Can't run "The Walking Dead" Whatsoever

edited January 2014 in Game Support

I can't even open the walking dead, It goes straight to the black screen, I don't get to load "Episode 2" I can't do anything at all. I am currently running on a macbook air. A few 8 months ago "Walking Dead" was working fine, Like. Very fine, No crashes and no problems. I don't know what's happening now but it's probably an update, Thanks for reading and thanks even more for trying to help

~DementedPenguin, Or DementedHorse[Current name]

Comments

• DjNDBDjNDB Moderator
    edited January 2014

If you have not run it before, the game silently downloads about 30MB of updates at the beginning, which can take a few minutes.

If it doesn't resolve that way, please follow the instructions to run the TWD Support Tool and post the download link to the resulting "TWD_support_data_pc.zip" or "TWD_support_data_mac.zip" to your next reply in this thread.

• Don't worry, I got it working by pressing "Enter"

DjNDB posted: »

If you have not run it before, the game silently downloads about 30MB of updates at the beginning, which can take a few minutes. If it does

• I have a similar Problem (Blackscreen from the start, checked all drivers, updated graphic driver, run as administrator, tried to shut of antivir and firewall and so on, i`m out of ideas) and hitting "Enter" won't work :-)

Data of Support Tool: http://www.sendspace.com/file/pi1m91

Thanks for reading and helping.

Calina

• DjNDBDjNDB Moderator

Please verify the game cache files.

Please also try running the game during a clean boot.

Booting clean in Windows Vista / 7:
    1. Click Start --> Type msconfig --> Press Enter
    2. On the General tab, choose Selective Startup
    3. Uncheck Load Startup Items
    4. Select the Services tab
    5. Check Hide all Microsoft services
    6. Click Disable all
    7. If running the game on Steam, re-check the "Steam Client Service"
    8. Click on OK
    9. Click Restart.
    10. After reboot, run the game to see if it works.

After performing the necessary steps, restore your settings by doing the following:

1. Click Start --> Type msconfig --> Press Enter
    2. On the General tab, choose Normal Startup
    3. Click Ok
    4. Click Yes, when asked to restart your computer
    Calina posted: »

I have a similar Problem (Blackscreen from the start, checked all drivers, updated graphic driver, run as administrator, tried to shut of anti

• Mine won't run and it says "d3dx9_41.dll is missing from your computer. Try re-installing the program". I've re-installed the program twice now with no effect. HELP!

• DjNDBDjNDB Moderator

Please run the DirectX updater.

Mine won't run and it says "d3dx9_41.dll is missing from your computer. Try re-installing the program". I've re-installed the program twice now with no effect. HELP!

This discussion has been closed.