Lukas: The Purest of Perfection

124»

Comments

• Lukas is pretty cool, I get why everyone here loves him. :D

• After episode 3 my Lukas appreciation meter went down, from 10/10 would give cookie again to 8/10 would lightly consider giving cookie again

:(

• For once I agreed with IGN

Lukas's character in episode 3 felt like someone else was writing him

bigdogg0821 posted: »

After episode 3 my Lukas appreciation meter went down, from 10/10 would give cookie again to 8/10 would lightly consider giving cookie again

• I hope it's not another infamous nice-character-suddenly-turns-bad-due-to-plot-demanding-a-betrayal cliche again

Poogers555 posted: »

For once I agreed with IGN Lukas's character in episode 3 felt like someone else was writing him

• While I think his behavior made sense given everything he was feeling, I didn't see any signs on the other episodes that he could have a "prickly side" like that (especially the desire to snag the leadership), so yeah, it is like if someone else was writing him. It especially bothers me that he seems to value Jesse so much on the first two episodes, and on this episode he broke my heart when he said that Jesse's best "might not be enough". There are quite a few hostile interactions between Lukas and Jesse in episode 3. If you save the amulet, you can even tell Lukas to stay away from Reuben when he is petting him, which is awfully rude. It is weird, especially for people that were kind to Lukas all the time before (which it seems to be most people's case). And why the hell couldn't we just let him hold the amulet, back in the room Ivor left them?

Maybe the signs were there and I just couldn't see them because I have a harder time reading these characters than the ones in the other TellTale games. I don't know, man. I'm watching other playthroughs and trying to see what I could have possibly missed. It is really bothering me because I usually see this kind of behavior coming.

Poogers555 posted: »

For once I agreed with IGN Lukas's character in episode 3 felt like someone else was writing him

• edited December 2015

If anything this episode helped me appreciate him more. We didn't see that much of Lukas in the second episode, but his confidence was likely maintained since everyone (including two members of the legendary Order of the Stone) was together with a plan to take down the Storm. With each new problem thrown at him- losing members of the Order, not knowing where Soren is (suspecting he might not be much help anyway), not being trusted with information about infected group members (or other things, depending on Jesse's actions), constantly getting out of situations by the skin of his teeth (which judging by the first episode is most certainly not his style), seems to all be dragging him down. He's been out of his element for so long that he doesn't really know how to handle genuine fear.

So yeah, someone else may have been writing for him, but thus far not much has changed. I just hope the integrity of his character isn't compromised in the next episode.

bigdogg0821 posted: »

After episode 3 my Lukas appreciation meter went down, from 10/10 would give cookie again to 8/10 would lightly consider giving cookie again

• Lukas simply tries to mask his fear by stepping up. He becomes more reliant on the amulet since he'd prefer heroes of old to take care of these map-wide problems. The old rivalry between the Ocelots and the [insert team name here] makes it harder for Jesse to trust Lukas when he starts losing his cool. Jesse has the only right to keep the amulet, since it was a gift from Gabriel- if Lukas had wanted it he could've just asked for it rather than try to take it away. Jesse is drawn to the amulet just as Lukas is, but rather than trying to get help from more experienced heroes, Jesse sees it as a symbol of keeping track of everyone and keeping the team together. Lukas and Jesse are both worried about the outcome of dealing with such a massive threat, and neither one of them is certain of how to deal with it.

Abeille posted: »

While I think his behavior made sense given everything he was feeling, I didn't see any signs on the other episodes that he could have a "pr

• I see!

MarteenPyro posted: »

Ship name, I named it... As you can see, I'm horrible with them... Anyway it's Lukas and Olivia.

• Hmm, That's actually pretty solid insight. Well done.

Tohabath posted: »

Lukas simply tries to mask his fear by stepping up. He becomes more reliant on the amulet since he'd prefer heroes of old to take care of th

• Thx! I try.

AdamGoodtme posted: »

Hmm, That's actually pretty solid insight. Well done.

• If you reveal Gabriel/Petra's sickness to Lukas, he will reveal that his behavior is due to guilt. Lukas believes that it was his fault that Gabriel or Petra got captured and dying of wither sickness and he is beating himself up for it.

While I think his behavior made sense given everything he was feeling, I didn't see any signs on the other episodes that he could have a "pr

• I am aware, which is why I said his reasons to behave like that made sense. The problem I see is that I didn't see that behavior coming.

If you reveal Gabriel/Petra's sickness to Lukas, he will reveal that his behavior is due to guilt. Lukas believes that it was his fault that Gabriel or Petra got captured and dying of wither sickness and he is beating himself up for it.

• edited December 2015

I have a very strange feeling that we are witnessing a pattern with Scott Porter's characters.

In TWD Season 2, Luke was quite nice from episode 1 and 2. Then in episode 3, he starts changing. Then in episode 4, Luke's character takes a great hit, by not watching for Walkers and have some stuff with Jane and then defending himself about it. Then in episode 5, he is back to being quite nice again only to suffer a horrible and tragic death.

In Minecraft: Story Mode. Lukas is quite nice from episode 1 and 2. Now in episode 3, Lukas is becoming more jerkass and darker.

I really really hope that this wouldn't be the case in episode 4 or episode 5, but the preview seems to hint that it will happen....

• edited December 2015

I think it would be safe to say that the music that plays when the player gets the choice to give him the cookie. (you better have given him the cookie m8) Is his theme.

enter link description here

• Oh i can just see it now. In Episode 4 Lukas gets killed by the wither storm. Then in the forums, there are unlimted posts saying "I want a refund Telltale!" :P

I mean i like Lukas, but hes not that perfect, i mean Cough Episode 3 Cough

I don't care about the other characters but if telltale kills off Lukas or makes him an antagonist that we have to defeat in the end - I am going to have a serious problem with them. Pray for this pure soul pls ;_;

• DeltinoDeltino Moderator
    edited December 2015

I really really hope that this wouldn't be the case in episode 4 ... but the preview seems to hint that it will happen....

Wait a minute

Then in episode 4, Luke's character takes a great hit, by not watching for Walkers and have some stuff with Jane

If they're following the same formula, then that means in episode 4, Lukas is going to take that horse with him and they're going to-

oh god

OH GOD

I have a very strange feeling that we are witnessing a pattern with Scott Porter's characters. In TWD Season 2, Luke was quite nice from

• edited December 2015

Damn, I can imagine this for a romance song in the game... Well, we have two episodes left, it's never too late...

(before I edited this I wrote "he" instead of "we", how the heck did I do that?)

I think it would be safe to say that the music that plays when the player gets the choice to give him the cookie. (you better have given him the cookie m8) Is his theme. enter link description here

• Cinnamon rolls dies pretty easily from cannibalism so coukd Lukas die from the wither storm

Lukas is a pure cinnamon roll, he better not die. <

• I haven't played they walking dead so could you finish please

Deltino posted: »

I really really hope that this wouldn't be the case in episode 4 ... but the preview seems to hint that it will happen.... Wait a mi

• Y u so evil?

Cinnamon rolls dies pretty easily from cannibalism so coukd Lukas die from the wither storm

• Not evil, preparing you for the evilness which would be more evil if hadn't been evil being good

Y u so evil?

• Oh my gosh... Lukas's face when Jesse denies the apple. I'm crying.

MarteenPyro posted: »

Could you upload a video of that? Since I'm too lazy to replay that part of the episode, and I didn't see anyone do that, I'd really love to see that. Nevermind I found one. enter link description here

• lukas is my second favorite character jesse is my first but i think olivia likes him because the way she talks about him....

its just a theory.

• hmmm... a good character yeah, perfect, NO. kind of a cowardly lion, in simple situations he freaks out, but when needed he tries his best.. kinda annoying when he kept challenging to be leader, the real leader was proved when he wasn't even aloud on the stage, odd.

Sign in to comment in this discussion.