I would like my money back please

edited October 2013 in Game Support

Hello, I bought Poker Night 2 for the controller support. I enjoyed the first one but wanted to play the new one on my TV with a controller.

The game silently crashes when my Xbox controller is turned on. And then separately, when I would try to change the resolution the game kept crashing. I expect much better support for games than this. If the game was brand new I could maybe overlook these issues but I expected higher quality than this. How do I go about getting my money back?

Comments

• MattPMattP ModeratorFormer Telltale Staff

This issue should be resolved on Windows 8.1, which is slated for release later this month. There is also a user posted workaround on our forum that may work for you in the meantime.

• What is the user posted workaround?

MattP posted: »

This issue should be resolved on Windows 8.1, which is slated for release later this month. There is also a user posted workaround on our forum that may work for you in the meantime.

The thread can be found here: http://www.telltalegames.com/community/discussion/32372

Please keep in mind this is an unofficial, user posted solution. While this may work for you, we recommend waiting for Windows 8.1.

• Thanks

The thread can be found here: http://www.telltalegames.com/community/discussion/32372 Please keep in mind this is an unofficial, user posted solution. While this may work for you, we recommend waiting for Windows 8.1.

• I have tried this workaround and although it allows me to boot the game the analog sticks are not supported so the gamepad is useless. I would like to seek a refund as i am unable to play the game and the game was not sold to me as requiring Windows 8.1 support, otherwise i might have waited

• well mate the game WORKS just with keyboard and mouse,
    though id hate to agree with you that any game that says controller support but omits requirements for os's in the future updates should offer a refund or at least another game as a subtle second best option

i almost always use the mouse and keyboard on all TTG's
    though I can safely say I wish i did have a controller for some,

did u get it sorted mate? on win8? if not msg me I can try to help
    same wtih u davvyk
    or just post here let me know and ill keep an eye out for it

We officially support Xbox wired controllers. Poker Night 2 is not officially supported on Windows 8, only 7, Vista, and XP. While it will work on Windows 8, controller support was not added to the OS until the 8.1 update.

• DjNDBDjNDB Moderator

There are multiple different dinput8.dlls in that thread, and not all of them work fully. The one that works is linked in the support FAQ.

davvyk posted: »

I have tried this workaround and although it allows me to boot the game the analog sticks are not supported so the gamepad is useless. I would

• still team had this issue selling products saying they were win 732 and 64 bit compat as well as win 8 compat when it was games like GTA4 which never existed when new os's were made
    so recently valve changed all sales fronts to state the proper os's WITH warnings if the game wont work or has issues with anything even a controller on any os

this would mean TTG if folllowing suit should say NOT win 8 compat, but works on win 8 just like everything else does, poorly lol
    even with that update as a tech (not working for TTG) id recommend getting rid of win 8

or just update and problem fixed mate

but money back? eh.. just id like to see warnings about these things before I buy, but thats why they have support so you can ask before you buy! :P

gl let me know if u still have this controller issue or same paradigm after the os update

We officially support Xbox wired controllers. Poker Night 2 is not officially supported on Windows 8, only 7, Vista, and XP. While it will work on Windows 8, controller support was not added to the OS until the 8.1 update.

• where did all the comments go?

This discussion has been closed.