Transferring Games from different devices?

edited February 2014 in Game Support

I bought The Walking Dead Season 1 Episodes 1-5 and the DLC episode "400 Days" on my Ipad. I was wondering if there was a way that I could somehow transfer the games from the Ipad to my computer? I really want to play them on my computer without repurchasing the whole game all over again. Any help would be highly appreciated. Can you transfer games this way?

Comments

• TelltaleMikeTelltaleMike Former Telltale Staff

Unfortunately save files are incompatible between platforms. I apologize for the inconvenience.

• Mike, I think she is asking if she could transfer the purchased episode to different device.. I have the same question, I have purchased complete episodes but I need to send my iPhone5 back to ATT as I got a replacement. I installed the main application and went to episode and hit restore.. it asked me for AppStore credential, but it didn't push thru.. it says "Restoring Purchase" and it went away.. still saying BUY

I do not believe it is possible to transfer saves between devices, as the game saves are stored in the base application. If you are having any issues restoring your application, please view this Sticky on our community support forum to learn suggestions on how to restore your previously purchased episodes on your iOS device here:

http://www.telltalegames.com/community/discussion/53347/twd-ios-cannot-restore-workaround

an2ny79 posted: »

Mike, I think she is asking if she could transfer the purchased episode to different device.. I have the same question, I have purchased comp

• My problem now is, I followed the workaround and mistook "bundle episode 2-5" as "bundle episode 2-5 + 400 days" (because that's the only bundle option in there).. Now apple is billing me for $14.00

So I did my own workaround...
    All I need to do is install application, go to main screen, go to episode and pretend to buy the bundle again (this time it showed the right bundle I purchased before).. apple will tell you that you already purchased it (because this game is tied up with your apple account) so all you need to do is re-download it for free..

How can I refund back my $14?

I do not believe it is possible to transfer saves between devices, as the game saves are stored in the base application. If you are having any

I am glad you were able to re-download your episodes! Please contact Apple Support for further assistance with any inquiries about a refund, as the purchase was made on the Apple App Store. I apologize for any inconvenience caused by this.

an2ny79 posted: »

My problem now is, I followed the workaround and mistook "bundle episode 2-5" as "bundle episode 2-5 + 400 days" (because that's the only bund

• edited February 2014

Hello, I did not want to transfer my saves. I just wanted to know if I could play the game on a computer without repaying for the game, since I have already purchased it on a different device. For example, if a person bought the walking dead on computer (the whole season + the DLC episode) would they have to repurchase the game again to play it on their Iphone, Ipad, other device, etc.?

Unfortunately save files are incompatible between platforms. I apologize for the inconvenience.

• I have the same issue. Long story short. I bought a new iPad, because my space on my older pad was getting full. My hope was that my newer iPad with more space would be able to accommodate games like the walking dead. I purchased every episode thru 400 days via the App Store using my Apple ID and password. The problem is the game wants me to repurchase all the episodes. If I purchased using my Apple ID and password, why am I not able to see it on a pad that uses the same Apple ID and password? Shouldn't the system recognize that I previously purchased the whole game with all DLC via that account?

• I think I just solved the iTunes issue. There is a RESTORE button with the DLC packs that lets you restore what you bought. I apologize that May not help some of you, but somebody was having the same issue I was, I'm sure. Have a great day and good luck!

I apologize for my confusion, unfortunately there is no way of transferring your purchase between platforms. If you would like to play the game on another platform, you will need to purchase it on that particular platform.

clemmy101 posted: »

Hello, I did not want to transfer my saves. I just wanted to know if I could play the game on a computer without repaying for the game, since

This discussion has been closed.