The Whatever's on Your Mind Megathread

Comments

• Man. This scene is probably after Rhys blows up and fuckin dies yo. I was only half joking before.

• Two most defining games of my childhood, both getting remakes in the same year.

I'm not sure to how to feel about it, I think I am overall excited but will just have to wait and see. Of the two games, I funnily enough think RE 4 needs it more. I actually think it's dialogue really needs some modern adjusting but I know I'm in the minority on that. But Silent Hill 2, I don't know. That game almost has more of a mystical charm when you play the original PS2 version, the distorted filter, the way every character just sounds awkward and creepy. Which I don't think was intentional, I'm pretty sure that was just early 2000's voice acting but it really made the game stand the test of time as feeling uncomfortable was very much the direction Team Silent wanted to go for.

So I'm kind of in-between both remakes, RE4's gameplay is excellent while it's story was only subpar. And SH 2's story is one of the most disgustingly beautiful things ever to be made in this medium. But I won't lie and say the gameplay was groundbreaking, it wasn't. And on replays the game is quite easy, I'm not one of those people who's against remakes mind, but I'm at the same time as excited as I am worried if that makes sense. These two games both getting a remake in one year though? Goddamn, what a time.

I'm a little sceptical of one of the dev teams though, Capcom Dev 1 is doing RE 4 so I'm pretty sure that's in safe hands, they did the RE 2 Remake and Devil May Cry 5. Two of the best games in 2019 and hell, I'd say DMC 5 was my favourite game of the last console generation with how fuckin' goat that game is. So I think RE 4 is in safe hands.

Meanwhile this Bloober Team developer Konami hired to make SH 2 has me a bit worried I'll admit, I have never heard of them before but from what I heard they do have a dodgy track record. And as we are all aware, Konami has been pretty much throwing their shit on the walls since 2015 and has only now decided to actually do something productive again. Let's not forget what happened with Kojima and his production studio. But that's only the start, we have all those disgusting pachinkos, monetized phone games and Metal Gear Survive.

tl;dr: I'm excited and scared at the same time. And not cause the games are spooky (RE 4 isn't spooky in the slightest lol)

AronDracula posted: »

Yep, this is in fact true. Silent Hill 2 is being remade and set to release in 2023. Same year with Resident Evil 4 Remake.

• That's so typical of him lol.

lupinb0y posted: »

Him protecting his Tweets was a bit odd though. From what I heard his account got protected because he started mass blocking people and Twitter thought he was a bot or something which is pretty funny.

• I might be missing something, and I know it's developed by Bloober, but isn't this still pachinko machine, metal gear survive, Silent Hills ending Konami we're talking about? Even if this remake turns out to be great, Konami is still profiting off it right? I would've imagine this would still be a tough sell because of their reputation.

Yep, this is in fact true. Silent Hill 2 is being remade and set to release in 2023. Same year with Resident Evil 4 Remake.

• Honestly there comes a point where a sequel looks so bad I don't consider it canon, especially when none of the original writers are in it. So it's like a fanfiction where I'm getting the impression the writers are barely fans of the first game if at all.

Rhys might blow up in this, but with what I've seen so far I can't even get angry.

Poogers555 posted: »

Man. This scene is probably after Rhys blows up and fuckin dies yo. I was only half joking before. https://twitter.com/Borderlands/status/1582808803724099585

• edited October 2022

I've seen so many "Well... I've heard some original writers are part of this..." going around as why some people are still interested even though its a complete lie. RIP the original writers reputation getting roped into this because Gearbox chose to just lie as part of their marketing.

Also starting to get vibes that this game is gonna be really short. Like I know Gearbox loves to keep showing the same shit in each trailer but it almost feels at this point its because there isnt much to show. Like every location we've seen is Fran's place, the sewer, Promethea Outskirts as the fight starts, and the Atlas spaceship.

I really was only half kidding about Rhys dying but honestly I think Rhys will probably die at the start. Putting together what we see in the trailers, it looks like Rhys is on that Atlas spaceship, Anu says Tediore thinks a vault key is on it. We see Anu crash land in an Atlas car from space (like how Rhys and Vaughn did) It also seems there will be a choice to escape with Timm-E. Now we see Coldwell giving her ominous speech which seems to be right as she takes over the Atlas station. We have almost no Rhys footage and the footage we do all takes place in the office. So here's hoping Rhys is just "captured" or something because killing Rhys would be lame as fuck, but I wouldn't put it past these writers, they did already kill Cassius and treated everything about him as a joke.

The idea of Rhys dying isn't even "bad" on paper. Its really just bad because of who is writing it and just knowing nothing about this game's narrative and its characters will be done well to justify the major plot beats such as killing Rhys.

Cocoa2736 posted: »

Honestly there comes a point where a sequel looks so bad I don't consider it canon, especially when none of the original writers are in it.

• Of the two games, I funnily enough think RE 4 needs it more. I actually think it's dialogue really needs some modern adjusting but I know I'm in the minority on that. But Silent Hill 2, I don't know. That game almost has more of a mystical charm when you play the original PS2 version, the distorted filter, the way every character just sounds awkward and creepy. Which I don't think was intentional, I'm pretty sure that was just early 2000's voice acting but it really made the game stand the test of time as feeling uncomfortable was very much the direction Team Silent wanted to go for.

Yeah, SH2 wasn't dated enough to deserve a remake. I played it last year. RE4 remake feels more needed due to the lack of horror elements and maybe get rid of its few silly moment.

Meanwhile this Bloober Team developer Konami hired to make SH 2 has me a bit worried I'll admit, I have never heard of them before but from what I heard they do have a dodgy track record.

Bloober Team would have never been my choice to develop a classic like Silent Hill. A few months ago, I played their most known title, Layers of Fear, and despite all the praises that I heard, I myself HATED that game. Finished it in one sitting and I uninstalled immediately. It wasn't a survival horror game, it was a haunted house tourism with predictable jumpscares. There was nothing unique about that game. I would have chosen Bluepoint Games because they did a great job with the remakes of Demon's Souls and Shadow of the Collossus. I will give Bloober a chance to win me over but I'm not gonna be very obsessed with their take on Silent Hill 2.

tl;dr: I'm excited and scared at the same time. And not cause the games are spooky (RE 4 isn't spooky in the slightest lol)

I am more interested in the other SH titles announced. Mainly Silent Hill F (What kind of name is that?) because it seems like it's going to take place in japan and it's a complete new entry with a new story. Also, from what I have heard, Silent Hill Ascension is going to be like a Telltale/Quantic Dream type of game in which you create your own Silent Hill story with your own choices.

CathalOHara posted: »

Two most defining games of my childhood, both getting remakes in the same year. I'm not sure to how to feel about it, I think I am overal

• Never played a Silent Hill game in my life, but it's looking like I'm going to in the future.

No Code & Annapurna are making Silent Hill: Townfall, and from those company names alone, I'm already on board with this project! Love their stuff, and now they're working together? mind-blown...

Of the two games, I funnily enough think RE 4 needs it more. I actually think it's dialogue really needs some modern adjusting but I know I'

• I'd definitely recommend the first four games. They are kind of hard to get though. Silent Hill 1 is a Playstation 1 exclusive and the easiest way to access it is through either emulation or buy a PS3 to get it from the PSN store which is what I did. Then I played SH 2 and 3 on PC by torrenting them (With the addition of Enhanced Edition for SH2) and I bought SH4 on GOG.

AChicken posted: »

Never played a Silent Hill game in my life, but it's looking like I'm going to in the future. No Code & Annapurna are making Silent H

• If I am reading the release schedule correct, in the morning New Tales will be available in Australia and thus will be posted online, the curtain finally unveiled. What horrors are in store? I'll be on my way to find out.

• WHAT DID THEY DO TO RHYS??? He’s not even the same character here.

• Holy hell. At this point Rhys and """"Rhys Strongfork"""" are just different characters. Now Rhys is just an extreme douche bag. I have not found any full videos posted yet but this review list Rhys as the very first thing thing they hated about the game, so I can only imagine it gets worst.

https://www.rockpapershotgun.com/new-tales-from-the-borderlands-review

4k60fpsHDR posted: »

WHAT DID THEY DO TO RHYS??? He’s not even the same character here.

• Appeared for 10 minutes and already ruined his character. Thanks Gearbox.

• edited October 2022

Alright guys live reaction I’m about to watch this let’s see:

Update: I skipped to Rhys’ part. It sucks. Not canon. Goodbye.

• edited October 2022

What happened to his arc? He’s like a brand new character?

They show his old suit, Vasquez car, mention him ripping his eye out, yet he’s a total asshole here.

The whole point of Rhys’ arc was that he could still follow the Milton Friedman philosophy of maximizing shareholder profits and growing his corporation while supporting his employees and not destroying the world around him. Why is he being a complete ass now? He’s even worse than Vasquez in the original game. Did the new writers even play Tales???

Holy hell. At this point Rhys and """"Rhys Strongfork"""" are just different characters. Now Rhys is just an extreme douche bag. I have not

• edited October 2022

I mean I posted this earlier, but that scene where Anu's friend talks about Atlas is basically the exact opposite of the last words Rhys says in the original. Rhys and his character arch was mainly about him finding his own path, doing things his own way, becoming disillusioned by Jack, corporations and people like Vasquez. I mean the last thing Rhys says no matter what or how you play the game is "Money isn't everything and it doesn't have to drive your existence." So anyway, now Rhys is a complete asshole completely driven by money and success. Honestly that scene alone feels worse than Vaughn. At least Vaughn was flanderized, Rhys doesn't even feel like he is suppose to be the same character.

What happened to his arc? He’s like a brand new character? They show his old suit, Vasquez car, mention him ripping his eye out, yet he’s

• Thanks I hate it

• WHAT DID THEY DO TO RHYS??? He’s not even the same character here.

Yeah, the grass is green and the sky is blue, I know.

• I say we all make Strongforks a non-canon fanfiction version of Rhys. This is just ugly character "development" for him.

• Hot damn, that review is SCATHING

Holy hell. At this point Rhys and """"Rhys Strongfork"""" are just different characters. Now Rhys is just an extreme douche bag. I have not

• edited October 2022

̶I̶ ̶d̶o̶n̶'̶t̶ ̶k̶n̶o̶w̶ ̶h̶o̶w̶ ̶t̶o̶ ̶f̶e̶e̶l̶ ̶a̶b̶o̶u̶t̶ ̶t̶h̶e̶ ̶R̶E̶ ̶4̶ ̶r̶e̶m̶a̶k̶e̶ ̶a̶f̶t̶e̶r̶ ̶w̶a̶t̶c̶h̶i̶n̶g̶ ̶t̶h̶e̶ ̶s̶t̶o̶r̶y̶ ̶t̶r̶a̶i̶l̶e̶r̶.̶
    ̶
    ̶I̶t̶ ̶l̶o̶o̶k̶s̶ ̶l̶i̶k̶e̶ ̶a̶ ̶l̶o̶t̶ ̶o̶f̶ ̶t̶h̶o̶u̶g̶h̶t̶ ̶w̶a̶s̶ ̶p̶u̶t̶ ̶i̶n̶t̶o̶ ̶i̶t̶,̶ ̶b̶u̶t̶ ̶i̶t̶'̶s̶ ̶h̶i̶t̶t̶i̶n̶g̶ ̶s̶o̶m̶e̶ ̶s̶o̶r̶t̶ ̶o̶f̶ ̶v̶i̶d̶e̶o̶ ̶g̶a̶m̶e̶ ̶u̶n̶c̶a̶n̶n̶y̶ ̶v̶a̶l̶l̶e̶y̶ ̶f̶o̶r̶ ̶m̶e̶.̶ ̶I̶t̶'̶s̶ ̶w̶a̶l̶k̶i̶n̶g̶ ̶t̶h̶e̶ ̶l̶i̶n̶e̶ ̶o̶f̶ ̶b̶o̶t̶h̶ ̶l̶o̶o̶k̶i̶n̶g̶ ̶l̶i̶k̶e̶ ̶R̶E̶ ̶4̶ ̶a̶n̶d̶ ̶n̶o̶t̶ ̶l̶o̶o̶k̶i̶n̶g̶ ̶l̶i̶k̶e̶ ̶R̶E̶ ̶4̶.̶ ̶I̶t̶ ̶l̶o̶o̶k̶s̶ ̶g̶o̶o̶d̶ ̶a̶n̶d̶ ̶k̶i̶n̶d̶o̶f̶ ̶o̶f̶f̶-̶p̶u̶t̶t̶i̶n̶g̶ ̶a̶t̶ ̶t̶h̶e̶ ̶s̶a̶m̶e̶ ̶t̶i̶m̶e̶ ̶b̶e̶c̶a̶u̶s̶e̶ ̶o̶f̶ ̶t̶h̶a̶t̶.̶
    ̶
    ̶I̶'̶m̶ ̶s̶t̶i̶l̶l̶ ̶i̶n̶t̶e̶r̶e̶s̶t̶e̶d̶ ̶i̶n̶ ̶i̶t̶ ̶t̶h̶o̶u̶g̶h̶.̶

Edit: I just saw the gameplay trailer.

Nevermind. I’m hyped.

• I think Bluepoint are owned by Sony now and Konami do eventually want this to be on all platforms, I think that's the entire reason they went for a smaller company, just because it's cheaper.

Silent Hill F? Maybe Silent Hill Five? I donno, I don't even think it's in early development yet though so it's a ways off.

Of the two games, I funnily enough think RE 4 needs it more. I actually think it's dialogue really needs some modern adjusting but I know I'

• Rejoice

Disney Plus Canada now has the 2003 MTV Spider-Man: The New Animated Series show! I've only ever owned this on DVD, wild to see it on a streaming service, let alone Disney.

• They really did just undo his character arc of not wanting to be like Handsome Jack and made him just like Handsome Jack...

• RE 4 Remake demo has honestly washed away any doubt I had for it, goddamn. It looked hype. The knife parry is such goatness I can't contain myself.

• The RE4 Remake gameplay has Leon shooting an oil lantern that falls on a cow, setting it on fire, causing it to charge into an enemy, and explode into flames before saying, "Bill me for the repairs later!"

10/10
    100/100
    GOTY CONFIRMED

• RE4 remake has won me over completely. I was skeptical first but after seeing gameplay, I am absolutely hyped. It might end up my favorite of the RE-imagined games. The only things that was off for me was Ada's new voice actor. Nick, who voices Leon in both this and RE2 remake, he does such an amazing job at making Leon sound older and more mature. Why didn't they bring back the actress who played Ada in RE2 remake? It didn't even seem like she needed to change her voice cause I could hear her sound the same considering she is older than Leon.

Nonetheless, I am more excited for this one than Silent Hill 2 remake because that game is developed by Bloober Team which didn't really make anything that earned my attention. I think Capcom is aware how important Resident Evil 4 is to a lot of people. Konami still has to earn the way they revive a classic IP.

• I swear Doctor Loomis has been on the rise in the memes. I've seen him at least 4 times the last two days. I get that the new Halloween movie has come out, but we've had a few of those lately.

I'm not complaining though. They're used hilariously.

bloop posted: »

They really did just undo his character arc of not wanting to be like Handsome Jack and made him just like Handsome Jack...

• edited October 2022

That's because Dr. Loomis was the best part of the original Halloween movies, Donald Pleasence played him wonderfully. We all know the best performances are turned into memes.

I swear Doctor Loomis has been on the rise in the memes. I've seen him at least 4 times the last two days. I get that the new Halloween movie has come out, but we've had a few of those lately. I'm not complaining though. They're used hilariously.

• I SHOT HIM SIX TIMES!!!! I SHOT HIM SIX TIMES!!!! I SHOT HIM IN THE HAR!!!! I SHOT HIM SIX TIMES!!!

bloop posted: »

That's because Dr. Loomis was the best part of the original Halloween movies, Donald Pleasence played him wonderfully. We all know the best performances are turned into memes.

• edited October 2022

Donald Pleasence knew exactly what the Halloween movies were and rolled with it. The movies wouldn't be the same without him.

Also while we're talking about it, Danielle Harris who plays the little girl in Halloween 4 and 5 was one of the best child actors I've seen. I was binging the Halloween movies with a friend a little while ago and it struck me how solid her acting was for her age. It's so weird seeing this kid give her all in such a crappy movie (moreso Halloween 5, 4 was okay).

I swear Doctor Loomis has been on the rise in the memes. I've seen him at least 4 times the last two days. I get that the new Halloween movie has come out, but we've had a few of those lately. I'm not complaining though. They're used hilariously.

• edited October 2022

This is for the portal fans

Portal 2 is my sister’s favorite game and her birthday was not too long ago ago. I got her a companion cube plush a while back and I wanted to get her another thing from the game. I looked around and I found what is now in my top 3 favorite toys of all time.

https://youtube.com/clip/UgkxeDTkc9s9meK7fGgiiwAbVzyATUEZ8H3Y

(It was not cheap, no. Also not my vid)

• I can't get over A Plague Tale Requiem. It's one of the best games I have played this year and the story got me by the heart.

• I want that potato. How much did it cost?

Cocoa2736 posted: »

This is for the portal fans Portal 2 is my sister’s favorite game and her birthday was not too long ago ago. I got her a companion cube p

• edited October 2022

I would tell you too much, if I didn’t use refunded concert tickets from a delayed show I was going to see with my sister to pay for it (didn’t break the bank though).

It’s been discontinued and where I got it seemed to be the only place I could find it. I was actually looking for a Wheatley plush but I couldn’t find the official one for sale anywhere.

Speaking of Wheatley, I found this today. This I want for myself

Also this

https://www.reddit.com/r/Portal/comments/w2d9v1/my_new_miniature_1500_mw_aperture_science_heavy/?utm_source=share&utm_medium=ios_app&utm_name=iossmf

They’re 3D printed and I don’t have a 3D printer sadly

Menofthe214 posted: »

I want that potato. How much did it cost?

• New Dragon Prince clip.

Feels like it kind of defeats the purpose of calling this the Mystery of Aaravos if you sort of given it away, but I'm sure there will be more. Such as why he's been pulling the strings.

• Yooooo, I'm actually looking forward to this. I've always heard so many good things about the series, but felt lost when I tried Witcher 3.

• I'm gonna be honest with you. If you felt lost at W3 it's probably not gonna be any different with this one. With W3 you have problems following the story/places and the character relations I assume. If they keep the og story of W1 I'd say you're gonna have even bigger problems with it as it begins practically immediately after the events of the last book of the Witcher Saga. And i'm gonna tell you W1 is absolutely filled with references, characters and even dialogs straight from the books. I'd say for a newcommer W3 is the easiest entry to the Witcher trilogy, cos you don't really have to play or read any previous installments (as with TT Games choices don't mean jack, book events aren't that big part of the story, etc.). W1 is much, much harder to follow imo.

Sorry for potentially fucking up your enthusiasm :P

Yooooo, I'm actually looking forward to this. I've always heard so many good things about the series, but felt lost when I tried Witcher 3. https://twitter.com/witchergame/status/1585270206305386497

• This is a weird question, but if there was an actual TFTBL2 what would you have wanted to see? From like Gameplay to story and characters? All that stuff.

• Have the 'shave or keep mustache' option from BL3 carry over instead of keeping mustache being forced canon. Joking aside, if things had gone differently in the main BL games, I would've liked to see Cassius work on more experiments for Atlas after Rhys took that over. I think there's a lot of fun things they could've done with psychedelic plants for example, maybe even find a vault that only exists on the ethereal plane. That could've also lead to exploring robot consciousness with Loader Bot and Gortys, if there's still a unique way to do that.

This is a weird question, but if there was an actual TFTBL2 what would you have wanted to see? From like Gameplay to story and characters? All that stuff.

Sign in to comment in this discussion.