Unlimted Possibilities

Minecraft Story Mode has Unlimited Possibilities. I dont know how many stories your going to make, but I hope you make many. Story Mode is a huge opportunity for TellTale Games to be part of something very long term, because Minecraft itself will be around for a very long time and it will change over the decades to come. You could even get involved in Microsoft Hololense and Create 3D interatcive Story Modes for that, there is always a way to create a Virtual Interactive game for Hololense.

So please keep the Stories coming, as I dont want to play just 5 episodes and you end up moving on to something else.

Comments

• Oh god I hope not, I just want this this to be over so they would move on to a new game.

• edited November 2015

tl;dr at the end if you're too lazy to read all this

The entire point of "Story" mode is to be a story, and every book out there has an ending at one point or another. Dragging the story on will cause it to gradually lose hype and interest until people just get down right bored with it. Plus, if that happens the cost of making more episodes will overturn the revenue made from paying customers, either from lack of interest or from increasing the base cost. Let's say they increase the cost by another $5 per episode, and it stretches another 5 episodes - You're paying $50+ for a game that's going to eventually lose development and possibly have an incomplete ending because the developers couldn't continue it anymore. On top of that, the story would get bland for the players after the 5th episode too, because there would be no base to construct more stories due to the lore already being finished. You could compare it to, say, if J.K. Rowling continued the Harry Potter books passed the Deathly Hallows after she already concluded it. What would the story be about? {Harry Potter spoiler alert ahead} She already established that Harry and Ginny got married and had a kid down the line, sending their kid off to Hogwarts. That's a satisfying ending. If she continued past that, the book would no longer be about Harry Potter but about his kid, and even then it would involve stuff you've already seen in the last 7 books.{End Harry Potter spoilers}

Having 5 episodes is already good enough, especially if they can play their cards right for the ending of the story. They can still get involved with Hololense or whatever else they want to do with just 5 episodes, so long as all 5 are interesting. They already have all of the materials and hype they need from advertising, now they just need to deliver all 5 episodes in a good manner and they'll make more money by ending it good rather than continuing the story around a baseless plot line.

~~~

tl;dr Going past 5 episodes is bad for business and bad for the paying customer. Doing just 5 episodes is enough for both parties to be satisfied.

• Think about it for a moment. Why would people buy Minecraft Story Mode for all PC and Consoles etc if there is only One Story to Play? How Likely will people buy the game if there is only One Story to the Whole thing.. They will lose potential customers, anyone new coming game from telltale will lose customers because they couldnt be bothered to make more than one story for their version of minecraft,, People will never trust them again,,

• Pretty sure your first two questions were already answered from the fact that if they weren't getting customers from the first episode they wouldn't have went ahead with development on the 2nd or 3rd episode. Minecraft StoryMode is a game that fits a very small, unique niche of games that you won't really find anywhere else. That's the main thing that it has going right now.

Yeah they can make more different stories but none of the predecessors will be nearly as successful as the original 5 episodes from the original game. From an economical point of view, this makes it harder to net a profit in future releases where they could be put to better use planning the next big thing, rather than repeating something that's already been done. From a player's point of view, trust will not be lost because of the fact that the whole idea behind story mode is to be a 5 part story revolving around the original lore of Minecraft and why the player travels out doing things to begin with. There isn't much more to add on to it because Minecraft never had a solid story to begin with, and coming up with a new one that no one knows about will either give a fresh new look to the game, or have a negative backlash from players who are confused about how the story correlates to the original game (As of now this game and the original Minecraft game are two separate games in terms of gameplay, but we'll reference it for an easier time explaining things). It's a big risk they would be taking, which again could be put to better use for future bootleg movie/game games.

~~~

tl;dr Adding more stories alongside the current one would be cool, but there would be no base for it and it would take a long time to come up with anything fresh and new players will enjoy while still managing a good profit margin for the company.

• edited November 2015

Or they could hire more people then work on Both a Season 2 and a New Game.

Hire some more people and this will become an easy "Why not both" situation.

Oh god I hope not, I just want this this to be over so they would move on to a new game.

• edited November 2015

If Telltale game only makes one story for this game then I will cross them off my gaming list. I didnt just spend £17 for this game to have 5 hours of game play... If that happens Mojang made a big mistake giving telltale the rights to make this game.. This games provider is taking on the biggest player base it has ever had. If it dispoints minecraft customers it will get alot of bad press and it will surely lose its most valued customers.

• Mojang isn't really losing anything out of this whether it's a mistake or not. The only thing that might be lost is recognition for a game that they didn't even make - They only sold rights to make Minecraft Story Mode, whatever happened from there is almost all on Telltale Games' shoulders, not Mojang's.

• I haven't played season 2 of the Walking Dead, But I've heard that despite the dramatic conclusion of the first season, the second season did great.

And unlike Harry Potter, Minecraft is an expansive world with way more potential than Harry Potter's story allows. I think Telltale has enough skilled workers to make a Minecraft Story Mode Season 2 while still being fresh. It doesn't take much browsing on the internet to discover that Minecraft isn't just a story, its also a whole new medium.

And if you are worried about them not being able to make more games, how about they just expand the company, hire more workers and stuff like that?

Viminas posted: »

tl;dr at the end if you're too lazy to read all this The entire point of "Story" mode is to be a story, and every book out there has an e

• All these new users, welcome guys!

• I personally would like a second season to MCSM but I don't think it could happen but I would welcome the edition, I don't think players would find the next season boring and that telltale would lose revenue if they make it 10$ AUD for the rest of the season with an enticing lead up into the season it should all be fine for telltale

• I say, we wait for Minecraft Story Mode to finish up, and then we look at what unique things that they could have done.

As far as a medium goes, it think it safe to say that Minecraft is approaching Star Wars status if it isn't there already. Minecraft has a world and mechanics that's large and prominent enough to be explored in bits, and still generate a unique experience.

I have no doubt, that even when Minecraft Story Mode does well, there will still be a way to improve the formula to make it much better.

Pretty sure your first two questions were already answered from the fact that if they weren't getting customers from the first episode they

• I honestly don't care what they make. As long as it's made by telltale, I'll love it.

• Think about how miecraft servers work. The are many types of stories and situations that could take place within a season. You have other potential theats and boss fights. And for sure, Telltale have actually limited a players interactions with the minecraft world. Mostly everything is done for you, you dont really have to craft much at all. They spiced up the situation with the wither storm but im not really sure about this mega tnt.. Mojang understand that minecraft can have unlimited potential as it evolves and eventually in time the Story Mode Game will be thought of a a complete waste of money and time, if it does not evelove with Mojang.. I would have prefered Mojang to make a story mode game if its the case that this is just a one off by telltale..

• Im only here for Minecraft.. Everything else in Telltales Portfolio is not for me.. Im not interested in their other games.. They would have to make something very unique like a final fantasy type game. Personally if they really want to become really popular as a gaming provider they really should stick with popular games like minecraft, they have been given a right to make this version of minecraft and they should realise the opportunity they have with it... My idea about Hololens should be seriously considered because that piece of technology is the future of gaming..

• they wont be trusted again by minecraft players..

Key word Minecraft players. They've got tons of other fanbases.

• Story Mode will be 5 episodes and if sales are great along with critical acclaim they'll consider a second season in the future.

• OzzyUKOzzyUK Moderator

This game is a 5 episode series so once all 5 episodes have released the game will be over as the 5th episode will conclude the story, i guess there is always a possibility that they could make another season in the future but as of now Telltale haven't announced any plans for future seasons and will move on to different projects once Story Mode has finished.

As you are new i would just like to point out i am not a Telltale staff member so i don't know if they have any future plans for Story Mode other than what they announce on Twitter, Facebook or their Blog.

• Minecraft Story Mode has Unlimited Possibilities. I dont know how many stories your going to make, but I hope you make many.

As others have said, 5 episodes. It needs to be really good and/or have amazing sales to get one. Even then there's no guarantee.

Story Mode is a huge opportunity for TellTale Games to be part of something very long term, because Minecraft itself will be around for a very long time and it will change over the decades to come.

But Minecraft will eventually recede, and Telltale has to trend new areas for its continued success. This is why when they made The Walking Dead they also made The Wolf Among Us. The Walking Dead has far greater appeal and fans than the Fables comics of which the Wolf Among Us is based in. But by making that damn good game (definitely one of my favorites of all time), they not only introduced Fables readers to Telltale, which would result in them buying and loving the other games, it introduced Telltale people to Fables, so it was a win-win. Telltale's benefit from this game is that Minecraft players are introduced to their ever-growing fan base, but Minecraft itself surely wouldn't gain a significant amount of players solely because of this game. I could list more examples of the thing about Telltale introducing new fan bases to their games, but you know.

You could even get involved in Microsoft Hololense and Create 3D interatcive Story Modes for that, there is always a way to create a Virtual Interactive game for Hololense.

Well, the thing is, this technology would be very expensive for casual players. Telltale simply doesn't need advanced stuff to tell a great story. HoloLens wouldn't really make sense to play an adventure game, where majority of it is talking rather than action scenes.

So please keep the Stories coming, as I dont want to play just 5 episodes and you end up moving on to something else.

Telltale isn't your sequel galore kind of developer. The only post-Walking Dead game that got a sequel with a third one on the way is The Walking Dead, although Game of Thrones has been hinted at having one. Some of their best games: The Wolf Among Us and Tales From The Borderlands will likely never get a sequel. if Minecraft: Story Mode were to get a sequel, it would have to not be rehashed and would probably released in 2019 or 2020, a long ways away. If you stick with Telltale, and not just one of their games, it will be far better for you. Telltale just can't always go over the same water, they need to explore new regions for fans, which they have certainly done with Minecraft.

If you have Xbox One, go pick up the Walking Dead first season for free and try it out. Go try Zer0 Sum and Iron From Ice, both opening episodes for free, then you might realize why Telltale can't be limited to just one game series. Best part, it's free, so if you hate it, then you don't lose any money.

Like my good friend @OzzyUk, I am not Telltale staff, and welcome to the forums!

• [removed]

Think about how miecraft servers work. The are many types of stories and situations that could take place within a season. You have other po

• Thank the gods

OzzyUK posted: »

This game is a 5 episode series so once all 5 episodes have released the game will be over as the 5th episode will conclude the story, i gue

• Besides the fact that minecraft and 4 out of 5 eps sucked of TFTB

Minecraft Story Mode has Unlimited Possibilities. I dont know how many stories your going to make, but I hope you make many. As othe

• And that's your opinion.

Besides the fact that minecraft and 4 out of 5 eps sucked of TFTB

• By the way, happy one year anniversary man.

enter link description here

Minecraft Story Mode has Unlimited Possibilities. I dont know how many stories your going to make, but I hope you make many. As othe

• Look mate, Minecraft: Story mode is in no way the biggest opportunity Telltale has.

Game of Thrones. Is Game of fucking Thrones a smaller opportunity than Minecraft? Considering the majority of Minecraft players are kids who don't give two shits about a story mode for Minecraft, I can't see why they should do like five different stories in the MC universe, especially since the Telltale forums aren't really crazy about the game either.

I also can't see Telltale doing a game for the Hololens, because there is really no potential to it.

• edited November 2015

[removed]

ulop22 posted: »

Look mate, Minecraft: Story mode is in no way the biggest opportunity Telltale has. Game of Thrones. Is Game of fucking Thrones a smaller

• That last paragraph has no relation to anything you said in your first paragraph. And no, plenty of games in the future will be successful without HoloLense technology being forced on them. You just need to find a unique niche and the right audience.

• [removed]

That last paragraph has no relation to anything you said in your first paragraph. And no, plenty of games in the future will be successful without HoloLense technology being forced on them. You just need to find a unique niche and the right audience.

• Edgy. Sorry to spill your salt. My bad on the 2nd paragraph mistake.

• Mmh.

Let me ask you a question. Why? Why in the world would Telltale make a game for the Hololens? I can pretty much guarantee that there will be lots of gaming studios out there who won't do games for the virtual realities and I'm pretty damn sure Telltale is one of them. If you seriously think that "all game developers" will stop doing "original" games and start doing all of their future games to the VRs, you're wrong. If Telltale would start making games for the Hololens, that would mean a serious loss of customers. Not everybody has the money to buy it. They would also lose the Playstation, iOS and Android customers. And those pc players who don't want to change to Windows 10.

• Microsoft baught Mojang for Windows 10 in order to help promote Hololens...

A definite factor, but certainly not the entire reason.

Hololens is the future of the gaming world, All Gaming developers are moving towards Virtual Reality now. seeing as microsoft owns Xbox they will be pushing Hololens forward with games Consoles too. You dont even realise the potential.

I have an interesting article here. HoloLens wouldn't be out for a long time. If you look at the reported cost, around $900, it's more than an Xbox One and PS4 combined. HoloLens is obviously centered around certain kinds of games, and Minecraft, the original, is certainly one. Microsoft knows better than to force developers to use HoloLens, especially multi-platform developers like Telltale or Bethesda.

If Telltale games doesnt evolve with virtual reality they are dead in the water, Like a Dead Floating Fish in the gaming world.. If they choose not to make Virtual Games for Hololens then they wont have a long term future for PC games consoles or mobile devices...

Telltale has been a rising success since its incarnation. Simply put, there is absolutely no practical reason to include it in their games. Not only will it alienate a large portion of their consumer base, virtual reality in a QTE adventure-choice game is not exactly beneficial. HoloLens won't come to the PlayStation or any of that family, which is a significant portion of Telltale's base, and not all computers have Windows 10, and mobile devices, I'm not even sure if they can do virtual reality.

You have No Idea what technology is coming out within 2016 to 2020. Hololens will go commersial in 2018 and Games developers will be pushing for full use of this Technology for their future games... If Telltale thinks it has any future, Its need to evolve with the technology...

Not all developers can and will use HoloLens. Telltale, again, I can safety say won't, just because of how it would affect their customer base, and that virtual reality in their games doesn't exactly make sense. HoloLens is reminding me of LaserDisc, which was a superior quality and audio compared to VHS and Betamax, but due to the high costs it never truly took off.

I can see what playing some games has done to you, Minecraft doesnt promote swearing to make their game interesting. There is no need to use swear words just to get your point across.. I can see how telltale prefers to add curse words and swearing in a childrens game just like using the "C" word in Episodes of Story Mode... Really, this is supposed be be a Kids game and your putting curse words in Story Mode Episodes..

Minecraft: Story Mode is rated E10+, with mild language clearly stated on the side. He can use swear words on these forums as long as it isn't swearing at someone/insulting the them. It's unfair, and frankly uncivil to criticize him for that.

• I think it's a little late for that...

This discussion has been closed.