Where are my decisions from Season 1 and 400 Days?

edited December 2013 in Game Support

So I bought Season 2 not over Steam, but over TellTale to support them.
I got the other ones over steam and didn't think about my saves.
Am I effed here, because I got Season 1 and 400 days for Steam and this one not?
It would suck not to have the decisions, because I didn't buy it over steam :(

Comments

• TelltaleMikeTelltaleMike Former Telltale Staff

Your save games should still work with your non-Steam version. If you are having save troubles, please make sure the Season1 save data is in the proper file location for your computer to locate it.

If on PC:

Copying the prefs.prop and all .save files from
    %PUBLIC%\Documents\Telltale Games\The Walking Dead\

to

%USERPROFILE%\Documents\Telltale Games\The Walking Dead\
    should let season 2 find your savegames.

If on Mac:

~/Library/Application Support/ Telltale Games/TheWalkingDead and do the same thing.

Make sure you choose to overwrite the existing prefs.prop. file.

• edited December 2013

There is nothing in the public folder. For those with the steam version of season 1. This prefs.prop file is located in steamapps>common>Walking dead>pack>default

But copying this over did not do anything for me either.

Do you know what folder exactly season 2 uses to retrieve the saves? Because when I start a game in season 2 it just says unable to find season 1 saves. There is a folder in my documents folder for season 1, right there with season 2.

Your save games should still work with your non-Steam version. If you are having save troubles, please make sure the Season1 save data is in t

• Same issue here. I have Season 1 on Steam, and I bought Season 2 on GMG. I found the .save files and prefs.prop files in my public folder, but the game does not load them.

Your save games should still work with your non-Steam version. If you are having save troubles, please make sure the Season1 save data is in t

• If your saves aren't being recognized just try to press "play now" and then go back to the menu, after five or six times the load-save screen appeared to me.

• tronixtronix Telltale Alumni

Since you've located your save games from Season 1, you should simply need to copy those saves into a location where Season 2 will look for them. That will always be a Telltale Games folder

PC:
    C:\Users\Username\Documents\Telltale Games\WalkingDead
    Mac:
    ~/Library/Application Support/ Telltale Games/TheWalkingDead

On PC, Documents may be My Documents depending on your windows version and if you run either game in a compatibility mode. The game is expecting a folder for Season 1 saves to be next to the folder for the Season 2 saves within the Telltale Games folder.

Same issue here. I have Season 1 on Steam, and I bought Season 2 on GMG. I found the .save files and prefs.prop files in my public folder, but the game does not load them.

• My saves arn't crossing over no matter what I do :/
    I've tried putting the saves into my E:/Documents/TelltaleGames/WalkingDead and my C:/Users/Username/Documents/TelltaleGames/WalkingDead and nothing is seeming to work.

When you install Season 2 a save directory is created. Usually here - C:\Users\Username\Documents\Telltale Games\The Walking Dead Season Two.

As long as you can find the Telltale Games folder that contains a The Walking Dead Season Two folder, placing The Walking Dead folder with Season 1 save games into that telltale folder next to the Season 2 folder is where the game should be looking for your Season 1 save files.

• MattPMattP ModeratorFormer Telltale Staff

This is not where your saves should be on Steam. They should always be in the Documents folder and never in the install directory. If you moved your saves to this folder, please move them to the proper save directory or they will not be read by Season 2.

There is nothing in the public folder. For those with the steam version of season 1. This prefs.prop file is located in steamapps>common>

• Hmm...that's the way mine is setup but it only recognized one playthrough and it only listed Episode 1 as completed.

tronix posted: »

When you install Season 2 a save directory is created. Usually here - C:\Users\Username\Documents\Telltale Games\The Walking Dead Season Two.

• edited December 2013

[EDIT] Turn out all is fine i was not patient enough and the game found the saves later as i actually started playing :)

I have the files under ~/Library/Application Support/ Telltale Games/TheWalkingDead on a mac and the Season 2 does not detect them (i have a lock icon on My Choices in game menu). The season 1 was bought on Steam and Season 2 from TTG.

• Where does it list what you have completed? My save is in the right spot but when I click my choices its locked.

• Putting the saves in the other folder didn't help, they were already the same. Game registers my completed Season 1, but doesn't register 400 days. Need help, this really hinders my enjoyment of the game :/

• Do you all really start a game (choosing Play+Start)?
    Because I first thought too, that the choises/ old savegames are missing, but when I finally start playing e1, the game gave me a message, that there were found s1 choises and I had to choose from which old savegame I want to load them.
    After playing a few minutes I went back to main menü and "my choises" were unlocked. But you will only see the choises of the new season there.

• Pretty sure most of us do, yeah. Like I said, I get the 1st Season, but not 400 days.

Blindoldman posted: »

Do you all really start a game (choosing Play+Start)? Because I first thought too, that the choises/ old savegames are missing, but when I fi

• I got the same issue, even tried moving the files back and forth between the telltale and the steam folder, nothing helped.

hosen17 posted: »

Putting the saves in the other folder didn't help, they were already the same. Game registers my completed Season 1, but doesn't register 400 days. Need help, this really hinders my enjoyment of the game

• In case a mod ever comes back, here is my file from the support tool: http://www.sendspace.com/file/bgpwpi

DennisFlux posted: »

I got the same issue, even tried moving the files back and forth between the telltale and the steam folder, nothing helped.

• DjNDBDjNDB Moderator
    edited December 2013

If anyone in here still has savegame import issues on PC or Mac, please post the requested info in this thread so I can try to help efficiently.

• Season 2 can't find my saves from s1 or 400 days. i play on my ipad, but don't want to play without my saves from the previous games. I hope there will be a patch soon.

For your Season 1 saves to be found on an iOS device, first you will need to have the saves on the device. If you never un-installed Episode 1, or if you are able to restore your save files from a backup, then your saves should be detectable. Secondly, you will need to update the Season 1 App. Your app store app on your iOS device is where you do that.

With Season 2 installed, when you go to start a new game, you will be prompted to import your save choices from Season 1. Saying yes will cause Season 1 to briefly load while the save information is grabbed. Only completed episode saves will be detected and you will be given the option of which save slot from Season 1 to import.

• Well, I tried everything written here; found Telltale folders, copied the saved files here-there-here-again and... nada. Very disappointed and annoyed. :/ Any other advice? Thanks!

• DjNDBDjNDB Moderator

Please follow the instructions to run the TWD Support Tool and post the download link to the resulting "TWD_support_data_pc.zip" or "TWD_support_data_mac.zip" to your next reply in this thread.

Willykat posted: »

Well, I tried everything written here; found Telltale folders, copied the saved files here-there-here-again and... nada. Very disappointed and annoyed. Any other advice? Thanks!

• This actually WORKS!
    I had to do it a couple of times and then the game found my old saves.

xdavidx posted: »

If your saves aren't being recognized just try to press "play now" and then go back to the menu, after five or six times the load-save screen appeared to me.

• My game had no problem FINDING my saves, and is supposedly using them, but my choices from Season 1 have been completely randomized going into Season 2. Oh joy >_>

• DjNDBDjNDB Moderator

Does it still show the correct stats for these decisions in season 1?

Asaia posted: »

My game had no problem FINDING my saves, and is supposedly using them, but my choices from Season 1 have been completely randomized going into Season 2. Oh joy >_>

• Yep, checked all five episodes and 400 Days - stats are correct.

DjNDB posted: »

Does it still show the correct stats for these decisions in season 1?

• Season 2 can't located my season 1 game. What do I do and how?!! Please helpmeeeee

• DjNDBDjNDB Moderator
    edited December 2013

If you're on PC or Mac, please follow the instructions to run the TWD Support Tool and post the download link to the resulting "TWD_support_data_pc.zip" or "TWD_support_data_mac.zip" to your next reply in this thread.

MissTiff posted: »

Season 2 can't located my season 1 game. What do I do and how?!! Please helpmeeeee

• i have the WD season 1 on pc and season 2 on ipad. any chances that i get my choices importet?

Unfortunately, save games from separate platforms are incompatible with each other. I apologize for the inconvenience.

Wulf3010 posted: »

i have the WD season 1 on pc and season 2 on ipad. any chances that i get my choices importet?

• I UN installed season 1 and then installed again. Can I retrieve again?

• Here's my info. Really hope this gets fixed because I was thoroughly enjoying the game, and the inability to continue on with my choices intact completely removes that enjoyment.

http://www.sendspace.com/file/rehbe0

• DjNDBDjNDB Moderator

Please rename the prefs.prop in
    C:\Users\Kyle\Documents\Telltale Games\the walking dead
    to prefs.prop.bak to deactivate it.

Then move the prefs.prop from
    C:\Games\Steam\steamapps\common\The Walking Dead\Pack\default
    to
    C:\Users\Kyle\Documents\Telltale Games\the walking dead

Killtrox posted: »

Here's my info. Really hope this gets fixed because I was thoroughly enjoying the game, and the inability to continue on with my choices intact completely removes that enjoyment. http://www.sendspace.com/file/rehbe0

• This worked. Thank you!

DjNDB posted: »

Please rename the prefs.prop in C:\Users\Kyle\Documents\Telltale Games\the walking dead to prefs.prop.bak to deactivate it. Then move the

Unfortunately, your save files are located in the game's file directory, if you uninstall the game your game saves are uninstalled with it, unless you backed them up to another folder before uninstalling the game. I apologize for the inconvenience.

I UN installed season 1 and then installed again. Can I retrieve again?

• I just finished episode 1 from season 1. I purchased and installed 2-5 and 400 days but when I begin to start episode 2 it's not starting where I left off on the first episode. Please help!!!!!!

Please make sure that when you are continuing from your last save, that you are selecting the right save slot. If you have just completed Episode 1 and are selecting Episode 2, please note that the episode does start off 3 months after the first episode ends.

I just finished episode 1 from season 1. I purchased and installed 2-5 and 400 days but when I begin to start episode 2 it's not starting where I left off on the first episode. Please help!!!!!!

• My saved game from Season 1 and 400 Days have completely vanished. Awesome... -__-

Can you please clarify which platform you are playing on? PC, Mac, or console? You may just need to move files from one directory to another if you are on a computer.

pocomapache posted: »

My saved game from Season 1 and 400 Days have completely vanished. Awesome... -__-

• Hi I just joined the community, I have a question:
    I bought the first season of the walking dead + 400 days some months ago, played it, but then deleted it. Now I got it again and also played it again, because its a great game and because i bought season 2 and wanted to import my decisions and save game. All of this was done on an Ipad 2 with the latest ios and the latest updates of the two walking dead games. But it doesnt import the savegame from season 1 to season 2. When it asks to import the savegame I can click ok and it switches to the first WD season. Then i get the logo for a couple of seconds on my screen and its switching back to season 2 saying it would be unable to import a savegame and if i would like to buy season 1 although i already have it on my ipad 2.
    Is there some solution for this issue? Help would be appreciated :)

Please read over this forum FAQ on how to import saves, as the answer for your issue may lie here:

http://www.telltalegames.com/community/discussion/53666/season-2-save-import-faq-please-read

If none of the suggestions on this page work, please respond and I will try to assist you further. I apologize for the inconvenience.

Masterchief posted: »

Hi I just joined the community, I have a question: I bought the first season of the walking dead + 400 days some months ago, played it, but

This discussion has been closed.