TV advert?

Here in the UK I just witnessed a Minecraft Storymode advertisement on the TV channel 'Boomerang'.

It had really poor video quality...xD. But I just thought I'd inform everyone for some unknown reason. It was different. Didn't know if anyone else had seen it before?

Is this the first time Telltale have advertised on TV? The only other time I could imagine would be for Sam and Max.

Comments

• Yeah I heard about it, Freelance said it was on Cartoon Network.

Is this the first time Telltale have advertised on TV?

TWD S2 had a trailer on AMC

• Wish I could have seen that. We don't have a dedicated AMC over here which is probably why I never saw it. :(

dojo32161 posted: »

Yeah I heard about it, Freelance said it was on Cartoon Network. Is this the first time Telltale have advertised on TV? TWD S2 had a trailer on AMC

• I think TWD Season 1 GOTY Edition did too like a few weeks before they aired commercials for Season 2.

dojo32161 posted: »

Yeah I heard about it, Freelance said it was on Cartoon Network. Is this the first time Telltale have advertised on TV? TWD S2 had a trailer on AMC

• Here's the ad if you're interested.

enter link description here

ImUrban posted: »

Wish I could have seen that. We don't have a dedicated AMC over here which is probably why I never saw it.

• edited November 2015

Yup, here it is.

enter link description here

I think TWD Season 1 GOTY Edition did too like a few weeks before they aired commercials for Season 2.

• JenniferJennifer Moderator
    edited November 2015

Is this the first time Telltale have advertised on TV? The only other time I could imagine would be for Sam and Max.

Yeah, you're right about Sam & Max getting television advertising. GameTap aired a television commercial for Sam & Max when they had a deal to have the episodes from the first two seasons premiere on their service. Also, when Atari picked up the rights to publish the first two Sam & Max at retail, they aired a commercial on Adult Swim.

In addition, there was a really wacky German television commercial for Telltale Texas Hold'em that was aired by the German publisher of that game. Telltale used to have it on their website when they hosted their own videos instead of using YouTube.

• I saw the advert on Cartoon Network. It DID have really (AND I MEAN REALLY) bad video quality!
    They used the girl character for the ad and I was like "Why not use the ORIGINAL character?!"

The gameplay also seemed...changed.

Anyways, I didn't like it. XD

• I was so confused about the quality! xD It was so poor and made the game look like one of them low budget PS2 games from 2004.
    Pretty sure they used all of the original models from the reveal trailer too, I'm not sure since my sister was watching the TV and my mum knowing about the game grabbed my attention. But you would have thought they'd clean it up, even just a little bit.

I saw the advert on Cartoon Network. It DID have really (AND I MEAN REALLY) bad video quality! They used the girl character for the ad and

• Is the ad different elsewhere because it looked 100% alright when I saw it on Cartoon Network.

I saw the advert on Cartoon Network. It DID have really (AND I MEAN REALLY) bad video quality! They used the girl character for the ad and

• No idea, this was on UK TV at around 8pm. Horrible quality, unlike any of the other adverts at the time. It was in the kids TV channel 'Boomerang' which is a bit like Cartoon Network.

Is the ad different elsewhere because it looked 100% alright when I saw it on Cartoon Network.

• Pretty nice to have the big money thrown around to get tv ads done.

• I wanna see that so bad, for some reason. xD

• BBRElite posted: »

I wanna see that so bad, for some reason. xD

• You're awesome, thank you!

lupinb0y posted: »

Here ya go. enter link description here

• The quality's not THAT bad. I've seen a Sonic Colours ad that literally had 360p gameplay quality. It could be better, though.

lupinb0y posted: »

Here ya go. enter link description here

• Yeah, it's not as horrible as everybody has been saying.

CosmicSouls posted: »

The quality's not THAT bad. I've seen a Sonic Colours ad that literally had 360p gameplay quality. It could be better, though.

• It may just be the US version that's like this, I saw the ad here in Australia and it was much better in terms of video quality.

Yeah, it's not as horrible as everybody has been saying.

• They gotta advertise it or no one is going to buy it

• I actually saw the advertisement one more time after I saw it originally. The quality shot up to horribly bad to at least 720p. Which is reasonable.

CosmicSouls posted: »

The quality's not THAT bad. I've seen a Sonic Colours ad that literally had 360p gameplay quality. It could be better, though.

Sign in to comment in this discussion.