Why is TWAU the only TTG having a teaser of Season Finale?

edited October 2015 in The Wolf Among Us

Why don't The Walking Dead Both Seasons, Game of Thrones and Tales from the Borderlands have teasers of Season finales? I understand in TWD, to prevent spoilers of something why were very confused what was going to happen but in GOT and TFTBL.

Comments

• This confused me as well :P

I honestly have no clue, I wanna say it's cuz the hype for Wolf was so strong that TellTale wanted to give the fans 'something' :D

• Weird

HazzatheMan posted: »

This confused me as well :P I honestly have no clue, I wanna say it's cuz the hype for Wolf was so strong that TellTale wanted to give the fans 'something'

• JenniferJennifer Moderator
    edited October 2015

For the modern games, Telltale doesn't usually don't do teasers in the penultimate episodes themselves, and save the finale teasers for commercials later (possibly to help build the hype of the game, since the teasers in these commercials are the first time that anyone outside of Telltale has seen any footage of the final episode).

Here's the teaser commercial for the finale of Tales from the Borderlands, which is inside an ad for the season, which definitely does do its job as a hype builder:

Tales from the Borderlands Season Finale Sneak Peek

The Wolf Among Us was definitely a rare instance for modern Telltale. Classic Telltale had teasers for finales in the penultimate episodes themselves though.

• TWD S2 had a teaser of Season Finale in the TWD S2 Episode 4 Accolades Trailer as well.

Jennifer posted: »

For the modern games, Telltale doesn't usually don't do teasers in the penultimate episodes themselves, and save the finale teasers for comm

• edited October 2015

Edit: Edited out my silliness. Once again made a prat of myself for the second time today, due to not reading properly. Earlier, I created a thread when one already existed and I didn't notice it until after I'd created it. Here, I wrote a reply totally unrelated to the topic. Go me!

• I don't think he was talking about the ending, hah.

Rob_K posted: »

Edit: Edited out my silliness. Once again made a prat of myself for the second time today, due to not reading properly. Earlier, I created a

• edited October 2015

Silly me . . . Here I go editing the original post, though I might as well leave it up as the damage is done and give people a few laughs.

I'm seriously beginning to wonder if I can read these days though, which bodes well for my profession. I think I'm going to chalk it up to needing new glasses or my head not being screwed on right at the minute, so I can feel better about the two mistakes I've made today. Anyway, thanks for setting me right.

I don't think he was talking about the ending, hah.

• DeltinoDeltino Moderator
    edited October 2015

I like to imagine that it's due to the fact that in comparison to all the other ones, Wolf ends on the least exciting/engaging cliffhanger. Every other penultimate episode has ended on a high note where a "next time on" would either end up revealing too much, or spoil the hype/anticipation. Not to mention that they all end at a point where there's a lot of speculation to be had about where the story will go next.

Wolf just has you walk in on the Crooked Man in a semi-awkward fashion, and cuts to black. Not to mention that you get to see the Crooked Man in person, which in all honesty might have been better to save for episode 5. Simply put; it's an ending that doesn't exactly build much hype or offer much in the way of speculation, so the next time trailer kind of picks up the slack.

• TWAU is like TFTBL, they are both, I dunno, unrealistic worlds when TWD and GOT (I know it's about Gods, everything that might not have existed in real life) are realistics. I mean they both have stories that never happened or will never happen in real life. Sorry, I dunno how I should explain, english is not my language.

Deltino posted: »

I like to imagine that it's due to the fact that in comparison to all the other ones, Wolf ends on the least exciting/engaging cliffhanger.

• Tales just got one.

• I mean teaser in episode 4 ending.

CosmicSouls posted: »

Tales just got one.

• Oh, OK then :P

AronDracula posted: »

I mean teaser in episode 4 ending.

Sign in to comment in this discussion.