The Whatever's on Your Mind Megathread

Comments

• Ice T is a robot in a Teddy Bear.

AChicken posted: »

then get Ice T to play a small minor role Wait what.

• sees comments of people discussing leaks or plot events of Borderlands 3
    strongly resists the urge to read in spite of how much I want to know about certain plot points and the use of TFTBL characters

• Fuck. I guess I have to buy the game now.

Poogers555 posted: »

Ice T is a robot in a Teddy Bear.

• I like turtles 🐢

• Got the code for the Definitive Edition in mah email ( ' o ' )/

Downloading it as I type this, but man, I really wish the Epic Store would let me see how much data it's downloading and how long it'll take like Steam does :/

• edited September 2019

I finally saw a streamer finish it entirely with a friend (i know i'm late),it took them 4 hours literally,that's the actual length of the game.

30 bucks..for 4 hours,christ.

I guess it's a good game if you don't take it seriously because if you do,it's pretty bad.

lupinb0y posted: »

I'm watching gameplay of Man of Medan, the first game in the Dark Pictures Anthology series and the spiritual successor to Until Dawn by Sup

• If the writing was better I'd say it's probably worth the $30 since there's a decent amount of branching, but yeah...

iFoRias posted: »

I finally saw a streamer finish it entirely with a friend (i know i'm late),it took them 4 hours literally,that's the actual length of the g

• edited September 2019

Looking through the concept art in the Definitive Edition when suddenly...

Why.

• Bruh WTF

Looking through the concept art in the Definitive Edition when suddenly... Why.

• What? I don't remember that.

• It's in with the other concept art for Season 1 Clem.

DabigRG posted: »

What? I don't remember that.

• Love or hate The Last Jedi, you have to at least admit: Rian Johnson is a fucking moron. Why? Because he thought that Empire Strikes Back was a disappointment to him. Maybe that's why he doesn't want to admit his own mistakes from his own movie.

• RJ: That’s the thing. But, as a kid, I distinctly remember being disappointed by The Empire Strikes Back.

Int: Was that the first one you saw?

RJ: That was my first one.

Int: Me, too. Because you couldn’t just “watch Star Wars” like now. It’s whatever was in the theater at the time.

RJ: I think my dad took me when I was really young to see A New Hope. Yeah, no, I remember, especially in the context of Return of the Jedi, which as a kid I adored. And so, yeah, I remember very vividly. But then Empire slowly became my favorite one. Look, man, same about you, we were in our twenties when the Prequels came out.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

AronDracula posted: »

Love or hate The Last Jedi, you have to at least admit: Rian Johnson is a fucking moron. Why? Because he thought that Empire Strikes Back was a disappointment to him. Maybe that's why he doesn't want to admit his own mistakes from his own movie.

• edited September 2019

Played the first two episodes of Season 1 in the Definitive Edition and here are my thoughts on it regarding the addition of the graphic black lighting, not the game as a whole.

Positives:

For the most part it actually looks really damn good. The best looking areas in the game so far have been the interior of Clementine's house, Macon, the motel, and the St. John's residence (including the barn, house, freezer, etc). Pretty much the places you spend most of your time in. When I first got to the motel I was really surprised at how good it looked. They did a really fantastic job with it for the most part. My favourites right now are Clems home, the pharmacy, the motel, the barn and the interior of the St. John's house and the freezer.

Negatives:

However it does look rough at some areas, most particularly the the opening of the first episode and the forests between the Motel and the St. Johns Farm. You can actually point out some of the environment trickery Telltale used in the original game like the revolving environments to simulate moving and it looks pretty goofy. Aside from that the rest of the game looks pretty damn good. The graphic black seems to make these things from the original much more obvious.

Another issue is that the graphic black obscures certain things too much, though it hasn't happened often. Once with the gunstore near the pharmacy and again with the chest with the rope at the farm. Both of these were completely overshadowed in darkness so I imagine if a new player were looking at this for the first time they'd be really confused. It also blacks out some of the flat textures that are supposed to make environments more dense/larger/detailed than they are so it kinda just looks like a void.

Probably the worst looking thing was the trek to the St. John's place where there's this weird yellow lighting effect. I don't know why it's there, it makes the scene look really bad and it's not anywhere else in the episode.

• ESB was critically not all that well received when it first hit theatres.

AronDracula posted: »

Love or hate The Last Jedi, you have to at least admit: Rian Johnson is a fucking moron. Why? Because he thought that Empire Strikes Back was a disappointment to him. Maybe that's why he doesn't want to admit his own mistakes from his own movie.

• Lol.

RJ: That’s the thing. But, as a kid, I distinctly remember being disappointed by The Empire Strikes Back. Int: Was that the first one

• edited September 2019

Probably just heard that from some youtuber and took it at face value and then felt the need to regurgitate it here.

RJ: That’s the thing. But, as a kid, I distinctly remember being disappointed by The Empire Strikes Back. Int: Was that the first one

• I guess Telltale initially wanted to make a Mortal Kombat prequel/spin-off featuring a kid Mileena.

• edited September 2019

There's also concept art of a walker Clem, which was probably for the zombie Clem dream sequence in S1E3, considering the 'G' on her hat.

MichaelBP posted: »

I guess Telltale initially wanted to make a Mortal Kombat prequel/spin-off featuring a kid Mileena.

• So glad they didnt use this concept. What a fucking nightmare that would be.

There's also concept art of a walker Clem, which was probably for the zombie Clem dream sequence in S1E3, considering the 'G' on her hat.

• Nightmare as in terrifying or nightmare as in bad?

So glad they didnt use this concept. What a fucking nightmare that would be.

• Why indeed.

It's in with the other concept art for Season 1 Clem.

• Kinda wish they kept the G, though.

So glad they didnt use this concept. What a fucking nightmare that would be.

• just gonna post this old meme cuz we all just sitting around hoping New Telltale wants some cheeseburgers

• Defiantly terrifying.

Nightmare as in terrifying or nightmare as in bad?

• Nintendo is trying to jump back into the digital fitness market with the release of their upcoming Ring-Con and Leg Strap, used to play the fitness RPG Ring Fit Adventures.

Looks pretty interesting, IMO.

• As much as it pains me to say it, one advantage of those who ended up buying Borderlands 3 through the Epic Game Store is that they get to play it already. Meanwhile I'm waiting over here until midnight on my PS4.

• Are you going to upload gameplay for Borderlands 3? I've seen your channel on your description btw.

As much as it pains me to say it, one advantage of those who ended up buying Borderlands 3 through the Epic Game Store is that they get to play it already. Meanwhile I'm waiting over here until midnight on my PS4.

• I do intend to, when I can finally play the game and get it uploaded. I have literally set aside all day Friday for Borderlands 3. No idea how far into the game I'll get, but all of Friday will be dedicated to that. Videos should hopefully start coming either on Saturday or Sunday.

Are you going to upload gameplay for Borderlands 3? I've seen your channel on your description btw.

• Im currently upgrading my pc and wont have it ready until around tuesday and sadly am going to have to use the Epic Game launcher. Hopefully it all gets fixed up by then as Im hearing many people cant get the game to launch.

As much as it pains me to say it, one advantage of those who ended up buying Borderlands 3 through the Epic Game Store is that they get to play it already. Meanwhile I'm waiting over here until midnight on my PS4.

• You mean to tell me that there are problems with the Epic Game launcher/store? Well color me shocked.

Hopefully none of those problems are present for you, and those on consoles.

Poogers555 posted: »

Im currently upgrading my pc and wont have it ready until around tuesday and sadly am going to have to use the Epic Game launcher. Hopefully it all gets fixed up by then as Im hearing many people cant get the game to launch.

• Disney+ is looking more and more enticing by the day.

https://hypebeast.com/2019/9/disney-plus-launch-x-men-the-animated-series-spider-man-marvel-animated-classics

Marvel classics will include animated series like X-Men (1992), Spider-Man (1994), Spider-Woman (1979), Spider-Man (1981), Spider-Man and his Amazing Friends, Iron Man (1994), Fantastic Four (1994), Incredible Hulk, Silver Surfer, and Spider-Man Unlimited.

Other classics such as DuckTales, Darkwing Duck, TaleSpin, Chip N’ Dale Rescue Rangers, and Gargoyles are also all believed to be part of Disney+’s upcoming lineup.

Also, if you're in the Netherlands, apparently Disney+ is on a test run over there, and users can sign up for free for the next 2 months until the service officially launches.
    There's this recent Reddit comment that is particularly cool, detailing what it has right now, even before launch.

Just took a quick glance on it and it's pretty amazing. So far it's (nearly?) every Disney animated classic, a bunch of their shorts (you can search by decade), every Pixar movie, all Star Wars (even Clone Wars and Lego movies), a bunch of Marvel and a couple of TV shows. No Simpsons yet. It's a crazy good deal for €70 a year.

Edit: a super cool feature I haven't seen mentioned anywhere else is that a lot of movies come with behind the scenes stuff; deleted scenes, story boards, documentaries, sketches etc...

• the more I see about Borderlands 3 the less I want to play it

• Why's that?

hemfbg posted: »

the more I see about Borderlands 3 the less I want to play it

• Focus Interactive is having a sale on Steam right now and A Plague Tale: Innocence 33% off. If any of you were at all interested in the game I highly recommend it. It's one of the best narrative driven games I've played in a while and one of my favourite games of the year so far.

• To be clear, I’m not trying to talk shit about it. I just (foolishly) had a vision of what the game was going to be like in my head and it’s... not that. And then there’s things that annoy and turn me away like Rhys’ voice actor changing, (seemingly) throwing Fiona & Sasha’s characters aside, Randy Pitchford being a dick, one of those Calypso twins dabbing in that trailer, and so on.

Probably worthwhile to mention that I haven’t played any of the Borderlands games other than TFTBL. I’m not a huge fan of the FPS genre either so I never felt compelled to go back and play them to catch up.

I might change my mind in the time between now and whenever it gets released outside of the Epic Games store on PC. I could play it now on my PS4 but I tend to get motion sickness from first-person perspective & using a TV screen, so I’ll pass for now.

Why's that?

• edited September 2019

Oh joy, only 3 hours into recording my play through of Borderlands 3, and I just realized that the audio recorded is out of sync with the video. Just fucking great, have literally never had this problem with my capture card until now, and of course it had to be a game I actually care about.

It starts off fine, and for most of the time stays that way. But by the end, there’s a noticeable lag of about 2 seconds. Not immersion breaking, but certainly annoying. Stuff like this irritates me to no end because I just don’t know what caused it. Was it not written properly, not enough space on my computer, a random and one time error, I just don’t know.

• In the game Control you can talk to plants and ask them about their day.

I think this has convinced me to get the game.

• edited September 2019

Ah, yeah. That's a cute little side-mission.

(Technical-wise, the Cinematography and atmosphere of mystery/suspense/batshit spooky stuff the game has is great. I particularly love the cutscenes that play before each new story mission.)
    If you're getting it on consoles, the latest patch has improved performance a lot.

In the game Control you can talk to plants and ask them about their day. I think this has convinced me to get the game.

• Okay, so there's a thread on Reddit about unsolved mysteries and while reading some of the comments, I noticed one that suggested that Max may be Violet's dad for whatever reason.
    Some buttons started to come together, man.

Sign in to comment in this discussion.