The Whatever's on Your Mind Megathread

Comments

• Yet was I supposed to be happy for them to survive? I've been rooting for these characters to die since Episode 1, except for Javier, Clem and Mariana, because they were nothing but troublemakers.

Givin how the season 1 cast and season 2 cast all died. I'd take anyone alive at this point. It's a shame Telltale didn't learn their mistake with killing off everyone from S1 to S2.

COUGH COUGH Max, Loonie and Joan/Clint COUGH COUGH

Max and Lonnie not showing up was lazy but it's the same thing with the 400 days characters and Mike,Bonnie, and Arvo in S2. Also didn't one of the writers make a tweet that Max and Lonnie were locked up? They did the same with James in S4. As for Joan/Clint well yeah they were thrown out of the window.

You have no idea how much I'm laughing right now.

Ava's death was trash but Tripp''s death I was ok with considering he dies in a heroic way. I know he dies an episode later after you save him I still think that's stupid. But I was reffering to characters like Javier, David, Kate, Gabe, Conrad, etc (which I know doesn't matter to you anyway).

I don't remember Telltale saying they were already planning Season 4 and making a script for it while making A New Frontier. Cause last time I checked, A New Frontier had a lot of rewrites. There is no way they made TFS story right before releasing the full season of A New Frontier.

Yeah but they still managed to bring back Lily and Eddie.

If only they didn't shit on his character in the final episode.

For me that was one of the negatives of his character.

AronDracula posted: »

Because they didn't kill off characters of the whole cast. Yet was I supposed to be happy for them to survive? I've been rooting for

• edited October 2019

lol the fucking irony of this,Kenny and Jane who were major characters got immediately killed off in the first episode and you're bragging about choices fucking mattering in S3 bruh.

Those were imported choices from S2. Also I was reffering to choices like these:

• Accepting the Plan or Shooting Conrad
    • Leave Richmond or Stick to David's plan
    • Shoot Max or Spare Max
    • Help Kate or Go after David and Gabe
    • Leave with Tripp or Eleanor
      (Yes I know the outcome is the same for some of these but you get alot of different dialog). Also Omid and Christa were major characters and look what happened to them in S2 Ep1.

And there's no way they knew they were going to make a S4 centered around kids at the time so they could've kept both of them alive in many different ways there was no excuses for what they did to them, not when they managed to keep Conrad alive for the whole game.

Ok I agree there but they did manage to bring Lily to S4 not to mention Eddie. People who got the Wellington ending wanted Kenny to show up to S4.

And pretty much all the characters were shit,so what made ANF so much better than Season 2 in the end ? lol.

The only characters in S2 that were acceptable (for me at least) were Clementine, Kenny, and Carver. The rest of the characters like the cabin group were terrible imo. And they all got wasted.
    True season 2 had more of a length and more exploration, but this is just my preference dude.

iFoRias posted: »

Why? Because they didn't kill off or abandon characters of the whole cast. Also the choices mattered much more then season 1 or season 2. Fo

• edited October 2019

@dylanwoods777

There's been an awakening. Have you felt it?

• I’m in Savannah, not Atlanta.

Since you're in Georgia now, are you gonna meet Melissa and Dave?

• Oh
    But did you planned on going?

I’m in Savannah, not Atlanta.

• Maybe briefly, but it’s just too far and too much money. Plus, I’ve got work and I’m already taking a few days off to go see Sabaton with a couple of friends in DC.

Oh But did you planned on going?

• I was right to be worried when I felt the ground shake after I admitted that A New Frontier was not that bad :joy:

lupinb0y posted: »

@dylanwoods777 There's been an awakening. Have you felt it?

• Their sales were declining after The Walking Dead: Season One, it was one of a kind, people just hopped on to play it, then went off to play Call of Duty when they completed it.

this game destroyed Telltale's reputation

But it didn't mate :joy: sure it was a product that people weren't satisfied with, but Telltale still held the reputation of being a storytelling powerhouse when that was ongoing.

Shitting on the game isn't going to make you like it any better, so why continue? Why even bother?

I get that people wanted the product in a particular way that's different to how the game actually turned out, but it's made out to be so ba

• @Poogers555
    You guys sure give Job J a lot of shit over his tenure, while I do understand that he could have performed better, that isn't to say he didn't try at all. Real mature

I have a feeling that I know who you are referring to, they weren't too kind or respectful towards Staff at all, I recall them making a snar

• I feel proud

DabigRG posted: »

Well lookie here--you actually kinda called something.

• edited October 2019

Telltale still held the reputation of being a storytelling powerhouse when that was ongoing.

I don't quite remember it that way. Yeah, they were addressed as such when talking about Walking Dead Season 1, but I don't remember that much storytelling praise being thrown at MCSM or Guardians (two other series running concurrently with ANF's ending) right after ANF was said and done. And both of them actually used some pretty good -> great choice-based mechanics. More cosmetic choices for the former, and more numerous, smaller consequences for the latter.
    The Batman series still got a lot more praise than usual at the time, and people were highly anticipating their take on Stranger Things, TWAU 2 and the Walking Dead Final Season, but there was a speed bump in there caused by ANF that I don't remember them being praised as much, and a few games after that just really did not sell well because of it...

Though part of that may have also been the Telltale Fatigue setting in...

Their sales were declining after The Walking Dead: Season One, it was one of a kind, people just hopped on to play it, then went off to play

• edited October 2019

I don't quite remember it that way. Yeah, they were addressed as such when talking about Walking Dead Season 1, but I don't remember that much storytelling praise being thrown at MCSM or Guardians.

True, I was more so referring to Telltale as a whole, that at the time, they were still regarded as a powerhouse best known for The Walking Dead: Season One. My bad for not clarifying.

Batman got a lot of praise, and people were highly anticipating their take on Stranger Things and the Walking Dead Final Season, but there was a speed bump in there caused by ANF that I don't remember them being praised as much, and a few games after that just really did not sell well...

That is true, but I wouldn't consider A New Frontier as being the game that destroyed the studio, as much as other people on here may think it did. It was more to do with your point that Telltale fatigue may have been kicking in. I bought a bunch of Telltale games back in 2017, and the Telltale fatigue hit me when I got to Minecraft: Story Mode, which was the last couple of games I had to play.

AChicken posted: »

Telltale still held the reputation of being a storytelling powerhouse when that was ongoing. I don't quite remember it that way. Yea

• Hey guys, what’s going on...

sees several people arguing over ANF again and threads calling Poogs homophobic

Ight, imma head out.

Hey guys, what’s going on... sees several people arguing over ANF again and threads calling Poogs homophobic Ight, imma head out.

• edited October 2019

That thread was fairly ridiculous to be honest, creating fake messages just to stir up a fight...

Hey guys, what’s going on... sees several people arguing over ANF again and threads calling Poogs homophobic Ight, imma head out.

• Season 2 isn't great either. It also has a ton of problems that I can't overlook, not exaggerating, but the thing with Season 2 is it's main story and characters and most plot points are much better than that of ANF.

Menofthe214 posted: »

I liked A New Frontier, imo it's better then Season 2. Why? Because they didn't kill off or abandon characters of the whole cast. Also the c

• 'A lot of shit' is criticising Job's AMA's. When did anyone say he didn't try at all?

@Poogers555 You guys sure give Job J a lot of shit over his tenure, while I do understand that he could have performed better, that isn't to say he didn't try at all. Real mature

• I meant a lot of shit over his time as Community Manager, and that he did try, and that no one can say he didn't try. But not too many are appreciative of his efforts, instead they dig into the errors made. I suck at descriptions

Ghetsis posted: »

'A lot of shit' is criticising Job's AMA's. When did anyone say he didn't try at all?

• I'd rather not make a big derailing thread when all I said during this was job left the AMA for a week but you seem to forget a lot of people dont like Job because of what he was saying in the AMA when he finally did do it where he just insulted everyone there if he didnt like their question and then got mad people wrote him something insulting back. I remember that was at the very start of the ANF mess and people were looking forward to it to get answers because at that time everyone had good faith in Job, but then he disappeared and there was confusion, and then he came back with a very strange chip on his shoulder that turned the whole thing into a dumpster fire.

This also including Job later claiming Telltale was killing him in that "crunch" (which you know, he wasnt as he didnt actually develop the games) as he got a salary of almost 1 million a year and very clearly never did his actual job as he gets an all paid vacation to London to negotiate rights for a new game, but hey he also gets to be in London all weekend for free as a bonus after that one day meeting. Twitter and other Telltale social media was also barely active when he was in charge. Job was also very clearly a lot higher up on the food chain and was part of Telltale's horrible decisions that lead to the closure, and then blamed Pete Howley instead of Kevin Bruner when it was pretty obvious Bruner was the one largely responsible as Howley was trying to save a sinking ship Bruner left behind.

@Poogers555 You guys sure give Job J a lot of shit over his tenure, while I do understand that he could have performed better, that isn't to say he didn't try at all. Real mature

• edited October 2019

It's alright I get it, good luck.

Also I'm in WSC Atlanta and I'm gonna meet them

Maybe briefly, but it’s just too far and too much money. Plus, I’ve got work and I’m already taking a few days off to go see Sabaton with a couple of friends in DC.

• But it didn't mate

It did,i guess you probably forgot all the lies before ANF came out and after that,some people were maybe starting to get tired of telltale even before that but ANF was pretty much the last straw.

Their sales were declining after The Walking Dead: Season One, it was one of a kind, people just hopped on to play it, then went off to play

• Max and Lonnie not showing up was lazy but it's the same thing with the 400 days characters and Mike,Bonnie, and Arvo in S2. They did the same with James in S4.

No, it's not, mate. Max and Loonie determinantly disappear like they never even existed, RIGHT in the middle of the season. Max seemed important for this season since the first episode and Telltale wanted us to forget about him for no reason. It doesn't even matter if we kill him or not because Joan's people will always be on her side regardless if you expose her for what she has done.

I was reffering to characters like Javier, David, Kate, Gabe, Conrad, etc.

Javier doesn't determinantly die and it doesn't even matter if David, Kate or Gabe live, because the ending is the same with just different dialogue. Look at David, HE IS STILL MISSING at the end if you save him. Also, Conrad didn't do jack shit in Episode 4 and 5, the only reason he was kept alive was because he is the most killed determinant character and why he disappears at the beginning of Episode 5 after saving Javier in Episode 4 is beyond me.

Yeah but they still managed to bring back Lily and Eddie.

Who didn't do jack shit for the story. Lilly only came back because of fan request and Eddie was just there for an unnecessary cameo nobody wanted to kill. Not to mention Lilly just walks away in the worst possible way as a reward for people who spared her.

Menofthe214 posted: »

Yet was I supposed to be happy for them to survive? I've been rooting for these characters to die since Episode 1, except for Javier, Clem a

• People arguing about ANF, TWD S2, Kevin Bruner

Oh yeah, it's all coming together

• It's like I've been flung into the past of 2015.

People arguing about ANF, TWD S2, Kevin Bruner Oh yeah, it's all coming together

• Bryan Dechart, the voice of Connor from Detroit: Become Human, is currently playing through The Walking Dead Season 1 on his YouTube channel, and for his episode 3 video, he got Cissy Jones (voice of Katjaa) and Melissa Hutchison to join him.

• This dude is amazing. Detroit Become Human changed him for the best, that's for sure.

Bryan Dechart, the voice of Connor from Detroit: Become Human, is currently playing through The Walking Dead Season 1 on his YouTube channel, and for his episode 3 video, he got Cissy Jones (voice of Katjaa) and Melissa Hutchison to join him.

• edited October 2019

I have completed all my work for the semester! \( ' O ' )/

Finally I can goof off for a while... at least more so than I usually do anyway.

• edited October 2019

For episode 5 they had Owen Thomas (Omid) as a guest. Seems like a really nice guy.
    Should be available on Youtube soon enough.

Bryan Dechart, the voice of Connor from Detroit: Become Human, is currently playing through The Walking Dead Season 1 on his YouTube channel, and for his episode 3 video, he got Cissy Jones (voice of Katjaa) and Melissa Hutchison to join him.

• Same with Sam Raimi's Spider-Man 3?

I'm glad you like it and do not let anyone change your mind but I'll never forgive this game for what it was because it did the same mistakes as the movie, Alien 3 which I consider the worst movie I have ever seen in my life.

• edited October 2019

Got triggered over "it isn't as bad"?

Look, I get that you dislike the game so much, but you gotta at least be respectful towards people's opinions even if you don't agree with, heck, look at @AronDracula reply he/she doesn't like the game either but at least they respect @dylanwoods777 opinion on the game.

I get that people wanted the product in a particular way that's different to how the game actually turned out, but it's made out to be so ba

• Spider-Man 3 is overhated. It definitely has problems but I don't see how it's coming close as one of the worst movie ever made, it's not even on the same level with Superman 4 and Fant4stic.

On the other hand, there is no movie in this world that pissed me off more than Alien 3. I can't stand any of its shit because just like A New Frontier, it ignored and trashed the victory achieved in its predecessors and forced me to care for characters who did absolutely NOTHING for me to remember them. I'm actually surprised Alien 3 gets less hated than Spider-Man 3 and I don't fucking understand. Maybe I would have hated it less if it wasn't connected to the first movies.

Same with Sam Raimi's Spider-Man 3?

• edited October 2019

Yeah, I also think is overhated.

Since A New Frontier for you ignored and trashed the victory in its predecessors, what do you think about The Final Season? Did it succeed the victory achieved by it predecessors or did it also ignored, trashed the victory achieved by its predecessors and forced you to care for characters who nothing to remember?

Spider-Man 3 is overhated. It definitely has problems but I don't see how it's coming close as one of the worst movie ever made, it's not ev

• It was ok. It's not the best but not the worst either. I was expecting more because it was the finale of Clementine's story and it should have been a big deal but it wasn't. I do love some of its aspects though.

Yeah, I also think is overhated. Since A New Frontier for you ignored and trashed the victory in its predecessors, what do you think abou

• Maybe it's just me and you can trash me all you want but the new trailer for Star Wars Episode 9 just didn't do it for me.

• edited October 2019

Me:

Personally loved it. Loved everything about it. The visuals alone won me over with the glacier looking thing, the Star Destroyers rising from the oceans, the shot of the Resistance fleet, etc. The music, the dialogue and having the line "The Force will be with you. Always." by Luke and Leia was just the cherry on top.

Maybe it's just me and you can trash me all you want but the new trailer for Star Wars Episode 9 just didn't do it for me.

• Oh look at that! It's time to play Skyrim again for the hundredth time, and by play I mean spend about 20 hours modding it until it breaks which'll require me having to reinstall everything one by one until I find whatever it is that's breaking the game.

Only then will I be able to play as a stealth archer.

• I forgot about Volition finding the source code for Saints Row 2. Finally there will be a new patch fixing the PC port and will have the DLC from the console version.

• That happened to me many times with GTA V mods.

lupinb0y posted: »

Oh look at that! It's time to play Skyrim again for the hundredth time, and by play I mean spend about 20 hours modding it until it breaks w

Sign in to comment in this discussion.