Walking Dead Season 2, still won't connect

edited December 2013 in Game Support

This is starting to get on my nerves, I am still getting a "Can't communicate to Telltale servers" error, and I tried everything from re installing the game, to using the cmd trick i saw on these forums, I also sent an email to support about this problem yesterday, still no response, good to know that pre-ordering a game means that you still can't even play it yet, knowing that steam users are having no problem what so ever.
For goodness sake, please, either give me a steam key or a refund, I believe you guys are normally able to generate steam keys without a problem, for free too...

Comments

• This is crazy. I thought I'd leave the game alone for a day so that this would get fixed (because hey, of course the servers are getting hammered). Still nothing. This is the last game I ever pre-order; thanks Telltale!

• Wished I waited for Steam instead of rushing ;(

• For those of you like me that were not getting an option to log in and would get this message once you clicked start I have found a solution. If you can still get into Walking Dead Season one and it asks you to log in, log in there. Then quit season one of walking dead and start walking dead season 2. Works like a charm for me

• This worked perfectly for me. Really saved my sanity. Thank you!

Dameon2k posted: »

For those of you like me that were not getting an option to log in and would get this message once you clicked start I have found a solution.

• Yeah! Smart solution, thanks.

Dameon2k posted: »

For those of you like me that were not getting an option to log in and would get this message once you clicked start I have found a solution.

• That didn't work for me, unfortunately. I'm not sure if the issue is supposed to be fixed by now, but for me it isn't. :(

• edited December 2013

Hey don't you worry, I'm in the same boat, I cant connect and I've tried everything.
    I'll tell you if I find anything

Huntress posted: »

That didn't work for me, unfortunately. I'm not sure if the issue is supposed to be fixed by now, but for me it isn't.

• me too :-(

• merhaba ben türkiyeden ben oyunu satın aldım ama oyunu açamıyorum e mail istiyor giriyorum kabul etmiyor yeniden satın alın diyor
    lütfen yardım

• Same problem here. And as a note, Steam is being completely useless lately. It won't even install games. So I wouldn't assume Steam users are better off. :(

• my game isnt working, same issue, where do i go to get a refund on a faulty product?

• can't connect...am sad...this was supposed to be my christmas gift :(

• i tried this and it worked for me ....even took my 400 days save game :)

Run Regedit (type into the start menu). Then navigate to hkey_current_user --> software --> Telltale Games. You should see a folder called launcher. Delete that entire folder, then restart the game.

• Oh crap! Totally worked! I bought this game like a week ago and have yet to be able to play it. It's a Christmas miracle! Thanks.

Bigpsycho posted: »

i tried this and it worked for me ....even took my 400 days save game Run Regedit (type into the start menu). Then navigate to hkey_curren

• Bigpsycho öyle bir şey yok bende baktım başka yol varmı?

• I bought the season pass now how do I play the game? It says downloaded but the game isn't unlocked!

• Nice, this did the job for me as well. Thank you.

i tried this and it worked for me ....even took my 400 days save game Run Regedit (type into the start menu). Then navigate to hkey_curren

• If i delete the folder I go back to regedit and its still there, I would delete the contents but it warns me that it may cause game instability, Should I proceed?

• Has anyone received advice concerning how to remedy the access problem with the game..this is crazy! Refund please

• Santa, is it really you?

Kept thinking it was on my end and nothing seemed to work...was about to reinstall windows!

Thanks!

• edited December 2013

Bigpsycho's fix works!

Here's the fix step-by-step, but BE VERY CAREFUL IF YOU ARE A VIRGIN TO REGISTRY EDIT!!!!

Now find and open "Run" in the start menu, or search and open on the Windows 8 side menu

Type "regedit" into the text box.

Click OK

A window titled "Registry Editor" will open.

Look for "HKEY_CURRENT_USER" in the left column, click on the small triangle to expand it.

Find the folder "Software" underneath, expand it.

Find the folder "TelltaleGames" under that and expand.

Find the folder named "Launcher"

Right click on the folder

Select delete

Now close the "Registry Editor" window and forget it even exists! :)

Restart game.

Diamond50 posted: »

Has anyone received advice concerning how to remedy the access problem with the game..this is crazy! Refund please

• Thank you so much! works like a charm.

• This worked for me and it was super easy to do! Thank you so much! I wish I could buy you a beer!

• Mega Multi Pack Provider Name: Telltale Games Track IDs: [] Purchase Date : 2013-12-07 07:32:37 Etc/GMT Purchase Device : iPad Comments : I purchased _ played this game frequently , but now I can not access it
    December 22, 2013 12:38 PM TWD season 1

• Pure genius. <3

• i have the same problem makes you wonder if telltale games even care i per-ordered so they have my money now :( AHHHHHHHHH i want to play my game I DO I DO I DO

• edited December 2013

I managed to get in, user error in my case, was trying to login with my email rather than my username, doh, sorry for me previous rant (now redacted)

• I have found a solution to the login error. I disabled my firewall and was able to play the game. So try disabling your firewall or adding WalkingDead2.exe to your firewall exception list and that should do the trick. I hope this helps. Please give thumbs up or reply if this works for you so others will know.

• Thank you.That did the trick and your detailed directions were appreciated.

scddcs posted: »

Bigpsycho's fix works! Here's the fix step-by-step, but BE VERY CAREFUL IF YOU ARE A VIRGIN TO REGISTRY EDIT!!!! Now find and open "Run"

• hayır işe yaramadı başka seçenek varmı

• arkadaşlar bu oyun email deyip duruyor nasıl bu konuyu aşacağım yardım edin
    email imi giriyorum iptal ediyor kabul etmiyor
    yardım

• 01JAN2014 and still can't communicate with server! This is SO annoying! And no info from Telltale whatsoever...

• Telltale support have been useless. The steps describes by scddcs worked for me, but only after I first ran Season One and logged in successfully using that game. I then ran regedit to remove the launcher folder. Once I'd done this, I then got a login prompt when I restarted Season Two and managed to authenticate OK.

Would be nice if Telltale properly tested such a critical part of their software.

• Something that worked for me was logging in here and then starting the game. Try that if you still haven't gotten it to work, though I imagine you probably have by now.

Perrbear posted: »

Hey don't you worry, I'm in the same boat, I cant connect and I've tried everything. I'll tell you if I find anything

• Lovely. Tried the REGEDIT; tried disabling firewall; tried disabling virus software. Tried Logging into Season 1 first and then Season 2. I am STILL getting the "Cannot Connect to Telltale Servers" error. I put in an e-mail to Telltale support and haven't heard back. Just freaking lovely.

I don't think it's too much to ask that I be able to play the game I purchased...

• It works!!! Awesome Thanks!

Huntress posted: »

Something that worked for me was logging in here and then starting the game. Try that if you still haven't gotten it to work, though I imagine you probably have by now.

• I did every thing in your comments but it didn't work
    can't log in :(

• It says log in i cant my favorit game it makes me want to cry help pleas

• TelltaleMikeTelltaleMike Former Telltale Staff

If you are still receiving the Telltale server connection error, and the registry deletion method did not work, please make sure your password ONLY contains a-z, A-Z, and 0-9 and no other characters. If you have an " or \ or any non-ASCII characters in your password, please login to your account on our website and change your password.

Also, please make sure you are using the correct username/email and password. You can verify this information by logging into your account on our website. Please also note that your login credentials are case sensitive.

If you have any internet firewalls, or antivirus programs enabled, please make sure that they are allowing the game to communicate with our servers, as this may be blocking your computer from properly receiving any updates or patches.

• As telltaleMike said about making sure the game is enabled with ani-virus software and firewall Also try using both your usename and your email to login because for me I couldn't log in with my username but I was able to log in using my email.

This discussion has been closed.