I can't get the game to work! Help!

edited July 2009 in Game Support
I wanted to try the demo for this game, but it wont work. :(

I'm on Windows XP Professional.

My computer runs 2.9 Ghz processor and has 4 Gig memory and an adequate video card.

When I try to launch the demo, the launch screen comes up. I choose "Launch Demo" and the launch screen disappears, but the game never begins.

I have re-download, re-install, and re-started the computer, but nothing makes it work.

What can I do? By the way, DirectX is updated properly as well.

Thanks!

:)

Comments

• WillWill Telltale Alumni
    edited July 2009
    What exactly is your video card? It makes a pretty big difference
  • edited July 2009
    I see now there is another thread going.

My card is:

Display Adapter: Mobile Intel(R) 945GM Express Chipset Family

Video memory size: 224 MBytes

All drivers are updated fully.
  • WillWill Telltale Alumni
    edited July 2009
    Unfortunately, we don't support Intel graphics cards. They really aren't designed for video game use. Some people have managed to get them to work but it's pretty hit and miss. You can try updating directX or turning off as many background programs as possible, but no promises I'm afraid. If you can't get it to work, we will be happy to offer you a refund. Just email support@telltalegames.com
  • edited July 2009
    Do you believe it's the video card if others are having an identical problem and have graphic cards that are not made by Intel?
  • edited July 2009
    Mahaloth wrote: »
    Do you believe it's the video card if others are having an identical problem and have graphic cards that are not made by Intel?

Intel cards are, largely, if not all, software accelerated. This carries with it some fairly substantial limitations. The 945GM is software accelerated. The problem may be the same as, say, NVidia or ATi users (I don't even get a launch screen so we're not really in the same boat there), but you may also have additional problems that hardware acceleration does not face, issues with Intel drivers, etc., etc..

I think Will is just stating the policy: Intel cards are not supported. Their reasoning may be different from the above, but it's the reason I avoid them in anything I may ever wish to consider using for gaming of any type.

If this is a desktop a fairly cheap PCI/PCI-E/AGP card should be able to run it, if that is the problem. Try Sam & Max Season 1 Episode 4 ("Lincoln Must Die"), and see if that works. If that opens then you know you're not having the same issues I am, at the very least, and that your card can at least run the older engine.
This discussion has been closed.