Why do I need to pay so much?

This game, in my opinion, is for money and money only. They lure you in with a fairly cheap game, then make you pay 20 for dollars. Not cool. If you have the same problem, post a comment.

Comments

• 20 MORE dollars

• edited November 2015

mod edit to remove insults - don't insult people - respect is the first rule of the forum guidelines

Assuming you play on the ios, because for PC you only need to pay a $25 and your done.
    So, they did say it was an five part episodic adventure game, they also did say only the first episode is included if you purchased it on ios.

• savage

mod edit to remove insults - don't insult people - respect is the first rule of the forum guidelines Assuming you play on the ios, becaus

• I wouldn't be so harsh, I play on iOS and it isn't really a feature shown in plain view and it doesn't obviously say anywhere that you need to pay for the rest of the episodes, seeing as a lot of people are playing minecraft story mode as their first telltale game I wouldn't be so cruel

mod edit to remove insults - don't insult people - respect is the first rule of the forum guidelines Assuming you play on the ios, becaus

• Yea it's their first telltale games their parents let them play and they thought it was only $5

I wouldn't be so harsh, I play on iOS and it isn't really a feature shown in plain view and it doesn't obviously say anywhere that you need

• If you've played their games before, you know how much each episode costs. To be fair, it's a lot better than paying for other, much more expensive games.

• edited November 2015

Paying $5 per episode on gaming consoles, or $25 on the PC/MAC versions, is honestly very cheap if you or your parents have enough money to spare. $25 total across all platforms for a game that has some replay value (In making different choices) and stays purchased in your library is a really good value for a game like this. I doubt it's a money grab in the first place anyways because they are advertising it on TV (I saw it when my kid was watching We Bare Bears, very cute show), and chances are they aren't going to take the money and stop developing the game mid-way after putting in the money for TV commercials.

EDIT: I didn't really want to compare the price of this game compared to, say, MMORPGs because that's not what this game is. It could be comparable to visual novels or turn-based games such as Eien no Aselia or One Way Heroics, respectively, but even then the game has it's own niche that you don't see at all in a majority of today's games.

• I hate looking at reviews for Telltale games on the Android Play Store, it irritates me when so many people complain about having to pay more than $5 for a quality game. :I

• This thread... oh my god this thread... come on...

• JenniferJennifer Moderator
    edited November 2015

Telltale releases their games as episodes over the course of a season, following the television series format. Their pricing model follows that format as well.

To put it into perspective, you might be able to buy one episode of your favorite television show on iTunes for a small amount of money. But, you're going to end up paying $20 or more, depending on how many episodes there are, in order to buy the entire season.

• Great way to put it!

Jennifer posted: »

Telltale releases their games as episodes over the course of a season, following the television series format. Their pricing model follows

• To be fair, Minecraft: Story Mode looks like it'll have the most differences based on choices :p

• You can justify the cost with all the comparisons you want but for me the point is, I got this because there was no indication of the usual charge per episode that ttg does and I felt that was a welcome change. As such I have knocked down my rating because for the price episode one is not worth it, its too short, a little fiddly at times and textures could be sharper. I won't be paying for future episodes based on that. Long shot as it is I did recommend in my updated review that based on misleading purchase screen (certainly on android at least) that anyone who purchased before ep2 release should be credited the whole game because the description indicates that's what they were buying. As I say long shot but would be the fair thing to do along with making it a lot clearer. Its not like we got a free ep to get a feel or anything, it was just buy the game.

• A lot of people especially kids which telltale is targeting with this game are not gonna have played the more adult targeting games and know how telltale works let alone the world

ChocoHallic posted: »

If you've played their games before, you know how much each episode costs. To be fair, it's a lot better than paying for other, much more expensive games.

• JenniferJennifer Moderator
    edited November 2015

Telltale has always been upfront about the fact that it's an episodic game. The Android product page states that it's a five episode series, and that the in-app purchases are $4.99-$14.99.

Adron001 posted: »

You can justify the cost with all the comparisons you want but for me the point is, I got this because there was no indication of the usual

• Episodic yes but I think you will find in previous games like the Walking dead series a line such as (Episode 2-5 can be purchased via in-app) is present, not so for this, a small detail to a company bent on pure profit a big deal to consumers.

• The game you're looking for is "Undertale."

prink34320 posted: »

To be fair, Minecraft: Story Mode looks like it'll have the most differences based on choices

• Oh thanks! That was the name, I wanted to look for that game!

DAISHI posted: »

The game you're looking for is "Undertale."

• games are expensive ive gotta wait tilli get payed to buy this game

Sign in to comment in this discussion.