TWD Season 1 Unable to load Episode 3

edited January 2014 in Game Support

After just completing Episode 2, the game lists all episodes as coming soon even though I have all 5 episodes and the 400 Days add on pack. I am unable to progress through the story and even if I quit the game and rejoin, it reloads the last bit of episode 2 for me to just play it all over again to the end and the problem persists.

I have included all my save files and TWD tool report here. http://www.sendspace.com/file/c7fdhj

Please help. This is getting very frustrating.

Comments

• DjNDBDjNDB Moderator

Please rename the prefs.prop in each of these folders to prefs.prop.bak to deactivate it.

/Users/iMac/Library/Application Support/Steam/SteamApps/common/The Walking Dead/TheWalkingDead.app/Contents/Resources/Pack/default/

/Users/iMac/Library/Application Support/Steam/SteamApps/common/The Walking Dead/TheWalkingDead.app/Contents/Resources/Pack/WalkingDead102/

/Users/iMac/Library/Application Support/Steam/SteamApps/common/The Walking Dead/TheWalkingDead.app/Contents/Resources/Pack/WalkingDead103/

You can navigate to each folder by starting Finder, and selecting "Go/Go to Folder..." from the menu or pressing CMD-SHIFT-G, and pasting the path into it.

• This just made me lose my entire Episode 2 progress.

Sigh.. I guess i'll have to play again and pray when I hit episode 3 there will be no issues?

DjNDB posted: »

Please rename the prefs.prop in each of these folders to prefs.prop.bak to deactivate it. /Users/iMac/Library/Application Support/Steam/Ste

• DjNDBDjNDB Moderator

My bad, that should be easily fixable though.

Please rename the prefs.prop in
    /Users/iMac/Library/Application Support/Telltale Games/TheWalkingDead
    to prefs.prop.orig to deactivate it.

Then move the prefs.prop.bak from
    /Users/iMac/Library/Application Support/Steam/SteamApps/common/The Walking Dead/TheWalkingDead.app/Contents/Resources/Pack/WalkingDead102/
    to
    /Users/iMac/Library/Application Support/Telltale Games/TheWalkingDead
    and rename it to prefs.prop

Kalguraz posted: »

This just made me lose my entire Episode 2 progress. Sigh.. I guess i'll have to play again and pray when I hit episode 3 there will be no issues?

• hello
    diana from Slovakia, pc Windows 7
    i have similar problems with game...i have this with any episody, not only with ep.3. When i start save data there are only old ones and not my very last save. Ihave tried what you mentioned but i didnt work..coz when i look in file:
    Users/iMac/Library/Application Support/Steam/SteamApps/common/The Walking Dead/TheWalkingDead.app/Contents/Resources/Pack/WalkingDead102

theres is not a data with name: prefs.prop.bak...what can i do?? i buight all two games from you and cant play it:/

My bad, that should be easily fixable though. Please rename the prefs.prop in /Users/iMac/Library/Application Support/Telltale Games/TheWa

• It worked! Thank you!

My bad, that should be easily fixable though. Please rename the prefs.prop in /Users/iMac/Library/Application Support/Telltale Games/TheWa

• DjNDBDjNDB Moderator

The savegame system is a bit convoluted and every solution is individual for the specific circumstances.

Please follow the instructions to run the TWD Support Tool and post the download link to the resulting "TWD_support_data_pc.zip" or "TWD_support_data_mac.zip" to your next reply in this thread.

deedeedeee posted: »

hello diana from Slovakia, pc Windows 7 i have similar problems with game...i have this with any episody, not only with ep.3. When i start

• I'm having similar problems. The game was working fine, but a few minutes into Chapter 3 and it crashed to desktop. After that, the game wouldn't load the chapter anymore. It just goes to a black screen with my mouse floating there.
    Starting a new game and going to that chapter works fine, but I'd really like to have my saves with me and not have to start over.
    Anyway, here is the link to my support data.
    https://www.dropbox.com/s/fcalgeah0a7zbik/TWD_support_data_pc.zip

The savegame system is a bit convoluted and every solution is individual for the specific circumstances. Please follow the instructions to

• DjNDBDjNDB Moderator

I don't see anything unusual at first sight. Does it still show the correct stats for episode 1 and 2?
    Does it work if you rewind 1 or 2 chapters or replay the end of episode 2?

IrishPub posted: »

I'm having similar problems. The game was working fine, but a few minutes into Chapter 3 and it crashed to desktop. After that, the game would

This discussion has been closed.