Season 2 importing incorrect choices from Season 1

edited January 2014 in Game Support

So I know this has been addressed a few times but I haven't found a solution that's worked for me yet...

When I start up Season 2 and import my saves, the choices I've made show incorrectly in the recap.

The recap shows that I killed everyone at the farm, which I did the opposite of, and it shows that I attacked the guy at the end who kidnapped Clem which again I did the opposite of.

I was wondering if there was some sort of fix I could try for this?

Comments

• DjNDBDjNDB Moderator

Does it still show the correct stats for every episode when you load season 1?

If it's on PC or Mac, please follow the instructions to run the TWD Support Tool and post the download link to the resulting "TWD_support_data_pc.zip" or "TWD_support_data_mac.zip" to your next reply in this thread.

• So it looks as if all my stats are there and good except for episodes 1-3 of Season 1. I wonder if this is because I had to restore my saves because I had the glitch where it corrupted my saves.

Anyway here is the file from the Support Tool, and thank you for your response!

http://www.sendspace.com/file/dmzc79

• DjNDBDjNDB Moderator

Without the stats being there season 1 doesn't have the choices stored, so season 2 can't find them either.

If you describe what exactly you did with the saves I can figure out if they can be restored.

Zoeyy posted: »

So it looks as if all my stats are there and good except for episodes 1-3 of Season 1. I wonder if this is because I had to restore my saves b

• I don't remember 100% unfortunately... I just remember that I had gotten that corrupted file bug and I found a fix online...

I think I might have done this : http://www.giantbomb.com/the-walking-dead/3030-34205/forums/saved-game-fix-pc-573948/

Which also might explain why I don't have the prefs.prop in my steam app folder? Would it fix it if I just copied my prefs.prop back to that folder?

DjNDB posted: »

Without the stats being there season 1 doesn't have the choices stored, so season 2 can't find them either. If you describe what exactly you did with the saves I can figure out if they can be restored.

• DjNDBDjNDB Moderator

The information in that thread is not 100% accurate. The prefs.prop is usually only saved in the savegame folder. If it is anywhere else, that's the multiple prefs.prop but, that causes further savegame problems.
    It can be fixed if handled properly before continuing to play, but it's to late for that now.
    I don't think you can get a full consistent set of savegames out of what you have left. There should around 70 .save files after playing up to Episode 5, and you only have 27. So rewinding is most likely broken already.

There is a slight chance you can at least get some of your progress from the first few episodes back. Then you could continue from there. Otherwise you'd have to replay the entire season to get your choices.

Here's what you can try.

Please disable steam cloud for TWD (In Steam, right click TWD and select "properties". Open the tab "updates" and remove the checkbox from "Enable Steam cloud synchronization for TWD").

Then try the "restore previous version" feature (right click, "properties", "restore previous version") on the savegame folder ( %USERPROFILE%\Documents\Telltale Games\The Walking Dead ). If there are multiple versions try restoring the latest one from the date before the game crashed.

I don't remember 100% unfortunately... I just remember that I had gotten that corrupted file bug and I found a fix online... I think I migh

• Ugh so I think I might be screwed since I recently reformatted my computer..

So basically I'm kind of screwed and I'd need to start over from Season 1 Episode 1 if I want all my choices imported correctly?

The information in that thread is not 100% accurate. The prefs.prop is usually only saved in the savegame folder. If it is anywhere else, that

• DjNDBDjNDB Moderator

I fear that's true.

Ugh so I think I might be screwed since I recently reformatted my computer.. So basically I'm kind of screwed and I'd need to start over from Season 1 Episode 1 if I want all my choices imported correctly?

• Alrighty well thank you for your help it's appreciated :)

I fear that's true.

• Hello, I'm having a similar problem but I have the game via Steam (if that makes any difference). I started episode 2 and it is saying I saved Doug and not Carley which is incorrect. I went back to episode 1 on the main menu and there's no record of any of my progress after Chapter 4. Yesterday when I was playing I was able to rewind to a much later episode so I'm not sure why my progress has vanished. There was a problem with chapter 4 the first time I played it so I did have to rewind, but I continued after that point with no problems. I have tried following the link you provided but when I run "TWD_create_support_data.bat" there is no progress signified and there is no "TWD_support_data_pc.zip" in the folder. What do I do?

• DjNDBDjNDB Moderator

I just updated the support tool. It's now much easier to run, by just starting the .exe. Please try it again with the latest version.

• Ok it worked this time. Here's the link http://www.sendspace.com/file/6hohcp Thanks!

I just updated the support tool. It's now much easier to run, by just starting the .exe. Please try it again with the latest version.

• Oh and I just noticed, when I go on the game and click stats, its displaying everything that I have done, but as soon as I resume it goes back to just recognising upto chapter 4.

• DjNDBDjNDB Moderator

That's not it. You uploaded the old support tool instead of the results of the new one. You need to download the support tool and double click it to run it.

BexNundu posted: »

Ok it worked this time. Here's the link http://www.sendspace.com/file/6hohcp Thanks!

• Oh darn I see what I did. Here you go, think I got it right this time http://www.sendspace.com/file/8wi1jw

• DjNDBDjNDB Moderator

Yes, that's it.

Please rename the prefs.prop in
    C:\Users\Rebecca\Documents\Telltale Games\The Walking Dead
    to prefs.prop.bak to deactivate it.

Then move (not copy) the prefs.prop from
    C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\The Walking Dead\Pack\default
    to
    C:\Users\Rebecca\Documents\Telltale Games\The Walking Dead

BexNundu posted: »

Oh darn I see what I did. Here you go, think I got it right this time http://www.sendspace.com/file/8wi1jw

• That worked great! Thank you so much!

Yes, that's it. Please rename the prefs.prop in C:\Users\Rebecca\Documents\Telltale Games\The Walking Dead to prefs.prop.bak to deactivat

• This happened to me as well. Everything was fine until I started chapter 3 of season 2 then my computer crashed for some reason, but that happens sometimes. When I tried starting up season 2 again, I lost all my data and when I tried to start over it would show the wrong choices in the recap. I ran the TWD support tool https://www.sendspace.com/file/7kavmk

• TelltaleMikeTelltaleMike Former Telltale Staff

I apologize for the delayed response, unfortunately if the game crashed during a loading or autosave sequence, your save files may have become corrupted. I would then recommend deleting your save files, and starting a new game in Season Two. Again, my apologies for any difficulties you have experienced.

mmriley90 posted: »

This happened to me as well. Everything was fine until I started chapter 3 of season 2 then my computer crashed for some reason, but that h

This discussion has been closed.