Theories - Overlooked Evidence

I know the Nerissa/Faith thing has been done to death, but hear me out.

There seems to be a ton of evidence, in either direction, that both groups consistently overlook in their theories. For example, I've heard the Mirror argument a dozen times, but not once have I seen anyone explain why the jewelry box was broken in Faith's cubby. There's a bunch of little stuff like that all over the place. If Lily's track marks show through the glamor, why wouldn't Faith's bruises (if she glamored as Nerissa)? How would Nerissa/Faith get the glamors to follow through with the double glamor theory (in which, they glamor as each other and Nerissa, as Faith, is killed)?

And not just Nerissa/Faith theories, either. Why did Bluebeard burn all of Crane's stuff/destroy the Tweedle's office? If you go there first, there's nothing that points to him, so why bother? What happened to Jersey and the Tweedles? Why wasn't the Woodsman at Lily's funeral (Holly states in a certain dialogue branch she wishes he was there) or at the trial? Why were the Tweedle's not arrested for the whole putting a bunch of bullets in people thing, or even mentioned as being fugitives? If Toad had the money, why did Snow make him go to the Farm?

Give me your theories, with as much evidence as you possibly can. I want to find the most plausible explanations to these little mysteries as possible. I'm not expecting to get much attention here, given the game isn't particularly new or talked about anymore, but I can hope.

Comments

• I certainly don't know about the whole Faith/Nerissa mixup, but I can answer some of these questions:

What happened to Jersey and the Tweedles?

I think the game was purposefully vague about that. It seems you were supposed to get the impression they were down and out.

Why wasn't the Woodsman at Lily's funeral (Holly states in a certain dialogue branch she wishes he was there) or at the trial?

For the funeral, he was probably felt too guilty to show up because he was a client of hers - that, or Holly and Grendel were pissed at him. As for the trial, his taxi ride after the fight at Lucky Pawn was probably supposed to be his exit for the Season. That discussion he had with Bigby set up some ambiguity of his future whereabouts, which was probably a noir trope to keep you guessing what the Woodsman was doing next.

Why were the Tweedle's not arrested for the whole putting a bunch of bullets in people thing, or even mentioned as being fugitives?

As I mentioned earlier, Bigby kicked their butts. That, and Bloody Mary had the Crooked Man escape into the streets. Crooked Man was a far larger priority than some petty thugs like the Tweedles.

If Toad had the money, why did Snow make him go to the Farm?

I think it was more about the principle of it all. Toad frequently broke the rules in the past, and Snow wanted to take a stricter stance on unglamoured Fables. Keep in mind, she said in Episode 4 that Bigby was not to give Toad any money, and depending on your choices, choosing to give him money meant disobeying Snow even if you felt you owed him money for wrecking his place in Episode 1.

• This is exactly what I mean. I was hoping some other players might have other questions or theories about smaller bits of the game too. I feel like there's so much that gets overlooked. Bits of dialogue and whatever else that doesn't get talked about much.

I certainly don't know about the whole Faith/Nerissa mixup, but I can answer some of these questions: What happened to Jersey and the

• Boy, do I have some unanswered questions... I finished the game, but haven't played through all the options yet, so let me know if any answers can be found in the game!

• Who took the photos of Crane and Lily?
    • Bigby finds two broken-open jewelry boxes belonging to Faith, and mentions that one of them didn't even have a lock. Why was it broken?
    • To hire a prostitute, you pay first, then get a room key. So why was Faith at Woody's apartment trying to get money from him to bring her boss? It's implied that he owed her for sex, but why weren't they at the Open Arms? And wouldn't he have had to pay up front?
    • Was Faith's body ever recovered? I don't remember anyone mentioning it. If so, why didn't Bigby search her, like he did with Lily? If not... well, we know where Lily's body was dumped, logically Faith's body would have been in the same spot, right? Sloppy detective work, Bigby.
    • Crane got Bigby out of the police station by using a spell to put the mundies to sleep, and erasing their recent memories. But it looks like they didn't bother covering their tracks; erasing the video tapes, for instance. Does the memory spell erase evidence, too?
    • At Faith's apartment, you find that Lawrence shot himself in the chest while sitting in a chair. Yet there's a knife on the floor in front of him, and "still sticky" blood on the Murphy bed behind him (which had been folded up since getting bloodied). What happened?
    • Why the hell doesn't Bigby have any money of his own? He starts with $58, and the only way to get more is to steal it. Doesn't he get paid or something?
    • How does Colin keep escaping The Farm upstate, and getting to Manhattan unnoticed?
    • What happened to The Homeland? I get that there was an Exodus, but... what caused it? And what happened to the Fables left behind?
    • Woody gets an axe through his skull and walks it off. Georgie gets stabbed and he dies. What is it that makes some injuries lethal, and not others?
    • When Bigby goes to talk to Toad and TJ at the office, they're looking at something in the magic mirror that Toad quickly hides. What was it?
    • After Crane is taken by Mary, you can find his jacket... but what happened to him?
    • Where is King Cole?
    • After Snow takes the Donkeyskin coat, what does she do with it?

That's all I can think of for now, but I'm sure I can come up with more :P

• I can answer ONE of those questions.

Woody didn't die because his fable is told a lot, unlike Georgie. I believe they stated that if their legend is told a lot, it would make them more powerful. Hence why Woody survived a stab to the head, but Georgie died with a stab to the gut. Means Georgie died from a lack of popularity.

ADrinkGiver posted: »

Boy, do I have some unanswered questions... I finished the game, but haven't played through all the options yet, so let me know if any answe

• Means Georgie died from a lack of popularity.

For some reason that sounds so funny.

RhysAndLee posted: »

I can answer ONE of those questions. Woody didn't die because his fable is told a lot, unlike Georgie. I believe they stated that if thei

• I don't know if this has been talked about at all, but I've just thought that there is one other person, besides Bigby, who would know for definite, that Faith and Nerissa glamours were used. The person who provided the glamours. Could it have been Aunty Greenleaf? She was an intermediary for Crane to get a Snow glamour from and for other Fables to get glamours as well. This is backed up by Lily having Aunty Greenleaf in her address book. Most would go to her for the fact they are cheap, but also may do so if they wish to impersonate other Fables, which I believe is illegal, so registered witches would not be able to do so. Plus, she wouldn't ask questions about it, especially if she got paid handsomely for it. I imagine all of them had several glamours ready for clients.

Track marks are not very easy to hide. There's several ways bruises can be hidden. Makeup is one of them. Could also be a reason why Nerissa doesn't respond well to Bigby touching her.

Bluebeard could very well stumble on the same evidence you do. Fabletown is an investment on his part and Crane is basically stealing from him. He could see burning his stuff as revenge and destroying the Tweedle's office to send a message.

They were looking for them in episode 3 as well as Crane, but when the Crooked Man made his move, they realized that the Tweedles were only part of a much bigger problem. I'm sure they would have been arrested, but they were more often than not in hiding or under Bloody Mary and Crooked Man's protection.

Well, the money was for a glamour right? It's puzzling to me too, cause if he has the money, why would Snow outright refuse him? If he breaks the rules afterwards, then send him.

• I think the point is Faith's body is never found so the reveal at the end is vague.
    • King Cole is rarely in Fabletown, which is why the corruption is as big as it was.
    • Faith and Lily "supposedly" switched clients, so I would think Lily would sleep with Woody outside the Open Arms, especially if he does not have to pay all the time. I don't think Faith slept with Woody though, he saw her and got mad when she demanded money.
    ADrinkGiver posted: »

Boy, do I have some unanswered questions... I finished the game, but haven't played through all the options yet, so let me know if any answe

• When the Magic Mirror couldn't show Faith's body, that led me to believe that Faith is probably alive and was probably Nerissa.

• Well, you can ask the mirror where Lily is and he says almost the same thing.

prink34320 posted: »

When the Magic Mirror couldn't show Faith's body, that led me to believe that Faith is probably alive and was probably Nerissa.

• edited December 2015

Was that before or after they found her body? Plus can the Mirror find those hidden with Glamour?

pcharl01 posted: »

Well, you can ask the mirror where Lily is and he says almost the same thing.

• edited December 2015

If I remember correctly, you only find out who she is if you do the "autopsy" before talking to mirror. Plus he did show Faith's daddy brittled bones so he can show dead people. Idk about those hidden with "illegal" or "unauthorized" glamour because all of the people Bigby can ask the MM to find are humanoid fables but I would assume MM could be able to find anyone glamoured by the 13th room witches.

Was that before or after they found her body? Plus can the Mirror find those hidden with Glamour?

• I'm a bit confused lol

If I remember correctly, you only find out who she is if you do the "autopsy" before talking to mirror. Plus he did show Faith's daddy brit

• edited December 2015

But who would be such a person that supposed big bad would cover for them?

Because what you're suggesting is that there is even "bigger bad" behind the scenes that for whatever reason was never brought up by the guy who would likely know and save his hide.

• What are you confused about and I'll try to elaborate.

I'm a bit confused lol

• But the Mirror can't tell you where Lily is before the autopsy?

What are you confused about and I'll try to elaborate.

Sign in to comment in this discussion.