the application failed to initialize/ not authorized to play

edited February 2014 in Game Support

Dear Telltale games,
what did you do to poker night at the inventory? Every time I try to start the game it says the application failed to initialize and that my account isn't allowed to access the game? what gives? Please help as If not then well I demand a refund. And don't tell me it's steam who has to give me one as their support referred me to you. I pay $5 for a game I think I'd like and I can't even play it. So what gives?

Comments

• TelltaleMikeTelltaleMike Former Telltale Staff

I apologize for the inconvenience. Please try uninstalling and reinstalling the game. If that does not resolve the issue, please verify the game's cache from inside steam (https://support.steampowered.com/kb_article.php?ref=2037-QEUH-3335). You can also try setting the game to 'always keep this game up to date'. (To do this please right click on the game in your Library, and click on Properties. Once on the Properties window, click on the Updates tab, and under Automatic Updates, click on the arrow of the drop down menu and make sure 'Always keep this game up to date' is selected.

If these suggestions do not resolve your issue, can you please specify what OS version you are on?

• these suggestions didn't resolve the issue but thanks for trying to help. apparently I'm on Windows 8 with 8gb ram an Intel(R) with an I(7) 3632CPU at 2.2 ghz.

I apologize for the inconvenience. Please try uninstalling and reinstalling the game. If that does not resolve the issue, please verify the ga

• TelltaleMikeTelltaleMike Former Telltale Staff

Please also try unplugging any and all USB devices except for a keyboard and mouse (this includes sound devices) and then plug in headphones to the audio out jack, and then try starting the game again. You can also try running the game in Compatibility mode (We recommend Windows 98/ME)

neucrew posted: »

these suggestions didn't resolve the issue but thanks for trying to help. apparently I'm on Windows 8 with 8gb ram an Intel(R) with an I(7) 3632CPU at 2.2 ghz.

This discussion has been closed.