2 Questions (Spoilers!) About Toad & Nerissa

I sincerely apologize if this was asked already in a previous thread somewhere, but I haven't been able to locate any up front.
I've completed this game about 4 times now. This playthru I pocketed money in every opportunity possible, and offered to pay for Toad so he wouldn't have to go to the Farm. He accepted, or so I thought. (The first time I offered him money in the pawn shop, and he was rude as usual, and told me to go "F" myself, more or less) But he still ended up going to the farm regardless! I ensured him I'd help, but Snow still sends him. I GAVE him money, and/or offered, but he still goes, and resents me. Is this normal? Illusion of choice? (sigh) So regardless, money you collect makes no difference? Am I correct? What the hell is the point of collecting all that money then? What did I miss? (Toad's such an a-hole, so I don't really care. lol I just feel bad for T.J)

Also, I want to see if I have this straight. Nerissa...is she Faith in disguise? Was SHE the ORIGINAL "Girl with the Ribbon" or something? Faith's corpse "needed more tests" by Dr. Swineheart, so it's safe to assume maybe that Faith's headless corpse was actually the prostitute Nerissa, and Faith switched places with her to protect herself? "You're not as bad as they say you are." Ok, obviously, you're Faith... Just making sure I got my facts straight.

BUT this doesn't explain the whole "These Lips Are Sealed" spell she clearly couldn't say anything...at FIRST. But as soon as I apprehended the Crooked Man, she freely spilled the beans and (lied) about him ordering Georgie to kill the women. (I guess she could care less about letting Lawrence think she's dead forever. What a b---!)

(Bonus question)
The Crooked Man DID indeed order Georgie to kill the women, right? I didn't really have doubts, he just seemed like he was trying to evade responsibility. Is this just up to interpretation? Like you chose either to believe Georgie's story, or The Crooked Man's? I believed Georgie, because he was dying, and it's rare when people lie on their last breath. What do you think? (or know?) All input GREATLY appreciated!

Comments

• I sincerely apologize if this was asked already in a previous thread somewhere, but I haven't been able to locate any up front. I've completed this game about 4 times now. This playthru I pocketed money in every opportunity possible, and offered to pay for Toad so he wouldn't have to go to the Farm. He accepted, or so I thought. (The first time I offered him money in the pawn shop, and he was rude as usual, and told me to go "F" myself, more or less) But he still ended up going to the farm regardless! I ensured him I'd help, but Snow still sends him. I GAVE him money, and/or offered, but he still goes, and resents me. Is this normal? Illusion of choice? (sigh) So regardless, money you collect makes no difference? Am I correct? What the hell is the point of collecting all that money then? What did I miss? (Toad's such an a-hole, so I don't really care. lol I just feel bad for T.J)

Yes, this is normal. Toad died at the farm between TWAU and Fables as far as I remember, so TTG had to send him there regardless of player choice to stay in canon with the comic books.

Also, I want to see if I have this straight. Nerissa...is she Faith in disguise? Was SHE the ORIGINAL "Girl with the Ribbon" or something? Faith's corpse "needed more tests" by Dr. Swineheart, so it's safe to assume maybe that Faith's headless corpse was actually the prostitute Nerissa, and Faith switched places with her to protect herself? "You're not as bad as they say you are." Ok, obviously, you're Faith... Just making sure I got my facts straight.

At this point no one knows... There are hints pointing to both possible outcomes, but it's unknown if Nerissa is Faith or Faith is Nerissa (at least at this point we can't be 200% sure)

BUT this doesn't explain the whole "These Lips Are Sealed" spell she clearly couldn't say anything...at FIRST. But as soon as I apprehended the Crooked Man, she freely spilled the beans and (lied) about him ordering Georgie to kill the women. (I guess she could care less about letting Lawrence think she's dead forever. What a b---!)

Vivian is the original "Girl with the Ribbon", not Faith/Nerissa. When Vivian commited suicide, she broke the spell thus Nerissa could speak on the trial.

(Bonus question) The Crooked Man DID indeed order Georgie to kill the women, right? I didn't really have doubts, he just seemed like he was trying to evade responsibility. Is this just up to interpretation? Like you chose either to believe Georgie's story, or The Crooked Man's? I believed Georgie, because he was dying, and it's rare when people lie on their last breath.

Yeah I believe so. If you refuse to wait for Tim in EP5 and then wait with opening the doors, you can hear a dialogue from behind the door between Crooked Man and his goons. His tone speaks for himself, as soon as Bigby walks in he starts acting like he's all sorry for what happened and he's not a crime lord. But if you listen to this dialogue, it is pretty clear that he is a manipulator so yeah I'm pretty sure he ordered those murders.

• Snow was tired of Toad not being glamoured. I doubt Toad would have used it (cash) for the glamour.

Sign in to comment in this discussion.