Law & Order Legacies Won't Start

edited January 2014 in Game Support

I tried reinstalling it and everything even walking dead wont start up...im on windows 8 man i feel so used right now please help :(

Comments

• TelltaleMikeTelltaleMike Former Telltale Staff

I apologize for the inconvenience. If you are having trouble getting your Telltale Games to start, please try the following suggestions:

1) Unplug your controller and all other USB devices besides your mouse and keyboard

and/or

2) Run the game in compatibility mode (We recommend Windows 98/ME)

If neither of those help, here are a few other possible solutions:

1) Ensure you have the latest drivers

2) Restart your system

3) Verify your cache if you purchased through Steam (https://support.steampowered.com/kb_article.php?ref=2037-QEUH-3335)

4) Run the game as admin

5) Reinstall the game (clear all files, including saves and prefs.prop file)

6) Make sure that the Steam application is not set to a compatibility mode (right click on steam and click properties, then check compatibility, and make sure that it is not checked to play in a different OS)

If none of those help, please send us your system's specs. For PC please send a DXDiag (To send a DXDiag, click the Start menu, click Run, and then type in DXDiag and press enter. After it loads, click Save All Information and save the file where you’ll be able to easily find it. Then copy and paste the contents of the file into an email to our Support Staff at Support@telltalegames.com and we will be glad to assist you with your issue.

• It seems that after installing Windows 8.1 i can play now,thx for all the help though :).

I apologize for the inconvenience. If you are having trouble getting your Telltale Games to start, please try the following suggestions: 1)

This discussion has been closed.