Mild Language

Hi, sorry for the question in advance, but my daughter (9) is a huge Minecraft fan. I noticed on the ESRB it states "Mild Language". That's open to interpretation. Can someone please offer examples of mild language found throughout the game? Thanks again!

Comments

• There are a few instances of characters saying "hell," "crap", "damn", etc. Telltale wanted to make this game similar to an 80's family movie like Ghostbusters, Goonies, etc, so the mild language in this game will be used in a similar way.

• might be wrong on this but I think Jesee says damn chickens if you fail a QTE in episode 1, I can't really remember but there's probably more examples.

• edited November 2015

"Son of a bitch" and "shit" is included. The language is similar to Back to the Future.

Just kidding, only very very mild words such as "crap". I dont think you should be so protective of your kids anyway. I was playing GTA Vice City when I was 9 which has some strong profanity including "ass" and "shit" and neither me nor my parents had a problem with it.

• He said 9 on his post

"Son of a bitch" and "shit" is included. The language is similar to Back to the Future. Just kidding, only very very mild words such as "

• They are making jokes about not using f**k.

• Stuff like crap, damn, hell, and freaking. So, basically, it's fine to get for your daughter.

• edited November 2015

Hi! A majority of the more cautious language is in the first episode "Order of the Stone" words such as Crap (The most frequent), Hell (Used twice), Piss (Once). Damn (Is heard if you miss a QTE prompt) are heard, but in episode 2 "Crap" is used several times and some jokes (a character refers to a powerful weapon by calling it the F-Bomb, and a character tells someone to duck. but the person scolds the person cause he thought he heard them say "fuck" instead.) alluding to the word "fuck" is mentioned, but could completely be missed by younger players.

• and a joke alluding to the word "fuck" is mentioned

Two jokes

Hi! A majority of the more cautious language is in the first episode "Order of the Stone" words such as Crap (The most frequent), Hell (Used

• Oh right the old man in Redstonia. Thanks, Dojo.

dojo32161 posted: »

and a joke alluding to the word "fuck" is mentioned Two jokes

• I dont remember piss in e1. And i missed the "fuck" joke. When was those?

Oh right the old man in Redstonia. Thanks, Dojo.

• Jokes are in my comment, and piss is said by Axel through a dialogue tree. I don't remember what scene he says it or even what phrase triggers it.

I dont remember piss in e1. And i missed the "fuck" joke. When was those?

• Thanks to you all for your comments. I appreciate everyone's insight.

• Ya to be honest. I enjoy Family friendly (or Teen rated) stories more than i do with Mature ones. So i am glad this series has Mild Language. (Even though in episode 2, Magnus talks about the F-bomb)

There are a few instances of characters saying "hell," "crap", "damn", etc. Telltale wanted to make this game similar to an 80's family movie like Ghostbusters, Goonies, etc, so the mild language in this game will be used in a similar way.

• They won't be using any F-bombs, S-words, or more Suggestive curses I promise you. There are some suggestive jokes and themes, especially in episode 2. But other than that, if your kid has no problem with the use of Hell, crap, and a few damns here and there, and you sign off on it of course, It should go along very well and become a fun game for all ages. However, we're only in episode 2, and there are 3 more episodes coming out. So be sure to check in on this thread every now and then and we can let you know if any of the themes change. I will at least, Don't know what the others will decide on. XD

Sign in to comment in this discussion.