ToMI In A Window

edited July 2009 in Game Support
Heya all,

As the title suggests, I'm having a problem running ToMI in a window. I have run all Telltale games so far in a window, including W&G 3:Muzzled without any problems. However with ToMI the menu is fine but its giving me a really low fps. Even if I press Alt+Enter, to go fullscreen, the game runs smooth as anything!!

Here are my specs if anyone can help:

CPU: Intel Pentium Core 2 - T7400 @ 2.16Ghz (2 CPUs), ~2.2Ghz
RAM: 3072Mb
DirectX: 11
GPU: nVidia GeForce 8700m GT 512Mb x2 (SLI Enabled) {Tried Disabling using nVidia Control Panel - No Effect)
GPU Driver Version: 186.03 WHQL

Cheers all!!

Comments

• WillWill Telltale Alumni
    edited July 2009
    Have you played the previous games in Windows 7? It may just be that the nvidia driver for Win7 isn't as good as the vista or xp drivers, which would cause the framerate slowdown in windowed mode. Also, make sure your DirectX is up to date. DX11 doesn't include a lot of the necessary DX9 files.
  • edited July 2009
    I'm sad to say I'm a bit of a geek lol, I check about once every 3 days for driver updates and update DirectX, Java, Flash etc lol :o

But yep all Telltale games, minus ToMI run perfect with windows 7 on my lappy, in fact I just finished S&M Season 1 and W&G Last Resort.

I didn't run DirectX setup when prompted as I always prefer to download DirectX directly off of the Microsoft download site.

Cheers for the help so far though :)
  • WillWill Telltale Alumni
    edited July 2009
    Heh, just for the record our DX installer is just the microsoft web installer. It pulls the DX updates straight from their server at install time. Anyway, I'm not sure why windowed mode is suddenly freaky for you. I know we've got a lot more fullscreen effects in TOMI than we did in WG and certainly more than the older stuff like Season 1.
  • edited July 2009
    so am I actually missing out on effects running in windowed mode...damn I'd heard about depth of field etc. being added on Giant BombCast (in fact they spoke for about 20mins+ about Telltale)

I may have to go fullscreen if thats the case, and my problem will have vanished lol...

I'll also feel a bit foolish for thinking it will be exactly the same :D
This discussion has been closed.