Unable to record Minecraft: Story Mode using Fraps

Well, this has ticked (pissed) me off for the past few days.

After I downloaded Episode 2, I attempted to record it using Fraps, but Fraps didn't seem to work properly.

Key points to remember before leaving a comment:

I restarted the game.
I restarted Fraps.
I uninstalled and reinstalled Fraps.
I uninstalled and reinstalled the game.
I attempted to use compatibility mode for both the game as well as Fraps.
I restarted the computer numerous times.

I have contacted Fraps about this and am currently waiting for a response.
I have attempted to contact Stauffer, Ortega, and Perusco about this and am currently waiting for a reply.

Comments

• I believe I might be able to help, me being a Youtuber and all.

Well, fraps is a mostly bad program on a lot of games. I've had tons of experience with pretty much all Recording software. (Debut, Bandicam, Fraps, EZ Recording, Etc.) That's the thing I've noticed with fraps. With very specific games, it's very reliable, but with others, it's shit. Now, a super simple and very easy to use program would be Bandicam, that's what I use, and it never lets me down, Have you tried using it yet? If not, I can give you a link, along with a way to keep it free (Not because I pirated it, it's because my version of Bandicam has a super weird bug where every 5 hours I record, you need to renew the membership again, I got the program from the youtuber girbeagly.)

If you do try Bandicam, and it doesn't work, I'm not sure what to tell you. The only times I've had any trouble recording games was when I was using Pinnacle to record my 360.

• OzzyUKOzzyUK Moderator

I have used Fraps in Story Mode and it worked perfectly, are all your drivers upto date as that can sometimes cause issues. If you are using a Nvidia graphics card you can use Nvidia Shadowplay that comes with the GeForce experience to record games.

The PR staff won't be able to help you with this issue so you could try contacting Telltale support to see if they can help.

• No, I do not have an Nvidia graphocs card. Its all AMD.

OzzyUK posted: »

I have used Fraps in Story Mode and it worked perfectly, are all your drivers upto date as that can sometimes cause issues. If you are using

• Well, going to perform a system restore.

• What do you mean that Fraps doesn't work properly?

Does it not record? Does it crash?

I'm a Fraps user, but I'm open to suggestions on better recording software.

• I have the same issue. After recording with no problem using FRAPS for both Episodes 1 & 2, FRAPS will no longer display the FPS counter overlay over Story Mode and won't even attempt to record it. I haven't changed anything, such as my graphics drivers, so I'm not sure why it would suddenly stop working for this game.

Occasionally, I can get the FPS counter to display over Story Mode for a few seconds when switching between another compatible video stream and Story Mode. Even so, if I attempt to record FRAPS will reserve 4GB of space on my hard drive for the video file and then crash almost immediately.

All my other games that FRAPS records are working as usual. I really don't get it.

• P.S. Try running the game in Full Screen Mode. Seems to work for me, but who knows if it will crash and destroy my video. I'd be pretty upset.

Sign in to comment in this discussion.