Season1: episode 1or 2?

edited July 2009 in Sam & Max
Which episode is funner 1 or 2 or Sam and Max season one?

Comments

• edited July 2009
    Both are similar. Culture Shock is great for standard Am and Max humour, whereas Situation: Comedy has more humor based around television in-jokes.
  • edited July 2009
    I really think of episode 1 of Season 1 to be more of a litmus test than anything. I think a lot of the elements are there, but I think 102 is more there than 101.
  • edited July 2009
    Episode 2 is better IMO just based off the classically trained english actor who happens to be a chicken and the colonel Sanders joke on "Midtown Cowboys". That, for me, is one of the funniest things I've ever seen in a game.
  • edited July 2009
    You can get so much fun out of Midtown cowboys in this episode if you stay away from a walkthrough and/or the correct solution for as long as possible
  • edited July 2009
    I prefer Culture Shock - the hype generated around the Eye-bo video (especially by Peepers) just cracked me up :D
  • edited July 2009
    Episode 2 was funnier.
    I loved the Midtown Cowboys theme song.
  • edited July 2009
    Personally I didn't think episode 1 was that good. I think it was by far the weakest episode.
  • edited July 2009
    For my taste 102 was better. My favorite "quest" was
    making the birthday cake.
  • edited July 2009
    Hmmm... two by a rabbit whisker... loved midtown cowboys and the cooking show
  • edited July 2009
    I loved 102. Never beat 101 though.
  • edited July 2009
    My favorite episode from the first season would be 105, Reality 2.0. Love all the little references to the classics.

But 102 is definitely better than 101, IMO.
  • edited July 2009
    Episode 1. I think nothing can beat a classic.
  • edited July 2009
    Eh. They're both good. Can't say either way. But 201 is AWESOME.
  • edited July 2009
    thatdude98 wrote: »
    Eh. They're both good. Can't say either way. But 201 is AWESOME.

Agreed. 201 was amazing, even if it wasn't a question in this thread. Probably the funniest one I've played so far, but I haven't played any of season 2 yet past 201.

It's been a while, but I think I remember 102 being funnier than 101. Season 1 really hits its stride in Episode 4 and after, though. Not that the first 3 aren't good, just that after 104 the bar was set a bit higher puzzle-wise and plot-ridiculousness-wise.
Sign in to comment in this discussion.