The Whatever's on Your Mind Megathread

1465546564657465846594661»

Comments

• Borderlands movie after escaping from the terrible video game movie discussion

lupinb0y posted: »

Me to Minecraft: Story Mode

• edited September 5

How the hell come?

He didn't even shave his beard. And no, I don't want them to cut it through CGI like they did with Henry Cavill.

captainivy1 posted: »

No, it isn't.

• I mean... Steve is just like, a guy in a blue shirt. It's hardly the same thing as turning Glad0s into an anthropomorphic robot.

AronDracula posted: »

How the hell come? He didn't even shave his beard. And no, I don't want them to cut it through CGI like they did with Henry Cavill.

• He isn't just guy. He is a BLOCK character, with short hair, blue eyes and a goatee. And Jack is just full on beard, with brown eyes, and overweight (No offense to him personally).
    If he never said his name, I wouldn't have believed he was the character.

Penguinz0 said it best: "That's like casting me in a Simpsons live action film because I wear a white shirt"

lupinb0y posted: »

I mean... Steve is just like, a guy in a blue shirt. It's hardly the same thing as turning Glad0s into an anthropomorphic robot.

• Trying to figure out how vampire astronauts could handle the sunrise/sunset problem when it happens multiple times per day.

• Yeah he's a block guy but for all intents and purposes he is just a guy so of course he's human in this, and a blue shirt and jeans is pretty much all you need to identify him, especially for kids. I'm not saying by that he isn't an iconic character by this point and yeah if this were an animated movie I'd be disappointed he isn't isn't cubed up, but like this really isn't that serious of a "change."

He isn't just guy. He is a BLOCK character, with short hair, blue eyes and a goatee. And Jack is just full on beard, with brown eyes, and ov

• If the entire spaceship is a coffin, does that suffice?

WarpSpeed posted: »

Trying to figure out how vampire astronauts could handle the sunrise/sunset problem when it happens multiple times per day.

• I like it!

If the entire spaceship is a coffin, does that suffice?

• Finally watched TMNT 2023 on a plane ride.

If they could make most animated films just like this, Puss in Boots: The Last Wish and Spiderverse from now on that’d be perfect, thank you

• If you told me 10 years ago that these would be my favorite teenage/young adult girls in gaming instead of the ones that I first grew up with, I would have objected the hell out of ya.

• I knew this was gonna happen. Everyone in their 90's have lived long enough. However, I still wasn't ready for it.

Rest in Peace, James!

• Who's that first one from? I recognize the others (glad you enjoy Maya).

If you told me 10 years ago that these would be my favorite teenage/young adult girls in gaming instead of the ones that I first grew up with, I would have objected the hell out of ya. (Spoiler)

• Amicia, she's from the Plague Tales games. If you haven't already, give them a shot they're very good!

dojo32161 posted: »

Who's that first one from? I recognize the others (glad you enjoy Maya).

• Amicia De Rune from A Plague Tale Innocence and Requiem.

Highly recommend the games. They are insanely good for an AA budget.

dojo32161 posted: »

Who's that first one from? I recognize the others (glad you enjoy Maya).

• JenniferJennifer Moderator
    edited September 10

M2's Sega Genesis/Mega Drive Mini 2 ports of Space Harrier and Space Harrier II use the 128KB VDP mode from the rare Sega TeraDrive computer that combined Sega Genesis hardware with an IBM PC/AT-compatible 286 processor clocked at 10 Mhz.

Essentially, the Mini 2 emulates the Sega Genesis/Sega Mega Drive, the Sega/Mega CD, and the TeraDrive.

I never thought I'd see Sega release a product in modern times related to any of their computers, but leave it to M2 to prove me wrong.

• So someone on YouTube is making an animated series adaption of Minecraft: Story Mode, but for legal reasons it's titled 'Block By Block: The Amulet'. It'll be a "reimagining" of the original game according to the creator and seems like the characters have been redubbed if the tiny bits of audible voice acting are anything to go by. It looks like a really ambitious project!

• God, I am so close to finish the Phoenix Wright trilogy. With only the very last case. Sadly, have to delay it because vacation for 3 weeks.

I will say though, I liked Case 4 of T&T. I am glad it was only 2 hours because one thing I don't like about Ace Attorney is the pacing. Some of the cases are way longer than they need to be, so it felt good to see one of the last cases in one game be short.

Another thing to say is:

Fuck Edgeworth in this case. I know this is a prequel case, being Mia's very first case as a lawyer, with all well explained decisions and purposes but doesn't change how much of a dick Miles was here. I can definitely tell he was taught under Manfred von Karma. If they chose this to be Edgeworth's debut to the story, I definitely would have wished he was guilty in Case 4 of the first game. This is a compliment if that wasn't clear enough.

• I hope you'll enjoy the final case, in a way, it brings everything that happened in this trilogy in a full circle.
    As for the pacing, yeah, some cases aren't meant to be finished in one day, some of them take atleast 2-3 days to finish assuming you are not speeding up the dialogue.

After this, you should definitely check out the Ace Attorney Investigations Collection that came out recently as it takes place after the trilogy and it's kind of Miles Edgeworth's saga and gives his character a lot of growth and a neat conclusion to his own story.

God, I am so close to finish the Phoenix Wright trilogy. With only the very last case. Sadly, have to delay it because vacation for 3 weeks.

• So I replayed both LIS Before the Storm and True Colors.

Before the Storm I still found pretty weak. I think it is actually Deck Nine's best game, but the actual story still feels like poor fan fiction. I don't really know how to describe it, it doesn't feel like "real" events that happened before the first game. It just feels like somethings off. Like for example how you can make Chloe and David get along pretty normally and Chloe and Rachel have a pretty crazy backstory that doesn't feel like it blends too well with the original game in my opinion. I do think having Rachel be in the game is kind of its biggest problem because Rachel was a character who kind of worked best when you don't know who they really were, but now you do have an idea who she was and it kind of takes that away.

It wasn't that bad on a replay though. I didn't really get bored of it and I was still interested enough to keep going. But it does feel like fan fiction to me.

I did not like replaying TC at all though. I kind of expected myself not to like it because I didn't like it the first time I played but I honestly wish I just quit instead of playing the whole thing again.

I still cant get over Alex falling directly down a mineshaft and not even breaking her glasses let alone bones just for the "muh dad who was mentioned maybe twice... DIED HERE???" like it really means anything. It is kind of crazy how disconnected the ending is from the rest of the story, but the actual plot is already so flimsy anyway so I guess it is fitting.

It was interesting to see Seph back to back, but I also think Seph was pretty boring in Before the Storm and honestly TC kind of does a poor job letting you get to know her more. Both Seph and Ryan are also incredibly bland and boring characters. TC also really lacks any kind of proper antagonist. Something I think works so well in the original LIS is that there are plenty of antagonistic characters. Even Chloe can be somewhat antagonistic to you. Seph and Ryan just do whatever you say (although Ryan at the literal last minute can "betray" you, but it is also has no real impact because the game is over by then). Jed is a joke of a villain, and even when I first played I hated how I knew he'd be the twist, which leaves Charlette Mac and the cop being the only other characters who can be "kind of" antagonistic. Mac gets resolved pretty quickly, Charlotte isn't even in it that much and we get more in her way than her going after us, and then the cop is pressured into trying to stop you for 1 scene. I feel like having characters like Victoria David and Nathan worked really well with the original game , especially Victoria. Obviously very different settings so you probably wouldn't "get" someone like her in TC setting, but my point being was there was side characters that were meant to be antagonistic to you. It just added more flavor than walking around perfect fantasy land with 2 people who just do whatever you tell them to. These characters also added more to the mystery, "What do they know? Are they antagonistic because they do know something? Do they actually even know anything?"

Went on too long about something that specific. Generally there are no choices, characters are boring, whole game is kind of a slog even though it isn't actually that long. The emotion power is also just really boring and it never really offers anything that unique. The story also just has no agency. My brother is dead and I must find out the truth, right after the town wide larp!!!

I really hope DE is a step up from TC. I feel like recapturing what made the first game as good as it was was the premises of it and I don't really know how they'd recapture a lot of that without just doing it again. I think something about the first game that adds a lot to it is the fact Max is a student. She's an adult but she also doesn't exactly have any authority and is still viewed as a kid by everyone. She still has to go to class and do homework. A lot of the original game is a mystery tied with a coming of age story and it plays into a lot of that, like how episode 3 has them sneaking around the school at night, which is pretty classic of the genre. I'm kind of rambling but I really feel like that vibe and that setting and those characters was key, and without it isn't really there.

From my understanding DE takes place during break, which I think is a bit of a wasted opportunity. I think if they are going to bring Max back and put her in a school again it would be interesting to frame the story from a teacher's perspective. I'm sure there will still be elements of that of some kind, but what I mean is it would be interesting to be the teacher who hears about all the student gossip and the murder/disappearance of a student. How does Max interact with her students? What about her fellow teachers? Right now it just seems like the students are on break so it is basically just another small town like TC. I'm sure there'll be some students, but you know what I mean.

I just hope DE has a story with agency that doesn't do the nightmare sequence for the finale again.

Sign in to comment in this discussion.