013 in Game Support

Hi,
I'm playing The Walking Dead on a Mac. When I finish Episode 1, the choices I made in the game don't carry over to Episode 2 (characters I saved are now dead and others alive, etc.) If I 'rewind' and play a bit of Episode 1 to change this, it doesn't make a difference. Any help?

Comments

• Did you stay through the credits? I did that mistake once by quitting back to the main menu during the credits. For some reason this don't save the episode.

• I tried that, it didn't work. I deleted my most recent save files and went back and replayed the ending of episode 1, hoping that would help. Now it just freezes when Episode 2 tries to open. Any help? This is one glitchy game!

FreddeN93 posted: »

Did you stay through the credits? I did that mistake once by quitting back to the main menu during the credits. For some reason this don't save the episode.

• Also, I don't have steam

tytyokokok posted: »

I tried that, it didn't work. I deleted my most recent save files and went back and replayed the ending of episode 1, hoping that would help. Now it just freezes when Episode 2 tries to open. Any help? This is one glitchy game!

• DjNDBDjNDB Moderator

Deleting .save files from the savegame folder is not a good idea. It might break the way the game works, so if you still have them in the trash i suggest you restore them.

There might a better workaround though. Please follow the instructions to run the Support Tool and post the download link to the resulting "support_data_mac.zip" to your next reply in this thread.

tytyokokok posted: »

Also, I don't have steam

• I am encountering this same issue and it is most frustrating. I purchased your game specifically because I was enamored by the idea that my choices in the game would affect subsequent episode content, as boasted in your marketing. Please resolve this issue quickly, some of your customers are not getting what they paid for! Thank you for your time and prompt assistance.

• DjNDBDjNDB Moderator

If you post your support tool data I can take a look.

millierbmex posted: »

I am encountering this same issue and it is most frustrating. I purchased your game specifically because I was enamored by the idea that my ch

• DjNDB posted: »

If you post your support tool data I can take a look.

• DjNDBDjNDB Moderator
    edited October 2013

-rw-r--r-- 1 mildredbarriger staff 20K Oct 9 16:02 /Users/mildredbarriger/Library/Application Support/Telltale Games/TheWalkingDead/prefs.prop
    -rw-r--r-- 1 mildredbarriger admin 18K Oct 9 15:58 /Applications/TheWalkingDead.app/Contents/Resources/Pack/default/prefs.prop

You have 2 active prefs.prop files.

Please run this script to fix it. It will rename the prefs.prop in
    /Applications/TheWalkingDead.app/Contents/Resources/Pack/default/
    to deactivate it.

millierbmex posted: »

Thank you: http://www.sendspace.com/file/25hqf2

• Just popping in to note that using iFunBox, it's possible to do this manually to fix the issue on the iOS version by renaming the default prefs.prop file. The bug exists there as well. I almost wouldn't have noticed it if I hadn't chosen Doug, and the game clearly contradicts that as soon as I get to Episode 2. Might want to look into a fix for users who might not be comfortable digging in app innards with 3rd party programs.

DjNDB posted: »

-rw-r--r-- 1 mildredbarriger staff 20K Oct 9 16:02 /Users/mildredbarriger/Library/Application Support/Telltale Games/TheWalkingDead/pref

This discussion has been closed.