Why Telltale? Why?

Why? That's all I ask, why have you graced us with such a great game yet again?

Seriously, I know everyone was skeptical about it being Minecraft and all, but I looked past that and looked at this for what it truly was. A Telltale game. Even though I did that, the first episode STILL exceeded my expectations of the game. The story is simple, but still very interesting. The characters are very likable and leaves me with a kind of bad taste in my mouth when I have to choose between an idea from 2 of the group members. (as it does with all Telltale games.)

The voice acting is great, lots of emotion and 0 complaints when it comes to that field (for the record though, I played female Jesse, so I don't really know how the male voice experience is, though I've heard great things.)

Going in knowing that it was Minecraft, I had a feeling there was going to be a little trouble with the graphics. But nope, I love what Telltale did with the artstyle, the colorful tune is just gorgeous to look at most of the time, again, no complaints there either. (Even took some pictures of where I thought the artstyle really shined :3)

enter image description here

The length of the episode was fine (as per usual IMO with Telltales games) and that wouldn't really matter anyway because the game kept me entertained the entire time.

Overall though, if you're thinking about getting this, get it. If you love Telltale, but hate Minecraft, really, look past the fact that it's Minecraft and appreciate the game for what it is. See it for what it mainly is, A Telltale game. Still has the hard decisions, has really improved in the overall interactivity (QTE's in this game are REALLY good), it has the light heartedness of TFTBL, and the comedy aspect if you like those. The only thing it lacks is the darkness of the other recent Telltale games, but hey that isn't a real problem. Not every game can be a downer, that gets tiresome after a while, right? I'd really have to put this premiere in the leagues of probable one of the, if not the best Telltale premiere episode.

I really look forward to what this season has to offer, PLEASE TELLTALE keep it up. ;]

Comments

• I... expected something different... but this is better than I thought..

• enter image description here

Seriously,this is shaping up to be the next Tales from the Borderlands,I completely agree ;)

• When you thought it was going to be some hate thread

• This was pretty enjoyable. I went with the male avatar with Patton Oswalt doing a solid voice-over.

• This is a hate thread though. I'm actually genuinely angry at Telltale for practically forcing me to commit to all these games they're always creating

Poogers555 posted: »

When you thought it was going to be some hate thread

• One thing I really like is the sort of "fast building" they do when pressing Q, I love that.

• edited October 2015

When I saw that this wasn't another hate thread.

By the way, I agree with you wholeheartedly. Characters are great, so is the voice acting and the visuals are also really fantastic for the most part.

Really happy that it turned out to be good.

• F*** THEM!

Green613 posted: »

This is a hate thread though. I'm actually genuinely angry at Telltale for practically forcing me to commit to all these games they're always creating

• edited October 2015

Holy crap.....they did it......

BTW I haven't played this yet, I'm just glad it did well.

• I like the game, I really do. I still hate the art-style though. That was my main problem with it. That and female Jesse's outfit.

• I feel like I'm the only one who loves the art-style, I guess I'm pretty old school for loving Pixels :p

• Please don't compare this with TFTB awesomeness.

ZapThroat posted: »

Seriously,this is shaping up to be the next Tales from the Borderlands,I completely agree

• Well,it's looking awesome so far,who said I couldn't compare them,it's TellTale afterall,they know how to improve on their products.

Please don't compare this with TFTB awesomeness.

• haven't played it yet but hoping to soon

• You should, the first episode was really good, I feel it got off to a bad start, felt a bit rushed in the beginning, but once it got going, it was great.

J-Master posted: »

Holy crap.....they did it...... BTW I haven't played this yet, I'm just glad it did well.

• I agree, the first episode was a great start to the season, I especially loved the fighting mechanics and improvements to the QTE system, very cool.

• edited October 2015

You and your damn click bait threads Green! (even though I'm pretty sure you don't actually make click bait threads and i'm trying to make a joke but it's clearly not working out at all for me). I'm also outraged at Telltale for making anything look good!

• Don't worry I'm mostly just trolling (mostly.)

Hey, no need to be a jerk.

• edited October 2015

I hate click bait but at the same time I love it.....

I haven't played it yet but I'm going to buy Story Mode if it's on sale. I've heard good reviews so far, except those troll reviews on Steam. So instead of buying it right away I'm going to watch play throughs for now.

• I actually agree, it's a pretty good game and I'd recommend it to any Telltale fan.

• Thats high praise in my eyes since I love Tales so much.

Seriously,this is shaping up to be the next Tales from the Borderlands,I completely agree

• I really like Patton Oswalt but if I can play as a girl, thats usually what I do first.

This was pretty enjoyable. I went with the male avatar with Patton Oswalt doing a solid voice-over.

• Well,who said I don't too?But that doesn't mean I love MC too,it's really close to Tales level in my humble opinion.

KCohere posted: »

Thats high praise in my eyes since I love Tales so much.

• I didnt say you didn't. Im saying if its as good as Tales, Im probably going to like it.

Well,who said I don't too?But that doesn't mean I love MC too,it's really close to Tales level in my humble opinion.

• enter image description here

Not what pleases me pleases everyone ¯_(ツ)_/¯

KCohere posted: »

I didnt say you didn't. Im saying if its as good as Tales, Im probably going to like it.

• Forget I said anything. I'm agreeing with you and youre making it sound like the opposite.

Not what pleases me pleases everyone ¯_(ツ)_/¯

• I actually prefer this way more than Game of Thrones. Probably my second favourite TTG this year after Tales from the Borderlands :)

• It's his opinion.

Please don't compare this with TFTB awesomeness.

• It isn't Undertale.

comment bait

• Same ^-^

Also, I found this premiere to be better than TFTBL's (although to be fair I never really liked that episode much to begin with, I really got into Tales after episode 2)

xValkyx posted: »

I actually prefer this way more than Game of Thrones. Probably my second favourite TTG this year after Tales from the Borderlands

• edited October 2015

I think that was the same for me as well now that I think about it. That intro to episode 2 had me hooked on the series right away, it was that cool.

But yeah, the first episode for Minecraft: Storymode seemed really good to me. I think people should probably wait till episode 2 before they trash talk it.

Same ^-^ Also, I found this premiere to be better than TFTBL's (although to be fair I never really liked that episode much to begin with, I really got into Tales after episode 2)

• Yeah, I think that the worst reviews I've seen for episode 1 being a "meh" is kind of a testament to how well they did with this :p

I think that was the same for me as well now that I think about it. That intro to episode 2 had me hooked on the series right away, it was t

• Lol you should see the PC Gamer review of it.

Yeah, I think that the worst reviews I've seen for episode 1 being a "meh" is kind of a testament to how well they did with this

• Oh, well there was bound to be at least one right? ^-^

Lol you should see the PC Gamer review of it.

• Minecraft Story Mode haters before entering the thread:

After entering the thread:

Sign in to comment in this discussion.