Still Unable To Get Into The Game

edited December 2013 in Game Support

I am still getting login errors, unable to connect to the server. Why do you even build this game where you have to login? What happened to games that you just install from your disk and bam you begin playing. Electronic Arts, Telltale, Blizzard (Diablo 3), have you not learned your lessons yet when you build these games and you want it to be online, you plan for a lot of people to connect. Seriously you need to fire your QA group and the group that does your capacity planning, because they all suck. A multimillion dollar operation and you mean to tell me you can't hire people who knows their networking stuff. Get it together Telltale, if I was the CEO I would be very pissed that this game should of went thru a more QA instead of rushed out the door. The Creators or Watch Dog is about the ONLY company that saw a need to push their date back and do more testing to get the bugs out and bring out a good product.
This is pure unacceptable. More testing should of been done than to rush out a broken product. I know I only spent $22.00 But I need a working product that I paid for.
So when can we expect these setbacks to be corrected so we can all enjoy this game?

Comments

• Posting this in a couple threads in case it helps someone:

I found a solution. Run Regedit (type into the start menu). Then navigate to hkey_current_user --> software --> Telltale Games. You should see a folder called launcher. Delete that entire folder, then restart the game.

• I tried it and it still did not work. the same login error.

bobkuna posted: »

Posting this in a couple threads in case it helps someone: I found a solution. Run Regedit (type into the start menu). Then navigate to hke

• Awesome someone in the same situation as me, I did the deleting launcher folder thing, and I am still getting the same error again

deaddragon posted: »

I tried it and it still did not work. the same login error.

• I have found a solution to the login error. I disabled my firewall and was able to play the game. So try disabling your firewall or adding WalkingDead2.exe to your firewall exception list and that should do the trick. I hope this helps. Please give thumbs up or reply if this works for you so others will know.

• I've had the game for a week and everytime I load it up I get "Can't communicate with Telltale Servers" WTF is going on? I haven't even been able to play a game I paid for months ago.

• This worked for me in combination with another fix suggested by Bigpsycho in this Thread

Run Regedit (type into the start menu). Then navigate to hkey_current_user --> software --> Telltale Games. You should see a folder called launcher. Delete that entire folder, then restart the game.

byrds0328 posted: »

I have found a solution to the login error. I disabled my firewall and was able to play the game. So try disabling your firewall or adding Wal

This discussion has been closed.