Telltale games iOS supported devices

Hey everyone,
As telltale is releasing its major titles on App Store, thei device compatibility moved from iPad 2/iPhone 4s to iPad 3/iPhone 5, with a note like *****NOT RECOMMENDED FOR LOWER DEVICES DUE TO SUB OPTIMAL PERFORMANCE******
But truth be told, i was smoothly able to play through GOT, TFTB, and even MCSM on my iPad 2
I would like to ask them why did they remove other devices support if we can play through? Despite minor lags.... Minor lags still wont affect the compatibility much!

Comments

• JenniferJennifer Moderator
    edited November 2015

It's because of the lags that they don't support these devices. If they officially supported these devices, people would complain about the lag, and it would be counter-productive to spend time dealing with support e-mails and phone calls for these devices as they are below Telltale's target hardware.

It's the same with Windows and Mac computers. Sometimes computers that are below the minimum specifications will play the game, but the performance is not optimal. Because of this, although it's possible to play them on these devices (with lags, or worse issues), you won't get official support for them if you have problems, as they're below the recommended specifications.

Sign in to comment in this discussion.