iPad users: TWD Season 1 save not located by S2

edited December 2013 in Game Support

Has anyone managed to get Season 2 to locate season 1? I refuse to start the game until this is solved.

Comments

• TelltaleMikeTelltaleMike Former Telltale Staff

Can you please clarify where you are encountering the issue? Have you hit Play yet? Your choices will not import until you hit Play and go to the next screen. If you have, and they aren't being found, do you still have Season One downloaded on your iPad?

• My iPod touch 5 can't find a season 1 save when using season two and i finished all the episodes

Can you please clarify where you are encountering the issue? Have you hit Play yet? Your choices will not import until you hit Play and go to

• I have the same problem on iPad 2. I have Season One downloaded and completed (including 400 days), but every time I try starting a new game in Season Two I get the message "Unable to find a save". Like javb15, I'd rather not start Season Two with randomly generated choices.

• I am having the same problem! I hit play and pick the save file I want then it says season 2 can import the choices from season one it will automatically import the save file from season one then I hit ok and it opens the season one app displays the opening screen of season one then goes back the the season 2 app and says unable to find save files and asks if I want to play season 2 or buy season one and I don't want to play season 2 with out my saved files from season one. Would really like your help so I can play it

• Updating Season One fixed the issue for me.

edited December 2013

You may just need to update Season One app to the latest version. A second suggestion another user has stated that they got it to work by opening the Season One app, and then opening the Season Two app. That way the Season One app is already preloaded for the Season Two app to read the saves. This may work for you as well as it seems you are experiencing a similar issue.

I am having the same problem! I hit play and pick the save file I want then it says season 2 can import the choices from season one it will au

If you can, please try following the steps in my comment about 3 posts down on this page, and see if that helps you with your issue.

"You may just need to update Season One app to the latest version. A second suggestion another user has stated that they got it to work by opening the Season One app, and then opening the Season Two app. That way the Season One app is already preloaded for the Season Two app to read the saves. This may work for you as well as it seems you are experiencing a similar issue."

Ntipun posted: »

My iPod touch 5 can't find a season 1 save when using season two and i finished all the episodes

• Thank you so much!! Updating also solved the issue for me!

You're welcome, enjoy the game!

javb15 posted: »

Thank you so much!! Updating also solved the issue for me!

• Hi telltale,

I've the same problem but I've tried to start walking dead s1 follow by s2 but it still unable to find my save files.
    I believe my walking dead s1 is up to date cause there is no update choices for me on iTunes. Please help! I've replayed the whole s1 and 400days just so I can link up with s2

Can you please clarify what device you are playing on? To make sure you have the latest update for Season 1, please open the App Store app, and go to the Updates tab on the bottom of the screen. If you see the Walking Dead Season 1 App on the list, it should be Version 1.6. If it is a lower version number than that, you will need to hit the Update button and it will update the app for you. Then try importing your saves again.

Hi telltale, I've the same problem but I've tried to start walking dead s1 follow by s2 but it still unable to find my save files. I belie

• Hi I'm using ipad mini. I've already checked my App Store/ Update tab but I don't see walking dead on the list.

Can you please clarify what device you are playing on? To make sure you have the latest update for Season 1, please open the App Store app, an

Is your iPad updated to iOS 6.0 or later? When you start up Season 2, do you hit the 'Play' button, and then proceed to the Save Import screen? If not, please make sure you are successfully able to get to the Save Import screen.

If none of these suggestions seem to fix your issue, please read through this FAQ on importing your saves on an iOS device here:

http://www.telltalegames.com/community/discussion/53666/season-2-save-import-faq-please-read

Hi I'm using ipad mini. I've already checked my App Store/ Update tab but I don't see walking dead on the list.

• I'm having the same issue with my ipad mini.
    Running io7, everything fully updated.

When I begin episode one in season 2, I'm prompted to load my save file from Season 1. I hit Ok.
    The season one load screen comes up for about 10-15 seconds and then returns to the season two save loading screen with an error message saying no save game data was located.

Please help.

Is your iPad updated to iOS 6.0 or later? When you start up Season 2, do you hit the 'Play' button, and then proceed to the Save Import screen

Have you deleted your Season One app at all since you played through the game? Your save games are located in the base app (Episode 1) and if you delete the app your save games will be deleted with it.

If that is not the case, have you gone through all of the steps in the FAQ on importing your saves that I provided above?

The underlying issue may also be solved by updating both of your apps to the latest version. (Season One is Version 1.6)

Autobahner posted: »

I'm having the same issue with my ipad mini. Running io7, everything fully updated. When I begin episode one in season 2, I'm prompted to

• That's what "everything fully updated" means; I'm running the newest version.
    I followed all the steps... yes.
    No, I have not deleted the game. The save file is still visible in the season one app.

Have you deleted your Season One app at all since you played through the game? Your save games are located in the base app (Episode 1) and if

Please make sure you are getting all of the in-app updates/patches. To do this, when you start the game connected to the internet, you will reach a black screen. This screen is even before the Skybound splash screen. If you are connected to the internet, this screen should last anywhere from 30 seconds to 2-3 minutes as it installs any new patches. (Depending on your internet connection.) Please do this with both Season One and Season Two, to ensure that your apps are receiving the latest patch data from the servers.

That's what "everything fully updated" means; I'm running the newest version. I followed all the steps... yes. No, I have not deleted the game. The save file is still visible in the season one app.

• Still no luck. I've run into a similar problem before and wondering if it's not the same issue.
    Did you guys actually TEST the game on EVERY piece of hardware?
    I'm wondering if booting the two games simultaneously is beyond the processing and RAM capabilities of the original ipad mini. Pure conjecture though, of course. All I know, is that this is super disappointing because I was a huge fan of the first game and I really don't want to play season 2 with random choices.

Please make sure you are getting all of the in-app updates/patches. To do this, when you start the game connected to the internet, you will re

• I got it to work! Well... It worked anyway.
    I figured I'd go ahead and start a random game until we figured this out, so I selected the second save slot to begin the game. When I selected slot two in the Season 2 app, it was able to locate the save file for Season 1.

So... If it can't locate the save file when it auto loads to slot one, tell people to manually select the 2nd slot like I did.

Still no luck. I've run into a similar problem before and wondering if it's not the same issue. Did you guys actually TEST the game on EVER

• See above fix! Ya know what... I'll make a new post.

Thank you for the information, I'm glad that worked for you. Enjoy the game!

I got it to work! Well... It worked anyway. I figured I'd go ahead and start a random game until we figured this out, so I selected the secon

This discussion has been closed.