Why does TellTale support staff act weird?

They say 'we havent announced wau2' 'we dont know if there will be wau2' and bleh bleh bleh :p EVERYone knows its obviously coming, i know TTG wont estimate release. Can we guesstimate it? But ttg staff wont say anythin about it... What r your thoughts..?

Comments

• They probably can't/don't wanna say much because they might be still negotiating/in the early stages of development. Yes, I do believe we'll get a S2, but I don't think we'll get news anytime soon.

• enter image description here

They won't say anything, although it's killing them NOT to. We'll get a S2, that I'd like to hope for but it won't be this year or even next. Just have to wait and see. :)

• Bet it will be 2017 by the time they announce something. They gotta make it rain in their offices eventually.

enter image description here

• edited November 2015

There will only be TWAU S2 if we kidnap the staff that worked on TWAU. We won't release them till they promise that they will make TWAU S2

• edited November 2015

Well for a start, the support team have no obligation at all to answer that question :P

I assume we'll get it either late next year or perhaps in 2017. My hope will never truly die, even though my love for Fables/TWAU is kinda low atm :/

TTG has something planned for us, or else their teasing is just cruel >:(

• We'll throw any uncooperative ones down the nearest well too. Show them we mean business.

There will only be TWAU S2 if we kidnap the staff that worked on TWAU. We won't release them till they promise that they will make TWAU S2

• Throw them down the witching well, it will be impossible for the cops to find their bodies there.

We'll throw any uncooperative ones down the nearest well too. Show them we mean business.

• Pretty much every fan's demand toward Telltale at this point:

HazzatheMan posted: »

Well for a start, the support team have no obligation at all to answer that question :P I assume we'll get it either late next year or pe

• edited November 2015

I think I shall take a little time off of work to replay TWAU and re-read Fables >:)

Maybe then I'll come back here and demand more from TellTale...

Pretty much every fan's demand toward Telltale at this point:

• Yep, that's what I meant. Hopefully Snow White will let us keep the staff hostage in the Woodlands' basement.

Throw them down the witching well, it will be impossible for the cops to find their bodies there.

• Sounds like a fantastic idea!

I think I shall take a little time off of work to replay TWAU and re-read Fables Maybe then I'll come back here and demand more from TellTale...

• Just leave them in the basement with Bluebeard for one night, it should convince them enough

Yep, that's what I meant. Hopefully Snow White will let us keep the staff hostage in the Woodlands' basement.

• Ever since finishing Volume 22, I started re-reading Fables. I was reading up till end of Volume 4 (reading one issue per day), when a lot of things came up (my sister who lives overseas came to visit, I finished playing Life is Strange and currently playing TFTB, and I caught up with a lot of TV shows I've missed).

Finally resumed last night, and currently at the issue where the Cubs are born - while progress is slow, at least it has resumed (though it may be further slowed since final episode of TT's GOT Season 1 is being released soon this month.....so I would have TFTB and GOT to play)

I think I'm only willing to have hope for this until the last day of December (which is a little less than 2 months now, lol). If no announcements are made until then I'd have officially given up on TWAU Season 2 (while I do admit it would be nice if TT announced it sometime this year, I won't be holding my breath). I have better things to do but hopelessly hold onto something which may not even materialize (which is the case until TT gives us something concrete: an announcement with them saying "We will make TWAU season 2").

p.s. That said, I'm quite enjoying TFTB at the moment. Very nice gameplay, and some funny moments. Though I'd say in terms of characters themselves, TWAU is better.

I think I shall take a little time off of work to replay TWAU and re-read Fables Maybe then I'll come back here and demand more from TellTale...

• They likely don't know themselves at this point. It takes a while to negotiate a license, especially considering Telltale is much bigger now than it was when it negotiated the license for The Wolf Among Us (which was well before the release of The Walking Dead), so they'll probably be trying to negotiate better terms this time around.

In the end, whether we get a season two most likely depends on whether they can get the license or not. For instance, Tales of Monkey Island was Telltale's biggest hit before Back to the Future, and they wanted to do a sequel but when Darrell Rodriguez resigned as president at LucasArts, the next president wasn't open to licensing LucasArts adventure game projects, and the prospect of a sequel at Telltale became dead in the water. Things probably are better off for the Fables license though, since Bill Willingham was really happy with Telltale's game. Of course, in the end, it's not only up to Bill Willingham, but DC Comics and Vertigo as well, and no one knows how the management there feels about licensing Fables for another game at the moment.

We can only wait until we get another season or hear from Telltale that they can't get the license (although the latter isn't guaranteed as the only time they've ever talked about losing or not being able to obtain licenses is with Bone, Monkey Island, King's Quest, and Wallace & Gromit). We'll just have to keep our fingers crossed and hope for good news.

• Because they don't know if they will make a season 2, they haven't confirmed it. TWAU is a little out there now. TWD made them more famous, so of course we weill get TWD3, and TftB was praised as the best Telltale game yet, so would not be surprised of season 2 at all, while TWAU was just another fantastic Telltale game like Game of Thrones.

• JenniferJennifer Moderator
    edited November 2015

It's a little more complicated than just which games sold well and had good praise. The Walking Dead had a license from the beginning that stated that it was for multiple games on multiple platforms. The license for Game of Thrones had those terms stipulated as well. Which means that Telltale can keep making as many games based on The Walking Dead as they want, as they don't have to renegotiate the license every time they want to make another season or other downloadable content. They haven't announced another season of Game of Thrones yet, but they're free to do as many of those as they want as well, since they don't have to renegotiate the license for that either.

For all of their other games however, they need to renegotiate license terms when they want to make another season, and that takes time. Negotiations would take at least many months, but likely it would take several years. So that means if they want to make another game based on Borderlands, or Minecraft, or Fables, they have to renegotiate the rights first before they can even start production on the game. And then of course, it's at least a year after that of pre-production before those series would start full production and begin to be released.

ZillionJape posted: »

Because they don't know if they will make a season 2, they haven't confirmed it. TWAU is a little out there now. TWD made them more famous,

• Why is everyone suddenly so certain that a S2 is happening? Did I miss something?

• This, probably.

https://twitter.com/jobjstauffer/status/648327989608910848

It doesn't confirm anything, but if they want to keep secret they must have something in mind at least.

AgentZ46 posted: »

Why is everyone suddenly so certain that a S2 is happening? Did I miss something?

• Oh, I knew abou that. Last time I checked everyone was still skeptical.

TheCatWolf posted: »

This, probably. https://twitter.com/jobjstauffer/status/648327989608910848 It doesn't confirm anything, but if they want to keep secret they must have something in mind at least.

• We are, but at least it's not a statement saying "There will be no more TWAU"

AgentZ46 posted: »

Oh, I knew abou that. Last time I checked everyone was still skeptical.

• Yep. It's OK to remain optimistic. Until they announce that they have no more plans for The Wolf Among Us, anything's possible. Heck, the surprise release of Back to the Future: 30th Anniversary Edition or the inclusion of Sam & Max in Poker Night 2 are indications that prospects of Telltale revisiting their past licenses aren't as impossible as they seem.

We are, but at least it's not a statement saying "There will be no more TWAU"

• True, but S&M and Back To The Future are actually quite old titles for TellTale. TWAU is only just a year old :)

Jennifer posted: »

Yep. It's OK to remain optimistic. Until they announce that they have no more plans for The Wolf Among Us, anything's possible. Heck, the

• Indeed, which is all the more reason to still be optimistic. :D

True, but S&M and Back To The Future are actually quite old titles for TellTale. TWAU is only just a year old

• XD

Indeed, which is all the more reason to still be optimistic.

• although the latter isn't guaranteed as the only time they've ever talked about losing or not being able to obtain licenses is with Bone, Monkey Island, King's Quest, and Wallace & Gromit

I would go further than that and say that the only time they've willingly talked about licensing issues was Monkey Island. Bone was supposed to have more episodes, they had announced a King's Quest game, and they had to stop selling Wallace & Gromit. So the silent treatment wasn't an option in these cases.

They likely don't know themselves at this point. It takes a while to negotiate a license, especially considering Telltale is much bigger no

• This was hands down my favorite telltale title I have played yet. I hope they get a chance to do more and if they get the license I hope they are able to lock it down for sequels as well.

Seems past games taught them to set deals up like this now.

I,
    wish,
    they knew,
    what they know now....... When they were younger..

Sign in to comment in this discussion.