My tiny review, thoughts and feedback! (Will contain minor spoilers)

Personally, I love how Telltale took this franchise to make something more story-driven out of it. And the story has a decent set-up, if be a bit child-like, which, again fits with the franchise.

However, what did bother me somehow was the dialogue. It feels static and forced at times. That in combination with the lack of good background music it feels lackluster. I also don't really find the sidekick characters that amazing. The only one I did seem to like a bunch was Lukas, and that was purely because he seemed like a chill dude. Oliva and.. Green big guy (Axel, I think. I just remembered it, which gives away how much of an impact he made on me xD ) feel a bit iffy. Petra's character was way more impactful, if you asked me.

What I did really love was how Telltale implemented the mechanics. The fighting feels good and is totally new, and so is the crafting system. The choices also made me feel like I did something different and were truely mine to make.

So in short:

• +Decent setup for a good story

• +Good looking graphics, (Some small clipping errors (Ivor's beard))

• +Awesome mechanics

• +Good choices

• -Lackluster sidekicks

• -Awkward dialogue

• -Non-fitting background music

My feedback, if wanted;
Make the background music/effect have more impact (Like it did with the minecart-Jump/ ET-reference), like when Jesse held up the pendent for all to see, I was expecting some sort of cut in music to add to the awkward stance.
Give the characters more dialogue trees during hubs, something that wasn't really done.
And maybe make the whole 'selecting stuff' easier. That last puzzle took me quite long purely because the lever triggers were really close, and my mouse seemed to stick to a single lever.

7/10 from me. I enjoyed it bunches, but it has room for improvement. And from what I have seen this episode, I am sure that rating can skyrocket during the next episodes!

Comments

• Oh man I LOVED the soundtrack. I'm sorry you weren't digging it.

• The soundtrack was good, That's not what I meant. It's more that in some situations it didn't fit right. If I remember correctly, the whole chicken parade thing had a very light hearted soundtrack that went with it, making the situation less awesometastic :P

Oh man I LOVED the soundtrack. I'm sorry you weren't digging it.

• Aw I get what your saying. I didn't really notice too much, but I see your point.

Cyanistic posted: »

The soundtrack was good, That's not what I meant. It's more that in some situations it didn't fit right. If I remember correctly, the whole

• edited October 2015

Well I really liked Olivia and kinda hated Alex (oh and i love Lukas too!), judging from the episode slides both Olivia and Axel will be with you until episode 4, maybe they'll play a bigger role in future episodes.

• Alex? You mean Axel? And yeah I agree Axel was just a dick.

Well I really liked Olivia and kinda hated Alex (oh and i love Lukas too!), judging from the episode slides both Olivia and Axel will be with you until episode 4, maybe they'll play a bigger role in future episodes.

• Yes "Axel" xD.

Alex? You mean Axel? And yeah I agree Axel was just a dick.

• I just replayed it again as a female Jesse. I really feel like her voice works better with the story. She sounds more adventurous, whereas male Jesse sounds like, well.. an awkward guy forced into something he really isn't.
    As much as I love Rhys from Tales of the Borderlands, I feel like that sort of character doesn't work too well in this game; At least not this episode. It probably would have worked with the game if it actually had more awkward moments in them, instead of the protagenist saving everybody's butt 24/7 xD

Sign in to comment in this discussion.