TOMI buggy, won't let me play

edited July 2009 in Game Support
Hi,

I'm currently trying to get Tales of Monkey Island to work on my laptop running Windows 7 RC1.

Apart from the non-functioning shortcut which I fixed yesterday from one of the other forum posts, the game was playing fine, I managed to finish one of the first mazes.

Then yesterday evening when I tried to run it, it froze within about 10 seconds after loading my save. I thought, weird? and proceded to restart my computer to see if that would fix it. It did and I happily played it for about 2 hours.

This morning when I tried to play it, it has the same symptoms as before, loading and then freezing. However, this time, restarting doesn't fix anything, it just plays for varying lengths of time ranging from 0 seconds to 10 seconds.

Any help would be great! I was really enjoying the game!

Comments

• WillWill Telltale Alumni
    edited July 2009
    Any number of things could be causing this I'm afraid. You can try deleting your prefs.prop file from \my documents\telltale games\launch of the screaming narwhal. I'd also suggest updating your graphics drivers to the latest Win7 version, and make sure DirectX is fully up to date.
This discussion has been closed.