First Impressions on the Demo shown at Twitch Con?

What did you guys think of it? I really enjoyed it despite the art style being pretty uncanny from other Telltale games (it looked more different in the trailer...I don't know), but I'm liking how their incorporating newer fight mechanics and how the action sequences are not just hit the stick in the right direction. A very promising start in my opinion

Comments

• Yeah it looked interesting and I like that they're allowing you to choose what direction you want to move in during action sequences.

• What were the newer fight mechanics? I missed the first 5 minutes.

• edited September 2015

You can target enemies with a sword and move back and forth to hit them. Plus you have a health bar for these segments.

Jake360 posted: »

What were the newer fight mechanics? I missed the first 5 minutes.

• Instead of just clicking QTE's for the sword fights there's some simple sword play where you can move back and forth and choose targets. Also during chase scenes you can run around and dodge obstacles, but if you don't you get an additional QTE.

Jake360 posted: »

What were the newer fight mechanics? I missed the first 5 minutes.

• Looks cool, I like how they are doing the whole moving during a scene like running or how close you are getting to the zombie

• I was surprised at the fighting mechanics. A few of the animations were a little iffy and the ''o'' mouth shape looked a little weird. But overall I liked it.

• After hearing more dialog from Patton Oswalt I definitely like the voice better than the 2 lines we heard in the original trailer.

• Here's the demo for those who haven't seen it yet, courtesy of @OzzyUK

enter link description here

• Really undecided about those graphics.

• Looks like some HUD icons were reused from the Minecraft XBOX edition game.

• I'm impressed. I'd like to see a full first episode.

• it is a minecraft game, right? o_O

Looks like some HUD icons were reused from the Minecraft XBOX edition game.

• I love how @puzzlebox had the controller and had laser focus on the game while poor Job and the interviewer talked back and forth about it.

dojo32161 posted: »

Here's the demo for those who haven't seen it yet, courtesy of @OzzyUK enter link description here

• Lucky Laura. :)

bigdogg0821 posted: »

I love how @puzzlebox had the controller and had laser focus on the game while poor Job and the interviewer talked back and forth about it.

• I expected to be something different. I'm not disappointed or anything, just surprised.

it is a minecraft game, right? o_O

• They did the same with TftBL. The whole main Menu was nearly the same as from BL2.

I expected to be something different. I'm not disappointed or anything, just surprised.

• I won't lie.

It looks like garbage and a poorly made cash grab.

• [removed]

Echopapa posted: »

I won't lie. It looks like garbage and a poorly made cash grab.

• enter image description here

• You just got rekt. Game looks interesting definatly love the change in combat

• Who is Jesse voiced by?

Here's the demo for those who haven't seen it yet, courtesy of @OzzyUK enter link description here

• Patton Oswalt voices the male version of Jesse while Catherine Taber will be supplying the female Jesse's voice.

Menofthe214 posted: »

Who is Jesse voiced by?

• Thanks dojo32161.

Patton Oswalt voices the male version of Jesse while Catherine Taber will be supplying the female Jesse's voice.

• Oh cashgrab cashgrab cashgrab. God forbid they choose a project that they actually want to make money from.

I think it looks like its going to be a fun story. Im excited to try it out.

• Huh, the stiff, robotic animations that usually plague Telltale games immersion seems like it won't be much of an issue for Minecraft: Story Mode. Also, kudos for Telltale experimenting with a combat system.

• puzzleboxpuzzlebox Telltale Alumni

Haha... I knew I must look super intense, but we only had 15 mins on the stream and I was scared I was going to mess up the (very tightly timed) playthrough if I wasn't paying enough attention! I actually almost forgot to stop playing at the right spot because I was so focused. ;)

I love how @puzzlebox had the controller and had laser focus on the game while poor Job and the interviewer talked back and forth about it.

• edited September 2015

Saddest moment Laura :'(
    enter image description here

puzzlebox posted: »

Haha... I knew I must look super intense, but we only had 15 mins on the stream and I was scared I was going to mess up the (very tightly ti

• edited September 2015

Goobye blue sky. Goodbye

• enter image description here

Goobye blue sky. Goodbye

• [removed]

• Poor Reuben. :(

NukemDukem posted: »

Saddest moment Laura

• edited September 2015

I was not expecting this to be really intense Because i mostly play rated T games, but man that demo was intense! Now i wanna know how did they summon that...creature that destroyed the Endercon. I think we got a good series coming on the 13th of Oct. Good job Telltale! :D

• I've named the giant tentacle thing Robert.

• I'm not a minecraft fan, but pretty much all of telltale games are good so i know its gonna be hot

• Wow, I'm really not liking this. Reminds me of the old Jurassic Park telltale game.

• People associate anything "mainstream" with the term cashgrab. It's a shame, because I see a lot of potential in this, and they won't because they're too closed minded about it, just simply because of the fact that the IP it's being made from is popular. Really childish if you ask me.

KCohere posted: »

Oh cashgrab cashgrab cashgrab. God forbid they choose a project that they actually want to make money from. I think it looks like its going to be a fun story. Im excited to try it out.

• IMO I think the gameplay in MC:SM is improved which is a good thing. :)

• Well, TellTale like to stay true to the source material.

GSSalvador posted: »

They did the same with TftBL. The whole main Menu was nearly the same as from BL2.

• Looks like it plays alot smoother than any other Telltale game which is nice.
    I'm still debating whether to but it or not

• Eh, well, they're shifting over to more popular IPs for a reason. You'd be kidding yourself if you thought that Telltale would have an easy time making a game profitable if they chose another obscure franchise (like they did with Sam and Max or Fables), as opposed to another popular one (Game of Thrones or Minecraft).

But would their games be better if they chose franchises that resonated with them over ones that were the most popular? I'd think so.

Green613 posted: »

People associate anything "mainstream" with the term cashgrab. It's a shame, because I see a lot of potential in this, and they won't becaus

Sign in to comment in this discussion.